Thread: Why hallo tharr. page

Fiona is offline Junior Member

Why hallo tharr.

Primal Fuel
    Hey all!

I've been researching the Primal Blueprint for a while, and but in the past always just jumped in half-heartedly... I was living with my parents at first, and couldn't afford buying my own food... so I didn't last very long in my fairly carb-centric household. Then, I started college, and the lack of options at school (I was often stuck with a skin-less chicken breast and salad for every.single.meal) didn't bode well either.

Once I moved in with my now-husband, it was a bit easier - except he's a carb addict too, and the main cook! However, I retaliated with giving him all the grisly details of the effects of grains, and I think I've turned him totally off of grains! He's still eating them a little, and he's still drinking his beer too, but I've gotten him to eat mostly primal breakfasts and dinners with me, so I can eat as primal as I want without worrying about what we're gonna eat!

I've now decided to make the jump and go 100% Primal. Or, at least, as close as I can get. I'm currently 25 weeks pregnant, so I'm being really careful with jumping into this, but I already have some good results: namely, the constant heartburn that has plagued me has disappeared since I stopped eating grains (and that was only a couple days ago)!

I'm still having plenty of sugar cravings, and having trouble staying away from the sweets... but at least my peanut butter is finally gone and my chocolate is almost gone too (hey, at least it's dark chocolate). Soon, I won't have any way to cheat, except for my husband's food.... but, honestly, even just looking at bread makes me feel sick.

It's amazing how full I'm feeling. My breakfast has been 2 slices of bacon, 2 fried eggs, and half an avocado, and I'm still not hungry at dinner time. I often have to force myself to eat a little more... which is a big change from snacking all the time.

I'm worried about getting in all my micronutrients, especially as I am stuck eating mostly frozen, packages veggies and cheaper cuts of meat, so have been supplementing Omega-3's, Vitamin D, Folic Acid, and B12 (apparently I was low). I had been taking Shakeology to get a at least a little extra of all of these, but I'm trying to cut down a bit because of the fructose level. I think I might still take it 2x a week, just to make sure I get the vitamins I really need right now, and in the mean time try to find a larger variety of veggies that I can afford.

Sorry for the big essay... but yeah. Hi all. =)

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Sorry for the big essay... but yeah. Hi all. =)
    Welcome Fiona. Not a big essay at all. We want to get to know you.

It's great you are doing this for yourself and your baby. I am worried about whether you are getting enough to eat.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

It's definitely been a challenge, I think a lot of the time, I'm just not up for a full meal but I'm up for a smaller snack... so I'm hardboiling some eggs tonight and cooking up some extra chicken (it's what's for dinner) for snacks. We definitely have to go to the store tomorrow... I don't have much in the house right now, so that makes it a bit harder. :P

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    The current mantra seems to be don't snack. But maybe for you snacking is better, as long as the snacks are healthy of course.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

In general, I'd agree - I'd much rather not snack. However, seeing as the baby likes kicking my stomach a lot, I tend to have problems if I eat anything larger than a small meal at one time. I can try eating several smaller meals throughout the day, true, and I suppose if I make them all in the beginning of the day it would be easier scheduling around meals.

I'll try it out tomorrow, and I'll post what all I end up eating here. I agree that I need to get some more food in my system. =)

Thanks!