Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Primal Journal - Marzipan page 8

marzipan is offline Member
    Shop Now
    So it is Friday. I have been so good! Out to lunch with brokers at a pasta place, and just had salad and bubbly water! NO bread, wine, dessert, pasta, pizza or anything. They definitely gave me wierd looks. I had one glass of wine last night at a networking event, largely because I was too busy to eat and needed some calories. But otherwise, great! I am losing weight. I am very tired, I think from lack of caffeine. Hopefully this will get better by next week...

marzipan is offline Member
    So it has been a week and a day without caffeine. I miss my coffee. Life doesn't have the same sparkle without coffee. Especially at Annual Results time. I am going to add back a cup a day as soon as this detox is over. Much harder to give up coffee than wine. So other things that I am learning... and it is really interesting... the drugs mask the real deal. So, the reason that I could drink wine most nights was that I was using caffeine to mask the sluggish feeling in the morning that comes from alcohol. And then, I used caffeine to cover my hunger all day, and then would binge on wine and cheese at night because I didn't "feel hungry" all day. Now that I'm off the coffee, I am hungry in the morning. THen, because I'm off the wine, I am not eating the crap that I would eat when tipsy. So the cycle has been broken! I am not having too much fun - sluggish and very hard to say no to a wonderful glass of wine, but I am losing weight.

Solldara is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Stick with it you're doing great - its only been a week and you're body is still adapting.

Energy wise it took me almost 3 weeks to get the "life's great and lets attack it" stage, luckily for me I was expecting my energy levels to take while to stabalise as I'd already read about it on the forums so it didn't put me off - just keep going for the 30 days and then decide whether to put the coffee back on a regular basis, many do here and seem to have no ill effects but in my case its occasionally as I only like cafe lattes, so I just have one if I'm out near a decent coffee bar (about once a week) .

Wine seems to be a bit of your Achilles heel so maybe wait for that one till you're nearer or at your goal weight, as it seems to undermine your weight loss plans.

As I stand here typing this I'm eating tinned pink salmon for breakfast (10am here) so remember there's no need to let yourself get hungry - just grab some protein and some veg if you fancy it and you'll be good to go.
    1st June 11 to 30st Aug 11 - 36lb removed in 13 weeks
    Messed about on and off for the rest of the year

June 2012 - Had the practice - now time to do it for real

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678