Thread: Chronicles of Primalia page

lssanjose is offline Senior Member

Chronicles of Primalia

I should have done this when I made the decision to commit to this lifestyle. I say this because the timing couldn't have been more erratic, with respect to my current situation. I've been staying with my folks for a month, and change; I won't be back in my regular stomping grounds on until the 12th of this month. This said, my parents have given me grief about my decision. They're still flabbergasted when I told them I eat six eggs a day. Just an hour ago, my mother told me I should limit to four a day, because they're not "healthy." I love, and respect my parents, but I can't wait to be back in Oregon, where I have more control over my food choices; I've been labeled as a picky eater (whatever that means).

I made the jump to primal back in late March, early April of this year. I was intrigued, at first, when my friend had a discussion with a lady regarding gluten-free items. I, then, talked to another friend - who also goes to the same gym the other guy, and I attend. This friend then directed me to Mark's site, and bought the PB on the spot. I really was intrigued by what Mark had to say, and had changed my paradigm - not so much to switch entirely, but made me question what I originally was healthy. I couldn't believe how things were night and day; I didn't need coffee that morning I woke up.

A few weeks after that, I had a dental appointment; there, they did a blood pressure reading, and it was 120/85 (supposedly normal). Fast forward to June where I flew down to visit my friends, and folks in Southern Cal. I had a blood pressure test done at my birthday party at a friend's house. It read 147/97. It dumbfounded me, but I kind of shrugged it off, thinking it was the odd food choices available at the party. Granted during the week before that day, I had gorged on cake, like nobody's business; this made me not miss cake, by the way.

I'm still getting grief from my folks. They've cited things about simplicity of life, as opposed to scanning food labels constantly - eat whatever was handed over. They then talk about how expensive it is; I did get defensive by saying how I don't spend on additional stuff like they did (ice cream, frozen items, prepackaged, etc).

Forward to today, and I sneaked a BP reader at the market, and it showed 158/103. I did get stressed out over my folks' argument about my food choices, and all that.

At the end of the day, I feel much better than I ever did, before; I've done the whole grain, low fat, lower protein already. I still remember the sugar, and carb crashes I've endured, especially when I worked five to six days a week, gorging on Subway. By the way, I no longer am a fan of the place, as I found their salads to be somewhat sub-par, contrasted against my own homemade solutions.

I don't have much of a "success story." But, I'll say I've dropped a few pounds of body fat I don't think I would have gotten off, had I not switched to Primal. Let's just say, after a few health scares when I tried out for the military, and border patrol; I decided I'd take control of my health in ways I didn't before.

I know it seems stubborn, but at this point of my life (I'm 30), I don't want to be prescribed any meds; and I've lost a lot of faith in most doctors. I figured, if I die, I die (another stubborn mentality, I know). But, this morning's readings has gotten me to think about logging what I've eaten, and really ensure my macros are in order.

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Just established a fitday account. I'm liking what it has to offer, thus far. I know we're not about portion control, but logging things wouldn't hurt, right?