Thread: I Have Sinned page

chazglen is offline Junior Member

Primal Fuel

If I was Catholic, I would say, "Bless me Father for I have sinned." If I was an alcoholic, I would say, "Hi. My name is Charlie and I am an alcoholic." Well, alcohol is not my problem... carbohydrates are.

So, since confession really is good for the soul, let me say, "Hi, my name is Charlie and I'm a carboholic."

Today was my grandson's 2nd birthday, so we went over to my son and daughter-in-law's. It started out great. She had a big plate of broccoli, carrots, celery and black olives... but my eyes drifted over to the counter where there are 4 large pizza boxes. I can see heat wrinkles coming off of them and the smell goes down into someplace very deep in my brain and gets stuck there.

The rest is kind of a blur. The last thing I remember is shoving the plate of raw vegetables away from me as if it were a tray of sticks and dry leaves. I had 3 pieces of EXTREMELY doughychewybready pizza with meat and cheese and peppers and olives and sauce ...and then came out the devil's food cake with buttercream icing.

There. I said it. I feel kind of like a tick right now and it's been 3 hours since I ate. There is a tight and aching lump in the center of my stomach right under my heart.

I know eventually it will go away, tomorrow will be brand new and I will pick up where I left off.

I just needed to come clean.

Thank you.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

Generally that's how I learned not to eat certain foods. The yummy stuff comes out, I indulge, I feel sick. Next time said yummy food comes out, the temptation passes.

Needless to say, I nolonger have any longing for choclate cake, ice cream sundaes, or peanut butter cookies. :P

hannahc is offline Senior Member

hahaha...tick...that's gross. Isn't it weird how fast it can happen? How you just shove the carbs into your face regardless of how they taste? I hope you feel better tomorrow

You are what you eat,
    and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

chazglen is offline Junior Member

DIANA : You are more disciplined than I. I tend to forget the "tick" factor and the temptation doesn't pass.

HANNA : Thank you, I know I will. It DOES happen fast. I rationalize (fancy word for lie to myself) and eat quickly before my good angel can open his mouth to speak.

Part of my "rationale" comes from Tim Ferris http://www.fourhourworkweek.com/blog/2007/04/06/how-to-lose-20-lbs-of-fat-in-30-days-without-doing-any-exercise/

His regimen is similar to Mark's but with added twists. He does what he calls "slow carbs" and has one day a week (or is it two weeks? I'll have to check) when he eats ANYTHING he wants. Seriously gluts like a madman... Snickers... Ben&Jerry's... Twinkies...

His theory is the sudden deluge of carbs and calories is like pouring gas on a fire and the metabolic burn fires up your system to burn more efficiently in the lean days.

Even though he didn't have the junk we have available to us, wouldn't Grok have gorge days? I'm SURE he had lean ones.

nina_70 Guest

Well..it's good of you to come clean with it... Tomorrow is indeed a new day...

PrimalK is offline Junior Member

Excellent post, chazglen! I hope you now feel cleansed, in more ways than one!!

grandma is offline Member

your grandson is only 2 once. Life goes on.

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.