Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Heartburn won't go away :( page 2

nina_70 Guest

Primal Fuel

Don't have anything useful to contribute, but just wanted to send you some {{sooothing vibes}}

Hope you feel better soon!

maba is offline Senior Member

CC69, I'm going to try and do that. Wonder if my IFing everyday this week exacerbated it.

Nina, thank you so much for the good vibes.

PrimalK is offline Junior Member

That could be that the IFing wasn't helping - that's a good point. Take care.

Thank you PrimalK. I had a meal earlier today even though I didn't feel like it.

chocolatechip69 is offline Junior Member

I say break into your 20% and go for some greek yogurt

My coworker and I were just laughing today because that's all she eats every single morning: greek yogurt and fruit. I asked her if she was getting sick of it yet and she said she used to always have a terrible heartburn but no longer gets it because of her yogurt addiction.

CC69, I love yoghurt and have it regularly, but stopped just this week to see if cutting all the semi-primal foods will help. I will have some yoghurt tonight and see if that helps.

nina_70 Guest

Ooooo...I just realized I do have something to contribute. How about aloe? It's one of those old-time natural remedies for heartburn and digestive issues in general. I've used it for my animals and I remember my mom using this a while back. Read here:

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0FKA/is_4_69/ai_n18791510/

Looks for pure inner leaf aloe. At least, from what I remember that's the best kind. There's aloe drinks out there too.

Nina, thanks for the suggestion. I read that aloe is good for heartburn somewhere else too. Will look for it in the health section of my co-op. I also ordered Dr.Eades' low-dose pills.

My mum who is visiting from India is leaving today. She has been extremely concerned about my diet, specifically my IFs. And when I mentioned my heartburn to my husband (a physician) this morning, he blamed it on my high-fat diet and IFs. And my mom didn't need to hear anything else and she was really upset. So to assuage her and give her peace of mind before she leaves in a few hours, I ate whatever she made - fermented rice crepes w/ veggies and coconut chutney, I made sure it had a lot of ghee. Plus 2 cups of coffee w/ milk!!! I'm having just a slight hint of heartburn now compared to earlier this morning! Anyway, I told her I wouldn't skip meals and would eat at least 2 times a day.

g2baker is offline Member

Hope you feel better maba. You need food in your stomach when your dealing with high acid. It needs something to break down instead of your stomach lining. The IF-ing is probably making it worse so your stomach doesn't have time to heal. Use the other remedies that people are mentioning. But don't let your stomach get to empty. Keep the meal small for now until you start having some better days, then you could can go back to your regular routine. Sounds like whatever you ate, really set you off. Again, hope you feel better.

Thanks Gigi. I think you're right. It could be the IFing after all that wheat. I've been eating smaller meals at regular intervals today and I'm feeling much better. Had a hint of heartburn after eating a piece of dark chocolate, but it wasn't bad. I'm going to eat smaller meals for the next few days before I IF again.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast