Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: First day in, killer headache, but thats day one down! page 6

shifty1 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Archer View Post
    What I have noticed to give myself more energy is increase my coconut oil consumption. I also have noticed that the grass fed liver and kidneys I eat make me excited for a few hours, where as carbs only kept me excited for a few minutes...

I believe that the healthier we decide to eat the healthier our bodies work. The more fat you place in there the more energy you give yourself. Carbohydrates are not healthy, sugar breaks down and causes you to crash. Fat breaks down but doesn't cause a crashing effect. Choose your weapon wisely which will it be.
    Thanks Archer... (How is Porthos?)

I have some coconut oil on hand, how do you suggest eating it? Raw, or as part of something? At this time, I cant we myself getting hold of grass fed liver and kidneys simply cause its not available, but I understand the concept. Replace carbs with fats. I got to tell you, it is a tough one after all the years of being told to cut away fat on meat... One day at a time. LOL I feel guilty leaving the skin on my chicken! LOL

All taken on board. Thanks...

-Shifty

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    "Nameless" is usually what I'm called online, esp. in voice chats for World of Warcraft =P I wish I had advise for you, you're off to a really great start and it's very encouraging to read your positive posts.
    Hey, your advice is great, and wanted! You have open slather... Say whatever you feel

Enjoy WOW...

-Shifty

Day Twenty Five :

Still hot here, and even though I had a night full of tossing and turning, managed to get to class before the teacher again! Was great to be up and about. I find that in the mornings I don't feel hungry at all, so I guess I have been eating more at night than I should. I'm going to try eating breakfast again, and see if I can swap that trend back...

First meal was lunch, which was chicken pieces baked in a nutty sauce, so I ate till I was full! It was going to be a heavy meat day, so I grabbed a plate of salad to finish off the meal, two protein balls as something sweet, and then headed off to afternoon classes.

Apart from a handful of nuts, I headed to a friends house to celebrate the birthday of his son, which was a fully catered BBQ. Getting there was a hassle, and I was traveling on the bus with a few friends, when one went out and grabbed iced coffees for us all. I first declined, then thought differently for two reasons. One, I felt it was rude not to accept it, and two, it was a hot day, I had no water, and we had just been walking around trying to find the correct bus for the last 40 minutes.

I wont lie. It tasted great, and I sucked that thing down as fast as I could! First sweet drink that I have had since I started living Primally. Did I let myself down? I dot think so. Would I do it again? No, but it was a special occurrence. If he had asked me before, I would have declined. Maybe its something I need to work on?

At my friends BBQ, Grilled Chicken Stake started the meal, with home made green salad. I also grabbed a few hotdogs, and passed on everything else except for small piece of watermelon, and a hang full of cherries! (I could not help it. I used to hate fruit, now its like the most amazing thing! I can totally understand why Grok ate as much as he could when he found it!)

Headed back, and once back into town chose to walk back to where I live, another hour on my clock. Also nice to burn some of that suger in the system before bed.

Todays count on Fitday : 145 grams of carbs. Still high! That party really threw me off, but I cant see another one happening in a long time! I wonder what it would have been if I ate the ice cream sandwiches! Darn Iced coffee! Tomorrow is another day!

Please, if you spot something I could be doing better, please, please, PLEASE let me know! I am asking, and with around 500+ views, I know someone is lookking at these posts, so anything you can share will be eagerly appreciated! As mentioned before, I would love any advice, words, anything that would make this go as quickly and honestly as possible.

Day Twenty Five done! Day Twenty Six is coming up and I need to get some sleep! (1 am here, and I could not go to bed without reporting in!)

Love you all... you just didn't know it!

-Shifty!

Day Twenty Six:

Same old same old. This is totally starting to sound like a routine. lol

Up and out of bed and straight into class. Grabbed some cottage cheese for breakfast, so I could have something to eat Love it when I keep my promises to myself!
    Calls till lunch, which was a piece of chicken for me, and a plate of salad. In between classes I grabbed a handful of roasted nuts to keep me going.
    Dinner was a few cold hotdogs, and a primal omelette. Been a while since I made one. Tasted great.

One of the things I realise is how much I have been missing sweets. I have been walking around looking for something sweet to eat, and just failing horribly! What do you do about sweet cravings? I guess its my body telling me to eat more, but I just don't want to blow what I have going here.

I plan to get my exercise done in the evening due to sleeping in till class starts, but by the time I am in a position to exercise, I feel dead tired and very unmotivated. Again, any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Todays count on Fitday : 43.5 grams of carbs. That what I have been aiming for, and did it hurt like hell. In fact last night my room mate ran out at 2am to find cake, and I threw him my last muesli bars to shut him down. At least he enjoyed them and not me! Tomorrow is another day!

Please, if you spot something I could be doing better, please, please, PLEASE let me know! I am asking, and with around 500+ views, I know someone is lookking at these posts, so anything you can share will be eagerly appreciated! As mentioned before, I would love any advice, words, anything that would make this go as quickly and honestly as possible.

Day Twenty Six done! Day Twenty Seven is coming up and I need to get some sleep! (1 am here, and I could not go to bed without reporting in!)

-Shifty!

Captain Archer is offline Senior Member
    Coconut oil.
    You can mix it with nuts and use a food processor.
    You can mix it with raw eggs.
    You can mix it with coconut milk.
    You can eat it raw if you want something sweet.
    You can add it with unsweet cocoa powder or unsweet coconut shreds and make a delicious drink.
    You can add it with just about anything, for me it's all about piling food on a plate and going to town lol.

I am sure you can find it through Mark's posts that saturated fat is a great fuel. Coconut oil is a great source of saturated fat.

Captain Archer is offline Senior Member
    What do you do about sweet cravings?

I take coconut oil and mix with unsweet cocoa powder. Great way to kill a sweet tooth.

Oh another thing you can do with it is mix with your salad instead of eating salad dressing.

Hey Archer....

I have been making Protein Balls which is just nuts, dates, coconut, and coconut oil, and have been using them as my go to sweet tooth food.
    Amazing how good they are, but have to limit it down to 2 a day otherwise the carbs are a little high!

Have some coconut milk, but have been worried about how much one can drink a day, ect. Still waiting on my fridge so I cant keep it once its open. Believe me, I could down a can easily, but not if its going to throw me back. Right now I am hoping to see some results

I'll look for unsweet cocoa powder.. no idea where to get it but I will definitely look. What do you mix in with unsweet coconut shreds to make a delicious drink? Water, juice?

Thanks for the tips....

-Shifty

Day Twenty Eight :

Got a few more hours of sleep in, before being awoken by the heat! Its like a sauna in my room at night, and its really sapping my energy!
    Jumped out of bed, and rushed to make an appointment. The normal friday walk in the heat, another two hours of exercise in total!

While doing my normal tasks, I was able to get ahold of some more coconut oil, and some unsweetened coca powder! A total win for me! Slowly I'm building up my pantry with things I can eat that are Primal!

Lunch was two fried eggs cooked in coconut oil. Simple, but filling!

Dinner was the usual friday night affair. Skipped out the bread and cake, but had my fill of chicken soup, and chicken, with a little wine to celebrate the sabbath! Thought I would be hungry, but all in all, had a great night, and felt great!

Day Twenty Nine :

Missed breakfast, and jumped out of bed to grab some luck which was beef brisket and some salad. Stayed with that only, and passed up everything else. In the afternoon, I grabbed some cottage cheese to hold me off, and two handfuls of almonds!

It was so hot here, I stayed indoors, and just tried fighting off the heat. The day was hot and long, so dinner was simply a few mouthfuls of tuna and egg salad. If I do feel hungry later, a salad will be my first choice!

I think I need to go and get something special to try and celebrate hitting thirty days! RIght now I am feeling hungry again, not for food, so much for a change? Anyone ever get that feeling?

Fridays count on Fitday : 46.4 grams of carbs. I like that!
    Todays count on Fitday : 49.7 grams of carbs. I like that even better!

That what I have been aiming for, and did it hurt like hell. My body is definitely crying out for something, and Im not to sure what it is. I think its a sugar craving but Im not to sure. Can I still be going through carb flu? Now that I have cut down to 50grams of carbs I definitely feel like eating, even when Im full! Any ideas? I have added a heap of fat into my diet, so energy is not the issue...

Day Twenty Nine done! Day Thirty is coming up, I never thought I would be saying that! This rocks!

-Shifty!

Day Thirty :

Wow... who would have thought it! I never meant for this thread to act like a diary, but once I started, I found that it kept me honest! For me the last few months have not been the best, and it had nothing to do with being Primal, just those curve balls that life throws at you from time to time. Every time I looked at things in a bad way, I would reflect at my effort at staying Primal, the goals I set for myself, and writing what happens here at MDA!

So first off, all of you who have read these post. Thanks! I mean it too. I could have done it by myself, but what fun would that be? Being Primal is also being part of something, a pack, and its been really nice to see how many people have been looking at whats been written

Needless to say, those who have taken the time out to comment are saints, you have no idea how much it meant to me to get a note, suggestion, or even a thumbs up now and again! Totally turned my day around!

Just a few quick points I wanted to share with you at this 30 day mark :

- Have I lost weight? Sure. My belt seems to be getting smaller, and thats a great thing. I have yet to weigh myself, but I do measure my gut from time to time. Last time I checked I lost 10 cm around my waist. When I eat that number goes down, but still, its movement in the right direction. STarting measurement 113cm - last time 103cm. Like to get it down to 90cm if possible.

- I love water. I used to drink very little when I started being primal, simply cause I would feel fat when I drank. Now that I have had little carbs, and my swelling has gone down, I drink all day, and still don't feel swollen! That is a great feeling, cause in the heat of the day, I drink like there is no tomorrow!

- I realise now that I do not have any real idea how much fat I will drop, whats normal, whats not? I guess I started this just thinking that I would one day wake up and look like Mark. Need to address that!

- I still crave sweets, fruit and carbs. I have not yet broken being Primal, but there are times where I come close.

- I need to start getting more exercise in my day. I really want to start with Marks 5 essential movements, but cant find the motivation. Another thing I need to address. I am stumped by this one, cause I love to exercise, and for some reason, I feel blocked to do it now!

On to todays (30, aint it grand!) report! :

To finish off last nights report, I went for a two hour walk around the city after I wrote in my last report. Got home at 2am, very tired, but feeling good. I started the journey wanting to find something sweet to eat, but bought a bottle of water and just kept drinking. By the end of it I was ok, but I did grab some olives to much on before bed!

Woke up early, not so rested, cause the heat in this place is really getting to me. I was told that this is the beginning of the hottest month of the year, and I think I am going to melt! A lot of waking up at night in wet sheets, drinking water, and tossing and turning. But I still got up and beat my teacher to class! Another comment from him! No breakfast though!

Lunch was Meatloaf, or really hamburger made up as meatloaf. I asked if any filler was added, like bread, and the chef looked at me heartbroken like he had forgotten something. So I assumed it was safe to eat, and had my fill. That was lunch, with a little bit of salad. I had a handful of almonds and two Protein Balls as dessert. Limiting myself to two a day keeps me within my target and means that I can make enough for the whole week.

No snacks otherwise, and dinner was more meatloaf. I found out that for the next nine days, we are not going to eat any meat (religious practise), so I spent a good part of the evening chopping up vegetables. I have a feeling there will be a lot of omelettes in the next nine days.

Found some coconut milk, but am not sure how much is too much, but would like to use it in the morning as breakfast! Has anyone found any really good ways to down this stuff? Its all in cans, and I think I have to drink the can cause I still don't have my fridge! Bahhh....

Todays count on Fitday : 33.4 grams of carbs. I like that even better! Woo hoo!

Day Thirty done! Day Thirty One is coming up! This rocks!

I'm going to keep writing! Hope you all keep reading

-Shifty!

HannahJohn is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Thanks for sharing such a valuable information that shows us a good way to maintain ourselves and our health.

Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast