Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: First day in, killer headache, but thats day one down! page 25

boomer453 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    been away overseas for a while and finally had a chance to check in, glad to see your still keeping at it.

shifty1 is offline Senior Member
    Hi Gemstar....

Thank you for your reply. I recently left Israel after two years living and learning in the old city, where I began this thread. As I was studying there, I had some limited options, and you can read all about my adventures here!

Quote Originally Posted by gemstar View Post
    All of this is such a process....our foods..etc. Funny, for me Passover is THE low carb holiday.
    Totally agree that its all a process. I think I started this thinking I would be trim and sharp after 6 months, and while I have lost a heap of body fat, I also am stuck fluctuating with the last 10 kgs. Takes a lot of steam out of me, and I must admit, I do eat for comfort. But every bit helps, and in the log run, I plan to get where I want to be

We are in a totally different world, because I'm a grannie who is into cooking and baking, and I've been experimenting with alternatives for many many years. I call Passover LOW CARB, because most of the traditional cakes prepared are made from nut flours! So I made energy balls from tehini, date syrup, almond meal, and some pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds. I also added some chocolate chips. I also made balls from coconut, almond butter, honey and almond meal.

Even tho we can't keep this diet based on pastured natural animal products, it's still a million times healthier than the SAD or the SID.
    One of my biggest issues is variety. I would love it if I could get a copy of some of your recipes if possible. Given the issue of keeping kosher, on top of primal, it means that sometimes I have an issue with keeping things fresh with different tastes. I burned myself out on a number of foods (Cottage Cheese I just can't look at let alone eat anymore, but I was eating it with salad like 3 times a day!) and am always looking at new ideas and flavours. For me, preparation is the key, having food to go to when I am hungry, otherwise I get tripped up...

Do you add coconut oil to your menu? It's great stuff. If you do, buy only the oil that is imported by a company called Jammoka. The other CO's are partially hydrogenated oils. You can tell the best CO by the slight aroma of coconut, the other oils do not have this aroma. CO is very healthy and helps with adding the extra fat we need to stay satiated.
    Yes, yes, YES! My total answer to a lot of things while in Israel! I am in Canada now, and the coconut oil here is affecting my stomach, but Jammoka was amazing. I have a bottle on its way to Australia and should be there when I get back home. I was eating it and adding it to everything... Wow, do I miss it now that you mention it...

Any ideas or thought you might have Gemstar, I would love to hear and share with you. I need to get some ingredients and cook up a storm. Prepare for success...

Shalom...

-Shifty
    Shifty's primal journey 2.0 -The daily online account of Shifty's journey in a un-primal world!

Starting weight - 2.11.13 - 96 kg
    Starting measurement - waist - 116cm
    Numbers change every 50 days

Quote Originally Posted by boomer453 View Post
    been away overseas for a while and finally had a chance to check in, glad to see your still keeping at it.
    Thanks Boomer... I need to get back onto Primal hardcore, but it still moving...
    Hows everything at your end?

-Shifty
    Shifty's primal journey 2.0 -The daily online account of Shifty's journey in a un-primal world!

New update :

Still going strong, although I have had a few slip ups. Got stuck at a friends house where dinner was soup and bread, so I had one piece and as much soup as there was. I went to bed hungry, but I got to work it off peddling around the streets the next day.

Heading back to Australia really soon, where I hope to take things to the next level. Keep things going smoothly in the right direction. I now see that the real challenge is not starting living primally, but keeping it there over a long period of time. I like my carbs and sugars, and need to just take myself off them, and keep on track...

Moving to eating a lot more salads, but noticed that a lot of them are full of dressings that are just full of sugars... Need to find something I can make and bring with me so I can keep off that junk...

Reading the Primal Blueprint again. Need a refresher. Where were the days when I read this in a day and started... <sigh>

Love you all, you just never knew it...

-Shifty

boomer453 is offline Junior Member
    not bad-spent 6 weeks in nigeria and still managed to stay as primal as possible. down to 184 now and within 10# of my original goal weight.
    Just remember that doing the best you can in the situation your in is STILL going to get you results.

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Good to hear you're doing well Shifty. As for salad dressings: I make mine as a Olive oil/Balsamic vinegar base. Then I add spices such as cumin, oregano, garlic powder and basil. My latest batch has cinnamon and it is fantastic. I make it in wine bottle sizes and use it throughout the week. Very tasty, and no CRAP included! Good luck, and keep up the good work. I'm always around if you need tips:-)

Cheers,
    Soccergrok

Thanks guys...

Been hitting the primal track, but ended up making some hard decisions last night. See, I was at my engagement party, and just had to have a piece of cake to celebrate!

If I ever needed motivation, I certainly have it now! Three months and counting down, and I am going to push everything as hard as I can so that when I walk down the aisle, Im looking good and feeling great... for me!

Just wanted to share the good news with you all. Amazing time here, but Super primal begins now!

Love you all, you just never knew it...

-Shifty

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations on your engagement!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Felicidades!

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Congratulations!

Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast