Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: No Bread with burgers and hotdogs page 3

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanctus Real View Post
    Lol, when people question me on why I'm bunless, I smile and say, "I think I'm gluten intolerant. Trust me, you don't want to sit next to me if I eat wheat!" So far, no one's tried to encourage me to eat the buns, anyway. Go figure.
    I'll try this one day.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    "I'm celiac, no thank you" works for me most of the time. But honestly, it's nobody's business anyhow. I'm not snarking on someone else for eating cake or drinking sugary drinks, so I would hope they'd return the courtesy.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

SlimIcy is offline Senior Member
    Burgers aren't a problem, but an easy solution for dogs and sausages is to use romaine lettuce leaves. Works just like a bun/wrap.

Sudenveri is offline Senior Member
    They did a cookout at work on Friday, I had hamburgers with veggie toppings and lettuce "buns." No one gave me looks, but most people there know I have food intolerances/allergies anyway. I have a bit of a built-in excuse with my fibromyalgia, too. Given my druthers, I'd take the weird looks and fiber queries. Sleeping for twelve hours a day for two weeks after getting hit with a summer cold sucks balls.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    It's not like your average white-bread hamburger or hotdog bun is exactly a high-fibre food source anyhow.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

davem is offline Senior Member
    Had a small barbecue here, Steaks, shrimp, squash and mushrooms. To hell with the ground meats and buns. I won't partake in hotdogs unless I make them myself (it's easy and you can tailor them).

I was at a restaurant earlier and ordered a a turkey burger without the bun, without missing a beat the server says, want it protein style? I was like... huh? "They'll wrap it in lettuce so you can still pick it up!"

Hey sweet, that's awesome! My left thumb is burnt.

I've found the gluten intolerance statement kills questions, and gets people super concerned, "Are you sure you can eat here? We have wheat in the kitchen!" Heh, awesome.
    My Fitday public journal.
    Me vs. Russian Boar, hunt is on Aug. 20th. WHAT'S MORE PRIMAL THAN THAT?!
    Recently survived Warrior Dash, New England.
    Game Developer, ex-Chef, long time Fatbody.

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by davem View Post
    Had a small barbecue here, Steaks, shrimp, squash and mushrooms. To hell with the ground meats and buns. I won't partake in hotdogs unless I make them myself (it's easy and you can tailor them).

I was at a restaurant earlier and ordered a a turkey burger without the bun, without missing a beat the server says, want it protein style? I was like... huh? "They'll wrap it in lettuce so you can still pick it up!"

Hey sweet, that's awesome! My left thumb is burnt.

I've found the gluten intolerance statement kills questions, and gets people super concerned, "Are you sure you can eat here? We have wheat in the kitchen!" Heh, awesome.
    I got my five guys bacon burger protein style, too.

Mike in Virginia is offline Senior Member
    Grilled burgers tonight (in a light drizzle...thankfully it didn't pour) and had mine naked. To clarify: the burgers were naked, not me. lol
    Live your life and love your life. It's the only one you get.

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    If you don't make a big deal and try to explain paleo and convert everyone, no one will care. People are not that interested unless you put yourself out there as a weirdo or holier than thou type.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Sudenveri is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike in Virginia View Post
    Grilled burgers tonight (in a light drizzle...thankfully it didn't pour) and had mine naked. To clarify: the burgers were naked, not me. lol
    Real men grill naked.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast