Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - Marzipan page 2

marzipan is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Great news! My dinner date canceled last minute so I got to go home. I SO need a night in. I have to build relationships as part of my job, but I am not going to lie, sometimes you just want to come home, eat a healthy dinner and have some time to yourself. The stress of go go go is sometimes wearing.

So, the other half cooked me dinner tonight on the spur of the moment. BBQ organic hamburger patties. Bok Choy & broccoli steamed. Avocado. Very basic primal meal, but I loved it! A glass of red. Nailed today. Clean, primal eating. Lift in the gym and 40 minutes of walking. Wahoo.

Solldara is offline Senior Member
    I've found a fridge in the office containing cold left overs, tinned corned beef and tinned salmon etc are the key to stress free primal.

That way if I don't get time to organise breakfast there is no problem as I just grab some salad and cold meat out the fridge on the way out the door and eat at my desk.

This works really well for me as I'm never actually hungry as there is always meat and salad in both my office and home fridge so the urge to eat things like bread rarely happen.

If weight loss is your aim the wine and nuts will slow that down, so again actually planning when and how many you're going to eat/drink will probably help.

I have made a deliberate decision not to beat myself up if I don't quite manage my good exercise intentions 1 week - this has helped me to not say sod it and fall off the wagon, so try looking at this week as a chance to experiment with what will work into your schedule and look to trying to implement it next week - if it doesn't work then next week was fine tuning and the following week can be the implementation week. If you're walking 40 mins per day you are managing the minimum recommended exercise anyway so the extra is all good and will come in time.

Anyway good luck with it and hope this helps

I completely agree, Solldara. Salad and cold meat in the work fridge is a great idea. I have tried that before, and had mixed results - only because I am literally in meetings all day long. I may have 15 minutes here and there, but it is hard to sit down and eat. Hence the handful of nuts that I can down in between meetings. What I may have to do, now that you mention it, is come up with some less caloric snacks (to replace the nuts) or block out my calendar for 15 minutes around 4:30 to eat a salad from the fridge. I could definitely do a combination of both of those. Cold salad with meat is good for me because it doesn't smell, and we are open-plan at work... Good tips! Thank you.

Saturday here today. Beautiful sunny day, but cold. Eggs and bacon for breakfast with a small wedge of goats cheese and some sautéed spinach. 2.5 cups of coffee. Fueled up! Going to go for a run in a little bit, if I can get up the energy, just to take advantage of the gorgeous sunny weather. I hear there are some killer stairs right near where I live, and was planning on doing 5 repeats at high intensity. Now that I write it here, I have to go! =)

I need to plan my weekends better. I find that my brain is very tired from my long weeks, and all I want to do is sit on the couch. But then I'm mad that I "wasted" the weekend sitting inside. I have a very yang apartment which reminds me of a modern office building. White. Stark. I am going to move to a older terrace house with a nice backyard so I can get some more yin & relaxation while I am at home. I don't feel rejuvenated when I get back to work. Not enough differential between work and home environments. In fact, work is nicer! We recently moved into the inner city suburbs to cut down on my commute (we used to live at the beach in Manly, 50 min commute each way) and I am mourning the loss of the beach and the nature component.

I am also not getting any play besides going out to dinner. I never did like to play "not productive" but maybe I should find something play-like to do... I don't like team sports (I am too competitive, so it isn't fun)... hmmmm.

Ok. Time to get off the computer. And off the couch. And into my VFFs. I can do it. Here goes...!

I did it! Found the really long long set of stairs winding up to the domain. 5 x repeats at max power. Ran there and back. Yay.

Dinner with mommy and the spouse. It was lovely. I had a few pieces of prosciutto for entrée, and the steak with broccolini and spinach. A wedge of cheese and a few slices of pear for dessert. A few glasses of red. Yum!

Oh and a few pieces of dark chocolate licorice...

Sunday. Love Sunday! Out to brunch with mommy and the hubby. Italian place in pots point with huge blackboards. Menu written in Italian. Such amazing food. Had scrambled eggs with mushrooms and tomatoes. Avoided the toast. Coffee with a splash of cream. One bite of hubby's pain au chocolat, but stopped at one! Success.

Roast tonight. Grass fed Organic beef. I'm actually going to cook! Shock horror. Laughing. I never cook. But my mom is here and she told me what to do. So I bought a lovely beef roast, some pumpkin, onion and brussel sprouts. Rosemary. Hopefully it will be good, and we can have leftovers tomorrow. The other half is sick, so I want to give him lots of healthy, hearty food.

Roast was a little underdone, but no worries! Microwave. So to recap:

B - eggs with mushrooms and tomatoes, coffee and one bite of croissant
    S - green apple with some goats cheese
    S - yogurt with one spoon raw honey
    D - beef roast with pumpkin, brussel sprouts, a few carrots. A little butter. Spinach. 1/2 avocado. Olive oil. 1/2 glass of red.

Hungry in the middle of the day. Not sure how I feel about raw honey. Made my teeth hurt. Also, think I have been eating too much cheese. Read a success story on mda and it made me think... I'm not eating tons, and it's all top quality, but probably should cut it down for weight loss. Haven't lost weight on the scale yet and am one week in... Prob should do measurements bc I feel thinner, but who can really tell?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Monday debrief. I think I'm going to have to calculate today's calories. I'm getting nervous that I'm over-eating and drinking and that I'm never going to lose weight. Ahhhhh. So:

B: 2 cups of coffee with a splash of cream. 3 eggs scrambled with spinach. Steamed broccoli. 1/2 avocado. A smudge of goats cheese.

L: duck breast with salad and crumbled fetter. Olive oil dressing. 2 glasses of pino. A small wedge of cheese.

D: Thai food: no rice. Stir fried veggies in chili sauce. Fish green curry. Veggie red curry. 1/2 glass of wine.

Ok over to fit day for the calc: 1741 calories, 91 g fat, 76g protein, 86 g carbs. is this even good? Hmmmmm.

Walked for over 1.5 hours today to hell and gone! was too cold for my VFFs so I wore my newtons but my heels were sore by the end of the day...And now full from dinner. But no snacking today which is good for me. Decided to go off nuts completely bc too many calories. Drinking tea on the couch as I type this. No sugar.

So I got invited to a ball at my work. And I need to look absolutely f-ing fabulous! Laughing. Isn't that always the case? cliche, I know, but there it is. Time to get serious here!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast