Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: First day in, killer headache, but thats day one down! page 24

shifty1 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    @ SoccerGrok - YOu know me. Even when I think I'm out, they keep pulling me back in!

Thank goodness... Time to loose what I put on and push things further!

-Shifty
    Shifty's primal journey 2.0 -The daily online account of Shifty's journey in a un-primal world!

Starting weight - 2.11.13 - 96 kg
    Starting measurement - waist - 116cm
    Numbers change every 50 days

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Yeap, fairly new hair Growing out hair takes so long and I was getting pretty tired of it.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

ALright, update time :

Been run off my feet which is a great thing. Keeping as primal as I cn, which is even better. Just spent the last week and a bit on my feet for 9 hours at a time, which is even better... So things are moving in a positive groove.

Only down side, I discovered Cliff Builders bars, and am kinda addicted to them! I have been eating one a day, which isn't very primal, but I got lured into the whole "Protein" bar thing. I don't know, they taste great,a nd when I am in a rush, they are a whole meal.

I have been helping out at a restaurant here, and when making salads, they pour cups of sugar into all their dressings... makes me sick just thinking about it...

More later, for to run...

Love you all, you just didn't know about it!

-Shifty!
    Shifty's primal journey 2.0 -The daily online account of Shifty's journey in a un-primal world!

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Welcome back ol sport. Be very careful with them bars. I know they're good, but try and limit what you eat. I spent the better part of my Chronic Cardio life eating those things, and I can tell you, if you're trying to lose weight, it will be difficult. It may not say "SUGAR" in the ingredients, but it is there. Not trying to nag, just hook a brutha up.

On the plus side, if you're moving and active as much as you say, then they shouldn't be too bad. You might want to look into "Lara Bars, or "Kind". Hope all else is well. Keep up the fight.

Cheers,
    SG

Alright, update time....

Been doing really well. Eating primal again, moved off the Cliff bars, and removed a lot of grains. Having a granola bar maybe one in three day, but definitely in the right direction

Yesterday I went for a nice run with a friend, and started building up stamina again. Between the running, cycling and standing, I am getting more active every day. Loving being this mobile again! Loved school, but sitting on my ass was killing me!

Only issue is... Im getting horrible Tendonitis and Bursitis in my feet and shoulders. Knocked me out for a few days. MY shoulders feel like they have golf balls in them. I had this issue years ago, but was golden for the last three years. Have no idea whats triggered it! <Sigh>

Love any ideas you guys may have on what may reduce it. I hate waking up everyday and wondering if I can trust my body... Very frustrating.

Love you all, you just didn't know about it!

-Shifty
    Last edited by shifty1; 03-27-2012 at 10:07 PM.

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Shifty my man, glad to see you're back on the right track. As for the bursitis, you may not like this idea, but maybe try ice baths after you work out. Are you getting rest days in? Lifting? etc...Hope all else is well. Let me know how the baths work.

Cheers,
    SoccerGrok

Roary is offline Senior Member
    I'm such a stalker! Glad you're active, sorry about the shoulders -- i get the "golf balls" too. Try laying on the floor with a tennis ball under the bumps. It hurts like hell but if you can relax and breathe through it, it helps.

Wow... That was a long pause... Mainly cause I could not remember my password, and the rest function didn't work. Last night at 3am I woke up to remember what it was, so... Here I am again!

Lots to fill you guys into. Let me start!

The last 10 days have been the Jewish holiday of Passover. As an observant Jew, part of the celebration is eating "Matzah", unleavened bread, during a meal celebrating the miracles and exodus of the Hebrew people from slavery in Egypt. This year, I wanted to hold by all the laws governing the holiday, and eating curtain amounts of Matzah during the ten days was a part f it. One piece is worth two pieces of bread, so you can imagine, by then end of the holiday, I was nearly functioning! The last two days I ended up in bed napping during the day just to get threw it.

I'm not complaining. I am not a victim, and it was my choice to celebrate Passover the way I did. The experience also reminded me about the effects going off primal living has for me. Sluggish, sleepy, and struggling, as well as bloated and agitated all come to mind. Before the end of the holiday, I again could not wait to get primal again!

So the moment the holiday was over, I was back to living primally. EVeryone I was with were gorging themselves on Pizza to celebrate the end of the holiday (where once can not eat any leaven bread), and I was happy to pass it up. Not that I ate Pizza before, but it was nice to get strange looks as I passed up the Pizza and looked of salad.

The holiday definitely left its mark, and while I loose weight quickly, I put it on even quicker! I have a very nice layer of fat across my belly, and the bloating has made me look pregnant! I know its not bad, but to my eyes, its a nightmare!

I have been riding a bike around town, so I have been getting a lot of exercise! The last few days I felt like I was going threw the carb flu, but I think it was a mix of both the food poisoning, and carb flu... Had aches and fever for the two days, eating very little (mainly soups and a little salad and chicken) which also helped with cleansing the system.

I need to go threw "The Primal Blueprint" again and take notes. I realise I need to keep the info revised. Over time I let some things slip, so its time to get back to class.

As for the Tendonitis and Bursitis, I hate to say it, but I ended up back on meds to get it under control. After hitting the primal path, I'll go back off them and see how it goes. First flair up in three years, not to bad. Its just a terrifying thing not to be able to trust your body.

OK, thats it. Will be putting up updates as I can. Internet is a trick here, but I really want to count my calories again. I found the really helpful.

Thanks for all the comments. The journey continues!

Love you all.. you have no idea, cause you just never knew it before...

-Skyler101

Another update :

Getting over this bug. I have been told I have gone from looking green, to turning pink again! Small victory.

On the food side of things, I am still on track. Yesterday I had a little sushi for lunch, and nothing else. Kind of a big difference for me, but one I welcome.

This morning my breakfast was two slices of roast beef, and a glass of water. Not to much, but then again, thats as close to a leptin reset as I can get to right now. Still peddling around town on my bike, so thats work going along with it

Need to find a scale. i know I cant keep this route up for long, but its a nice start..

Love you all,you just didn't know it...

-Shifty

gemstar is offline Junior Member
    hi Shifty,

All of this is such a process....our foods..etc. Funny, for me Passover is THE low carb holiday. We are in a totally different world, because I'm a grannie who is into cooking and baking, and I've been experimenting with alternatives for many many years. I call Passover LOW CARB, because most of the traditional cakes prepared are made from nut flours! So I made energy balls from tehini, date syrup, almond meal, and some pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds. I also added some chocolate chips. I also made balls from coconut, almond butter, honey and almond meal.

I actually find keeping low carb to primal quite easy here in Israel. My favorite restaurants are the ones that serve meat and salad, like a good schwarma place, where you can ask for your meat on a dish and not in a big pita.

Even tho we can't keep this diet based on pastured natural animal products, it's still a million times healthier than the SAD or the SID.

Do you add coconut oil to your menu? It's great stuff. If you do, buy only the oil that is imported by a company called Jammoka. The other CO's are partially hydrogenated oils. You can tell the best CO by the slight aroma of coconut, the other oils do not have this aroma. CO is very healthy and helps with adding the extra fat we need to stay satiated.

Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast