Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast

Thread: First day in, killer headache, but thats day one down! page 26

shifty1 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks guys....
    Its an amazing time... Looks like I will becoming a native Canadian in time...

WHen it was snowing here, I went for my first "SnowRoll" on a frozen lake... can't get anymore primal than that!

Anyway....

Hitting it hard, Working my way back down to kinotosis, but right now I have to survive the next two weeks, then back to Australia. There I will have some more time to train and adjust my food intake. I know I have lost a lot of weight, but when I see myself, I can only see the weight I gained. Mostly in my face. Im critical, but I looked at a picture of myself at my sisters wedding, and I lost a lot of the puppy fat in my cheeks. Now to do it again...

Food has consisted of mainly meat and vegetables... More vegis than meat...
    I did find myself eating nonstop yesterday. I just could not feel full. When I finally realised what was going on, I realised I was nervous about a few things, and was hitting food as an "enjoyment" trigger. Once I knew what was going on, I curbed it. Need to keep that in mind...

Biking around town is a good way to keep active. Now I just need to adjust!

Love you all, you use never knew it...

-Shifty!
    Shifty's primal journey 2.0 -The daily online account of Shifty's journey in a un-primal world!

Starting weight - 2.11.13 - 96 kg
    Starting measurement - waist - 116cm
    Numbers change every 50 days

Update :

Yesterday went really well... Morning I ate two eggs cooked in coconut oil, and then I got an emergency call, and had to fill in for someone who didn't turn up to work. Meant I was on my feet all day, so more exercise built into my day!

Lunch was some chicken and black eye peas and cost vegetables. I did eat a few fries, I think like a handful throughout he afternoon, simply cause they were available. Dinner for me was a small bowl of chilli.

I have been curving my tendency to eat, so its been good. Ling night, but I got a solid seven hours.

Today I have been holding off eating anything, cause I know friday night dinners are big. I'll miss breakfast, and have something small to hold me off around lunch....

More to come Sat night...

Love you all, you just never knew it...

-Shifty
    Shifty's primal journey 2.0 -The daily online account of Shifty's journey in a un-primal world!

Hey Guys....

Shifty here. Been a long time.
    Sometimes you fall off the wagon, and some times it takes you some time to get back on again!

Quick update, let you know where I am.

Engagement failed a week before the wedding, and then I dragged myself back to Australia after moving to Canada. Was a hard ordeal, cause I was there with family and friends. No closure, no explanation, just done.

I fell into a hole, and I ate to try and fill myself and elevate my pain. At my worst, I actually stood by the refrigerator and ate whatever I could get my hands on, for an hour. I cleaned it out. It was extreme, but it didn't last long.

I'm working threw my stuff, its been two months now, and last Sunday I flicked threw "The Primal Blueprint" again, and walked away from grains and sugars. Carb flu hit me that afternoon, night and most of Monday. By lunchtime, I was felling better, and already I feel more energy, and less hungry.

My best results on being primal was when I logged my results here, and told you guys what I was up to. While I have some weight on me, I am not as bad as I could be, but still, it eats into my self esteem. Right now, thats a large part of how I feel.

So, with that, Let the report begin.

(Take Three)
    Day 1 : Monday 12 November 2012

Woke Up to a huge carb flu headache. I forgot how bad it feels to come off complex carbs. I got to be honest, all I wanted to do was grab some bread or a sugary snack. By 11am, I was threw the worst of it, and then came Lunch!

Lunch : 3 egg omelette with red onions and mushrooms, as well as an avocado with Flax Oil.
    Dinner : A meat Pie (and I did eat the crust! Slow steps!)
    Snack was cashew nuts, I ate sparingly. I also made myself a pot of ginger tea, which I drank later in the night, help offset hunger pains.

Fitday numbers for this fits day
    Cals : 1,669, Fats : 123.3, Carbs : 102.5, Protein : 57.7

Not bad, a good solid start.

Thanks for reading. I hope my old primal friends are about and say hello.

And ideas, comments, or suggestions are always welcome!

I honestly love you all, you use never knew it...

-Shifty!
    Last edited by shifty1; 11-13-2012 at 05:27 AM.

Day 2 : Tuesday 13 November 2012

Had a rough nights sleep, woke up at 2am, and didn't fall asleep again till around 5am. Woke up and was out of bed by 6.45 am. Skipped breakfast, and headed off to work...

Was feeling great, not hungry and went with it. Around lunch time, I had a piece of baked sweet potato, and a mix of walnuts and cashews. I finished it off with a small avocado!

I didn't feel hungry at all, so I so I went without this afternoon, and made myself a 2 egg omelette with red onions and mushrooms. That was dinner, and I finished it off with a pot of ginger tea.

Fitday numbers for this second day:
    Cals : 2028, Fats : 166.7, Carbs : 106.8, Protein : 58.3

Feel great, looking forward to tomorrow!

I honestly love you all, you use never knew it...

-Shifty!

Mr. Anthony is offline Senior Member
    Glad you're working your way back, but increase that protein intake!

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    I agree on the protein count! If you have access to other fats, I would also suggest not using flax oil. Healthy Oils | Mark's Daily Apple

Glad to see you again, sorry things fell through for you earlier in the year
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    Glad you're working your way back, but increase that protein intake!
    Thanks Mr. Anthony... Protein intake is noted!
    Its been a while, what should I be aiming for?

-Shifty

Quote Originally Posted by A78jmber View Post
    but increase that protein intake!
    Got it... Thanks

-Shifty

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I agree on the protein count! If you have access to other fats, I would also suggest not using flax oil. Healthy Oils | Mark's Daily Apple
    I looked at the link, and was confused about what was written there. Is it not considered Primal, or is it bad for you? Alot of conflicting things about Flaxseed oil... Can you help clear some of the haze?

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Glad to see you again, sorry things fell through for you earlier in the year
    Thanks for the kind words. I wont lie, it was a huge hit, one I didn't see coming. But I cant change the past, time to focus on the future. Glad your still about Nameless

-Shifty

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Day 3 : Wednesday 14 November 2012

Wow, just day three and I already feel like I am back into the primal pattern!

This morning I was running a little late for a meeting, so I made it a partial fast day. Didn't need anything to eat till around 12pm. No hunger cravings till then. I like how I feel without the sugar and carbs!

My 12pm snack was the only Primal (and Kosher) thing I could find, 200 grams of Smoked Salmon! not a bad way to start the day! I wish I could be this posh by choice, but primal is a good excuse.

I got home around 1.30pm, and grabbed a bowl of Pumpkin soup I had prepared earlier, and to my surprise, my mother had bought some fish balls for me. I had 4, and then explained to her that right now, I am strictly primal.

I decided that tomorrow I wanted something substantial, so I made a chicken stir fry and then packed it up. My dinner was a piece of chicken and the left over chicken.

I snaked threw the day on some almonds.

Fitday numbers for my third day (concentrating on my protein intake):
    Cals : 1293, Fats : 58.9, Carbs : 66.9, Protein : 127.4

Under 100 for my carbs! Woo hop!

I love you all, you use never knew it...

-Shifty!

Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast