Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast

Thread: First day in, killer headache, but thats day one down! page 27

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by shifty1 View Post
    I looked at the link, and was confused about what was written there. Is it not considered Primal, or is it bad for you? Alot of conflicting things about Flaxseed oil... Can you help clear some of the haze?
    Hmm... Well, it's a vegetable oil, which are generally not a good idea. It's a poly-unsaturated fatty acid, like canola oil or artificial oils (usually marketed as "heart healthy", which we know is not true). It oxidizes easily so it's not very safe to cook with. Some people (vegans, usually) use it to supplement Omega-3, but it does not convert easily to EPA/DHA (the beneficial components of omega-3 fats), so it's also kind of useless. Better to use good quality olive oil, butter, or coconut oil.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

shifty1 is offline Senior Member
    Day 4 : Thursday 15 November 2012

Today I felt like I was eating far to much, and it was only when I put it into fit day, did I see that I ate very little compared to what I have been doing. Its an interesting lesson, how my mind played a trick and made me feel guilty, when in fact I was right on target. Something to think about...

Missed breakfast again, and had a very late brunch at 11am. It was more of the chicken stir fry. I threw in alot of lemon juice when I was making it, and wow, did it taste great! Added to that was some veggies, and I found myself struggling to finish it all. Its am amazing thing when less than a week ago, I could eat a whole cake if I wanted to, and now I could not finish one large portion. I love Primal eating!

Dinner was 3 frankfurters and a handful of stir fry, with a avocado, and a small mango cause I was craving something sweet! I thought I needed more, but by the end of the night, I was very satisfied.

Fitday numbers today:
    Cals : 1902, Fats : 123.3, Carbs : 84.6, Protein : 126.4

Still wondering where my protein levels should be. I don't want to loose muscle like last time...

And ideas, comments, or suggestions are always welcome!

I love you all, you use never knew it...

-Shifty!
    Shifty's primal journey 2.0 -The daily online account of Shifty's journey in a un-primal world!

Starting weight - 2.11.13 - 96 kg
    Starting measurement - waist - 116cm
    Numbers change every 50 days

Day 5 : Friday 16 November 2012

Big day, had alot on,and ate a lot more than I expected.

Had a stressful day at work, but kept primal, although I ate a lot.

Dinner was at a friends house, and it was a huge meal. I guess this was my re-feed day, cause one I put it all into fit day, I came out with numbers a lot higher than expected!

Fitday numbers for friday:
    Cals : 4633, Fats : 365.7, Carbs : 166.5, Protein : 192.6

Huge food day. I'm guessing I'm just getting back into the swing of it all, right?

-Shifty
    Shifty's primal journey 2.0 -The daily online account of Shifty's journey in a un-primal world!

Day 6 : Saturday 17 November 2012

Sabbath day for me, and I was staying with friends, which meant I had to be smart and primal.

Fasted till lunch, where I had 6 pieces of vegetable sushi. Not the best, but the alternative was cake and cookies. I also had three strawberries, and that held me off time the main meal, which happened to be 2 hours away....

Lunch was a mixture of salads and cholent, which is a stew of meat beans and potatoes. Unfortunately, this was the only option, and I had my portion. I found myself hungry, so I had a few potatoes that when with the stew.

Dinner was also a little bit of a disappointment for me, as I had a piece of bread. It was the only think on offer, especially since I was away from home. It was only AFTER i swallowed the bread that I realised what I had done, and it was a really crappy feeling. When I got home, I had some small meatballs to tied me over with an avocado.

Everyone falls, time to step back into the game.

The good news is that I had to walk everywhere yesterday. Alot of walking, a few hours, so while I gained the exercise, I should have taken some back up food with me.

Numbers for today.
    Cals : 1530, Fats : 48.4, Carbs : 208.7, Protein : 70

High Carbs, but everything else has settled. One day wont kill me right?

Still wondering where my protein levels should be. I don't want to loose muscle like last time...

- Shifty

Day 7 : Sunday 18 November 2012

One full week of being on the primal wagon...

... and I woke up not being able to stand! The bursa in my heal has become swollen overnight, and when I stood, it created so much tension on my hamstring that I could not put my foot down. I had a huge active day planned, but I called it all off, and spent the day in bed, taking my meds, and feeling totally frustrated.

This used to happen to me, but this is the first time in years its been this bad over a few hours. I must me upset about something, cause thats when it all plays up. My theory bout it all is what I call "rubberband" theory. I emotionally stretch like a rubber band, and when I stop, its like someone lets go of one end. The other flies back and knocks me down. My ankle is the area of least resistance. Go figure.

Morning I had two poached eggs and an avocado to go with my first amount of meds.
    Lunch was a meat pie, cause it was the only thing I could find.
    Dinner was vegetables and salmon cooked up. It was nice. On these days food is one of the few joys.

Threw out the day I had a cup of cashew nuts.

Numbers for this painful day:
    Cals : 2249, Fats : 161.7, Carbs : 99, Protein : 121.3

Trying my best to stay off the painkillers, and it will be tea for me till tomorrow. I feel like a chemical soup...

- Shifty

Day 8 : Monday 19 November 2012

Alright, so I woke up at 4am in pain emanating from my ankle. It seems that it "locked up" overnight and was throbbing. This is not a new thin in the middle of these attacks, so I did what I needed to do, and then went back to sleep.

Knew I was not going to be able to stand, so I took the day off and spent the morning in bed.

Around 11am, I had breakfast that consisted of two poached eggs and an avocado, along with my meds.
    Lunch was a meat pie (I seem to be having a hard time moving away from this Aussie tucker)
    Dinner was some chicken baked, and veggies. real simple cause I was not active at all today.

Hoping that things are finally settling down, and I will be able to head off to work tommorow. Then I can get to moving again.

Wonder what Grok would have done in my case? Eaten his foot!?

Numbers for this start of the week:
    Cals : 1329, Fats : 75.3, Carbs : 74.9, Protein : 90

- Shifty

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Alright ol chap! Remember the "Bike Incident" in Israel? Your ASS fell down, and was bruised, battered, but you were not beaten!!! Well it';s time we see that ol Shifty again. I know he's in there, and he's dying to get out, but someone needs to shake him loose!!!!

Remember, not a DIET, a LIFESTYLE change:-) You can do this, and Soccergrok is gonna be here to kick your ASS into gear. You're on the right track, now keep going:-) Use ice for what ails you, and wean off the pain meds. Eat healthy foods to help heal your body. Make some bone broth, make some of my Super Protein muffins(if you need the recipe again, let me know), eat meat, eat veg, EFF the Friggin meat pie and all its crappy crust!!!!!! Eat what's inside the damn thing if ya have to, but toss the crust!!! You can do this Shifty, you know you can...

Glad to have you back, and this now gives me a reason to come on here more. I'm here to help, just give a shout.

SG
    Free your mind, and your Grok will follow!

Quote Originally Posted by SoccerGrok View Post
    Alright ol chap! Remember the "Bike Incident" in Israel? Your ASS fell down, and was bruised, battered, but you were not beaten!!! Well it's time we see that ol Shifty again. I know he's in there, and he's dying to get out, but someone needs to shake him loose!!!!
    Nice to see you too SG... Wow, someone really did real all those posts!
    And your 100% correct. Back to get on track!

Quote Originally Posted by SoccerGrok View Post
    Glad to have you back, and this now gives me a reason to come on here more. I'm here to help, just give a shout.
    Feel the same way. Good to see you!

-Shifty

Day 9 : Tuesday 20 November 2012

Limped my butt to work, and then had to cut it short, simply cause I was in too much pain.

Breakfast was two poached eggs.
    Lunch was some left over chicken I had made for dinner and some veggies I had cut up.
    Dinner was some chicken sausages.

Didn't do to much, just went to bed. It was a painful day!

These numbers have to be wrong, but its all I can remember eating!
    Cals : 994, Fats : 56.3, Carbs : 4.3, Protein : 111.0

Onto the next day...

- Shifty

Day 10 : Wednesday 21 November 2012

Woke up and found my ankle had settled down alot. I could stand without being in constant pain, which is an amazing thing to do when you cant. Don't ever take it for granted!

As I had the day off, I made myself a big breakfast, consisting of a primal omelet with 3 eggs, one full onion and some mushrooms, cooked with coconut oil. Man did that hit the spot!

Skipped lunch, but had a little cheese to treat myself.

Dinner was some veal sausages that were home made. These things were great. Hit the spot. I also had some mixed veggies to go with it and I was golden.

I did go out to visit some friends, and there was some watermelon on offer. I treated myself to a slice. Hit the spot.

Cals : 1,363, Fats : 77.9, Carbs : 71.6, Protein : 99.9

Early night for me tonight, and then if my ankle is good, back on the active wagon

Any ideas, comments, or suggestions are always welcome!

- Shifty

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast