Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: First day in, killer headache, but thats day one down! page 5

shifty1 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Day Nineteen :

Slept well for a change. Had a late night, but I did sleep solidly! Got up around 10am again, to run to class, skipping breakfast. Didn't feel like eating, so I listened to my body.

Class, the hit lunch. Lunch for me was a piece of chicken, cause I knew that I would be having a late lunch with some friends form Australia, and that for me was a salad with a little greek feta thrown in, and an orange juice. First time I have had juice since I started this! It was a nice change but back to water for me. Someone once said for me not to drink my sugar, and it was sound advice!

Walked around with my friends in the heat, so thats another hour - to - hour and a half of moderate exercise. Tomorrow is my big walking day, so I should cover it fine. Looking for a chin up bar, and then I need to get some more movement down! Fridge is still on its way... so thought it would be here by now!

Dinner was a few slices of watermelon, and after writing this, I am thinking about going and making up a salad. I think there are a few hard boiled eggs on offer, so I may have one or two... Should fill me up

Finished my Protein Balls, so I will go out and get some more ingredients tomorrow. Heading out over the sabbath gain, so I will write up my exploits Saturday night, when I get back. This will be a test, cause I didn't warn them I am Primal, but I feel I have a good handle on it now, and I should be able to deal with it. I'll still be taking my nuts, just in case!

Thats it for todays report! If you spot something I could be doing better, please let me know! Im asking, so anything you can share will be eagerly appreciated! As mentioned before, would love any advice, words, anything that would make this go as quickly and honestly as possible. If I know I can share, I know I cant cheat!

Day Nineteen done! Day Twenty is around the corner! Kinda like my own thirty day challenge, but for life!!

Love you all... you just didn't know it!

-Shifty!

Day Twenty :

First friday in a while where I didnt have to run out the door early to make a work appointment! Slept in, and missed breakfast, before calling home, and catching up with the folks (I count that as part of the "having fun" rule).

Lunchtime rolled around and I grabbed my usual salad, and a leftover piece of chicken, broke it all up, and that was lunch. I knew I would be travelling out to a friends place, so I ate big, not sure about what I could have while on the road. I did grab my tub of nuts just in case.

Spent the arvo on and off buses before getting to my destination. One of the great things about being active was that I didn't feel hungry at all, my mind was elsewhere. I didn't tell my friends that I was keeping Primal, this was the big test to see if I could walk off the street and eat without missing out. I felt that after the last three weeks, I could totally do it. And I did!

Dinner was the usual Friday night affair. I missed all the bread, which is an issue cause there is so much of it available, (My friends had two full egg loafs on their table, and I wont say I didn't wish to have some!) but I stayed away. Bread is a way of celebrating the sabbat for me, but I found out tht I can do the same with wine. Good excuse to have a glass

Dinner was some assorted dips, chicken soup and vegetables, and some chicken with some cooked veggies. Ever since I started eating the skin, I find that I feel full really quickly, and even though I ate little compared to everyone else, I was totally satisfied. It was a long dinner, starting at 8pm and finishing just before midnight! Heaps of cakes and fruit and I did have one scoop of sorbet to treat myself. I do miss my sweets...

After diner it was bed time, and I got stuck with to much sugar in the system to drop off straight away. Took me a few hours, something that has happened to me for years. Like I overcharge the system when I need to wind down. Shame I didn't have someone to work that off with

Day Twenty One :

Woke up early, and headed down to take care of some spiritual stuff Finished and there was some food laid out, mostly carbs and grains but I did spy some pickled herring, which I have not tried since I was a kid and realised that it has a horrible taste. Still, fish is better than pretzels, which were grabbed by all the kids anyway, so I knew someone was looking out for me! I wish I could still eat all that and not put on an ounce! To be young I guess!

A few grapes and some herring and I was on my way! Heading back to my friends house they had lunch ready, which for me was another two pieces of chicken and some fresh salad. For me that was more than enough, and I headed for a walk to the park and some time alone. Got back for dinner, which was two hard boiled eggs, some cheese, one hard yellow, and the other fetta, and some salad and dips. Amazing what a few things can do to change up your meal plan. I was offered to take some food with me, but I had nowhere to put it when I got back to my room. Darn fridge, arrive already!

So I jumped on a bus, and got back into town at 12am, and had an option to jump another bus to get closer home or walk it. I op-ed to walk, and get some more exercise in. another hour racked up, and thankfully it was nice and cool. When I got to my room, it was still stinking hot, with the window closed. You have no idea what thats like with four guys in one small room.

That was my weekend report! If you spot something I could be doing better, please let me know! Im asking, so anything you can share will be eagerly appreciated! As mentioned before, would love any advice, words, anything that would make this go as quickly and honestly as possible. If I know I can share, I know I cant cheat!

Day Twenty and Day Twenty One done! Day Twenty two is around the corner! Who knew I would be writing and still being Primal!!

-Shifty!

Day Twenty Two :

Crunch time for me!

I have been sticking with what I have believed to be what the Primal Blueprint is all about, cutting out all grains, and eating a high fat diet. I freely admit that I have not been sticking to the exercise part of the program, finding myself a little under the radar when it comes to exercise! I have been walking more than whats been prescribed, but no lifting heavy things or sprinting! So the last four days I have been listing down everything that I have been eating, and I opened up a fitday account!

And my heart sunk!

First off, let me just say that if these are the numbers I have been getting while on the Primal Fitness program, I am scared to see what the numbers would say if I put in what I normally eat! It would have to be well over the 500 grams of carbs a day!

I'm not going to bore you with all the details, all I can say that alot of foods thought were low carb are exactly not! In fact, today I ate 5 dates cause I could not find anything else at hand, thinking "They are fruit, they cant be a problem" and when put the them into fitday, I blew my carbs off the roof!

Dates:

Cals : 332 Fat (g) : 0.2 Carbs (g): 90.0 Prot (g): 2.2

Never in a million years did I think that this is what was going on. I have been satisfying my sweet tooth my eating watermelon, cantaloup, and other fruits, now only to discover that I have been dumping carbs into my diet like crazy! No wonder I have not made the progress that I have been hoping for!

To say this has got me down, would be an understatement! Right now I have resolved to keep a log of everything I eat, and then put it into fitday and find out what I should be eating. I would like to aim for 50 grams of carbs a day, and get into Ketosis. I thought I was already achieving being close, I guess I just didn't know better. I am realising that right now I am wanting to see results, and reinforce that I have been doing the right thing.

I also guess I will be going through carb flu again, when I cut down to even less carbs. Not looking forward to that al all, but one does what they have to. I refuse to walk away from this without the results I am working towards!

On to my daily report :

Woke up late again simply cause of the heat and lack of sleep I think I finally fell asleep at 4pm. I have been thinking about taking some Melatonine to help get my sleep cycle back. I know its not Primal, but more sleep would definitely help with my mood swings. Anyone have any opinions?

Skipped Breakfast, and headed for a nap instead of eating. Woke up hungry, and grabbed my 5 dates, some nuts and some cranberries! Wish I has some Protein Balls, I have to find some time to go get some nuts and make some more up!

After eating, I hit the kitchen at around 2.30pm, and grabed a plate of salad and an egg. Then it was off to class, and work till dinner, which was a mixture of chicken wings, and veal goulash! That filled me up, headed back to the office, and them put it all into Fitday!

Alright, enough of the letdown, now to iron out the kinks. If you spot something I could be doing better, please, please, PLEASE let me know! I am asking, and with around 500+ views, I know someone is lookking at these posts, so anything you can share will be eagerly appreciated! As mentioned before, I would love any advice, words, anything that would make this go as quickly and honestly as possible.

Day Twenty Two done! Day Twenty Three is around the corner, adjustments and all!

-Shifty!

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Sleep: my method for fixing a sleep schedule is not to eat within 3 hours of bedtime, get some exercise in during the day (even if it's just 1hr of walking), and get out of bed if you can't sleep. Maybe try taking a walk outside (somewhere safe!) for 20 min or so and then see if that helps settle you. Nap, but only for ~20 min if you really need it, otherwise it will keep your sleep schedule messed up.

You will have some days of really poor sleep before you get it back under control, but it's important to try to keep to a normal sleep schedule regardless.

Don't feel bad about the carbs, it looks like you were in a good range, just not for quick weightloss. I'm getting about that much too (using FitDay to track) and am just working on feeling better before I work on cutting off more fat/working out more. I've stopped moving very much at all recently and it's starting to show!

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Don't feel bad about the carbs, it looks like you were in a good range, just not for quick weightloss. I'm getting about that much too (using FitDay to track) and am just working on feeling better before I work on cutting off more fat/working out more. I've stopped moving very much at all recently and it's starting to show!
    Wow, I thought it was only me! I have noticed that in these three weeks, I have had a tendency not to have the same spring in my step! Maybe it was all the sugar running through my system, but I had a lot more energy. Hmm.. Anyone got any ideas on this? I guess I wont beat myself up about wanting to sit still, work on the computer, or rest instead of running around in the heat!

Thanks for the sleep tips... I'll put them to good use! Appreciate the post Nameless (sorry, I refuse to put the wonder after! )

-Shifty

Day Twenty Three :

Really rough night, and woke up 30 minutes late to class! Jumped out of bed, dress and ran down to catch the rest of class. Missed breakfast again, but felt I didn't need it.

Class then lunch, which by that time, I was starving! First time I felt hungry in a long time. Lunch for the masses was hotdog, I know not very Primal, but I grabbed a few, or &! At that point I said enough and headed to grab a salad. I know its processed, but its meat, and if that the worst I have done in a while, so be it! MArk says once in a while, so I ate away. Another thing I will miss... guilty pleasure!

Was pulled away from class this afternoon, so I ran around clearing up some problems, was walking around for 2 hours, so thats added to my "Move slowly" total for the week. Also had the chance to grab some more nuts to make some more Protein Balls. Definitely helps my sweet tooth. I plan to make some more up tomorrow.

On the way back, I grabbed some Cream of Mushroom soup from a Vegan shop on the way home. I didn't realise it was full of potatoes, so I ate the soup and dumped to potatoes. I love soup, so it was another real treat, simply cause the hot dogs were not sitting right. (Im going to play for them tomorrow!). That an a tub of Cottage Cheese was dinner.

Put it all into Fitday, and came out to 48.6 grams of carbs for the day! Yeah, now thats what Im talking about!!!! Need to get an Iphone or something so I can check food on the fly, I was scared I went overboard with the hotdogs, but I hit the 50 grams limit for Ketosis. Just got to keep it up now!

Please, if you spot something I could be doing better, please, please, PLEASE let me know! I am asking, and with around 500+ views, I know someone is lookking at these posts, so anything you can share will be eagerly appreciated! As mentioned before, I would love any advice, words, anything that would make this go as quickly and honestly as possible.

Day Twenty Three done! Day Twenty Four is around just a few hours away! Yeah!

-Shifty!

Roary is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, fruit is tough -- so delicious and truly healthy. Just not good for shedding the lbs. It sounds like sometimes your choices are very limited and i think fruit is better than a lot of other foods you could be eating. Don't forget to look back at how far you have come in 3 weeks! Proud o' you!

Day Twenty Four :

Did my best to get some early shut eye, but was finally in bed and resting by 1am I did take a tab of Melatonin and found that it did help me rest up a bit.

Got up early, and in fact beat my teacher to class, which was a surprise for him and I both. Missed breakfast, but grabbed a Protein Ball for breakfast, my vitamins, and some water.

Found myself hingrey again today, and for lunch was Chicken schnitzel, and I was hungry, so I ripped off the bead coasting and had one. The rest of lunch was more green salad, with tomatoes and red peppers. So I guess its not really green.

More class (see a trend here) and around 3pm, I grabbed a tub of cottage cheese and two more protein balls. I ended up making them late last night, and realise that these have become my go to food! I also put them into Fitday and realise that I cant have more than two a day if I want to keep under 50 grams of carbs! Another pleasure out the window for now!

Diner was another salad, and a small piece of chicken. Not to exciting... I need to find some time to make up another omelette!

Excited about tomorrow night, cause Im invited to a BBQ, which means there will be meat and salad all round! Nice to break it up a little!

Todays count on Fitday : 90 grams of carbs. Still high, but that was due to the Protein balls Tomorrow is another day!

Please, if you spot something I could be doing better, please, please, PLEASE let me know! I am asking, and with around 500+ views, I know someone is lookking at these posts, so anything you can share will be eagerly appreciated! As mentioned before, I would love any advice, words, anything that would make this go as quickly and honestly as possible.

Day Twenty Four done! Day Twenty Five is just about here! Yeah!

-Shifty!

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shifty1 View Post
    Wow, I thought it was only me! I have noticed that in these three weeks, I have had a tendency not to have the same spring in my step! Maybe it was all the sugar running through my system, but I had a lot more energy. Hmm.. Anyone got any ideas on this? I guess I wont beat myself up about wanting to sit still, work on the computer, or rest instead of running around in the heat!

Thanks for the sleep tips... I'll put them to good use! Appreciate the post Nameless (sorry, I refuse to put the wonder after! )

-Shifty
    "Nameless" is usually what I'm called online, esp. in voice chats for World of Warcraft =P I wish I had advise for you, you're off to a really great start and it's very encouraging to read your positive posts.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Captain Archer is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    What I have noticed to give myself more energy is increase my coconut oil consumption. I also have noticed that the grass fed liver and kidneys I eat make me excited for a few hours, where as carbs only kept me excited for a few minutes...

I believe that the healthier we decide to eat the healthier our bodies work. The more fat you place in there the more energy you give yourself. Carbohydrates are not healthy, sugar breaks down and causes you to crash. Fat breaks down but doesn't cause a crashing effect. Choose your weapon wisely which will it be.

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast