Thread: E-coli found in beef: Illnesses 26 Deaths: 2 page

darien is offline Junior Member

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member

Yikes.

Just another reason to avoid crappy supermarket ground beef I have been super broke just lately, and haven't been able to afford my grass-fed...but every time I eat this junk, I know I'm rolling the dice. Hopefully my killer immune system will take care of things....

chocolatechip69 is offline Junior Member

It makes me sick to my stomack thinking how many animals goes to waste every time they initiate one of those recalls. Makes me even sicker when they try not to and hope everyone will just sweep it under the rug.

nina_70 Guest

Yeah...yikes!

I always worry about e-coli in beef esp. since we raw-feed our dog. We've been able to buy 100% grass-fed beef (incl. for the dog) recently so thankfully don't have to worry about it at the moment, but it always scares me to see this.

By the way I heard Costco is one of the only retailers that mandates tests on their incoming beef for e-coli. So, when we don't have a choice or can't access the grass-fed that's where we buy it.

maba is offline Senior Member

Reading stuff like this makes me just SO angry. Please watch Food, Inc. if you haven't. Food companies have no respect whatsoever for human life, all they care about is profits. It's cheaper for them to settle class action lawsuits than to provide quality food, so why do they care! I don't know what will end this madness.

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

Not the only reason, but one reason, for all the increase in meat contamination is the large reductions in slaughterhouse inspection and "self not-reporting" of incidences. People have forgotten, or don't realize that such outbreaks were very, very rare forty years ago.

This started with the Reagan and subsequent "shrink the government" ideologies. "We don't need no stinkin' USDA meat inspectors!"

Pay me now, or pay me later.

grandma is offline Member

I was recently fed some infected meat at an event. I didn't get sick, a bunch of people did. But I did get a call from THE CDC to ask what I did and didn't eat. That was interesting. It went something like this "did you take anything off you burger?" - "the bun". "Did you add anything to your burger" -- "Butter". "um, um, OK. ah... Did you eat the potato salad?" -- "No".

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

shastagirl Guest

yes ive just watched food inc! it is disgusting. and to think that if they just fed the poor creatures grass we would never have hemorrhagic e-coli to begin with!

primal_jessjane is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Now... Is it only possible to catch the bacteria if the meat is undercooked? If meat is thoroughly cooked, there's no risk, correct?