Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Radishes not primal? page

Leida is offline Senior Member

Radishes not primal?

I have been re-reading the New Evolution book, and noticed something I missed before - that radishes were among the tubers. I just never realized before (don't know why) that radishes were a starch. I really dislike raw celery & not big on bell peppers, so radishes and cusumbers are my staple raw veggies. I assume that means, I should keep radishes as a treat, or is 4 to 5 radishes a day, every day OKay?

marqueemoon is offline Senior Member
    ahahahah. the day I consider RADISHES a "treat" is the day I check myself into treatment for an eating disorder.

Yeah, I was bevildered as well. But here it is, on pg 47 of the New Evolution Diet, the Starchy Foods section:

"It also includes most root vegetables, such as sweet potatoes, parsnips, water chestnuts, turnips, and radishes." It goes on that you can occasionally have yam and beet or raw carrot (which I do), but doesn't mention radishes.

So, what's the deal?

newberrycrater is offline Senior Member
    If YOU want radishes, then please eat radishes. 4 or 5 radishes a day sounds perfectly healthy to me. Nobody got fat/unhealthy by eating radishes. A half a cup of sliced radishes only has 2 grams of carbs, so not much starch at all. http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/
    Last edited by newberrycrater; 07-04-2011 at 08:25 AM.

newberrycrater is offline Senior Member
    Also, please consult this thread: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread24576.html

Melody is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marqueemoon View Post
    ahahahah. the day I consider RADISHES a "treat" is the day I check myself into treatment for an eating disorder.
    for real. root vegetables are healthy and important when you're eating primal. also radishes are disgusting so i'm not sure what hell i'd have to be in for them to be a treat

marqueemoon is offline Senior Member
    I enjoy radishes for their crunch in salads. But they aren't exactly mouth-watering.

brahnamin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by newberrycrater View Post
    This.

Quite possibly the best *don't take yourself too seriously* thread in existence.

This is an AWSOME post. Hilareous and to the point.

I really love crunchy, juicy veggies, and radishes are top of the list for me tied with raw cabbages. On the other hand, I am not into raw broccoli and cauliflower. Mmm... radishes....

ShannonPA-S is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by newberrycrater View Post
    Lol! I knew what you linked to even before I clicked the link.

Seriously, that thread is the best thing I've read in a long time.

The day I start worrying about radishes is the day I will bury my head in the sand and give up. Nothing against OP, of course. I have been there, trying to be perfect. I just can't handle it anymore. Eat the radishes (for nothing but pleasure if they're that great to you!).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast