Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: First day in, killer headache, but thats day one down! page 23

shifty1 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Day Thirty (Take Two) :

Still doing my best to keep primal. Did well over the weekend, but I'm still getting thick around the middle. I have been thinking about this, and jumped online to do some research. I think one of the reasons I am gaining weight right now is a combination of stress and sugar. Im totally stressed out about leaving and heading home, and to be honest, I should have left a lot earlier than now. The more I stay, the longer the process is. And I have been escaping into food to try and medicate myself.

Im under 7 days before I head off. I really cant wait. I think that outlook and happiness is key to getting primal, and I can feel the cortisol in my system. It might sound stupid, but I have such an edge to me right now, its like I'm on fire, for nor reason at all. Even thought I have seven days, I plan to pack my bags over the next few days to try and address some of the stress.

I cant wait to hit a pool, run, and just generally work out. That coupled with getting to a new environment should be a great boost to getting back to where I was. I hate to say it, but if I could, I'd just cut away the layer of fat that bulges back around my waist. To me its a sign of how far i let things slip. Another day, and another chance to turn things around.

Love you all, you just didn't know it...

-Shifty
    Shifty's primal journey 2.0 -The daily online account of Shifty's journey in a un-primal world!

Starting weight - 2.11.13 - 96 kg
    Starting measurement - waist - 116cm
    Numbers change every 50 days

Roary is offline Senior Member
    OK -- we 've been patient. What's up?

Quote Originally Posted by Roary View Post
    OK -- we 've been patient. What's up?
    I have been avoiding writing, so thank you Roary... When I checked this thread, and your post, I realised I could not put things off any longer.

In Canada, and that has helped immensely. Bother physically and emotionally. Being around friends has lifted my mood, and I have been addressing my food intake. Last weekend, I fell off the wagon hard, and to be honest, I had probably the worst food coma experience I have had in a long time. I ate so much sugar and carbs, that it took me till Tuesday to get out of the lethergy and light headedness. And in a way, it also put me back on track.

Today, I woke up to a clearer head, and realised that there is no way I can do this anymore. I headed back into my Primal routine, breakfast being some fruit and a hard boiled egg, lunch being some beef roast and a protein shake. Many times I caught myself going for cake or something sweet, but so far, I have been very conscious of it.

After I write this entry, Im heading down to the guy to jog for a while. Slow to begin with, and just build on every day. I also noticed my belly hanging over my belt, but I have a feeling a lot of that has to do with being bloated. I think this is the first time I have had bad gas in a year.

Scared to get on the scales, but will do so when I find some. Finding myself in a eating grazing pattern, which is no good.
    So thats my day today. Will update you tomorrow. Need to be accountable. I realise I love sugar, and its really causing me to slip big time.

-Shifty
    Shifty's primal journey 2.0 -The daily online account of Shifty's journey in a un-primal world!

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Best of luck Shifty! I'm doing a sugar-free thing right now because of a candida overgrowth in my gut. It's hard, but I feel a lot better after the first couple of weeks. Keeping my protein and fat intake high has helped the most, since I have to stay fairly low carb.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Ferti is offline Senior Member
    I did the leptin reset a few months back and it has really helped me with cravings.

I would love to get onto the Leptin reset method... A lot of people have spoken about it. Do you have a link?

TOdays update : This afternoon, I felt myself slip into the carb flu... Headache,cravings, all of it. I am waiting it out, but as I write, I have a killer headache. Todays food has been onion soup, and some sushi. While the rice was not the best choice, it was better than pizza, which was my only other choice today.

GOt some pushups and crunches to do, but right now I need to rest.

See you all tomorrow.

-Shifty

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Good work Lad, get back on that horse. Or in your case, Bike;-) Cheers Buddy, and welcome back. We're all with you!

Coach SG

Ferti is offline Senior Member
    MY LEPTIN PRESCRIPTION - Jack Kruse

There is also a monster thread on here
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread32345.html

It worked really well for me with training me not to snack, when to eat (and not to eat) and eliminating my cravings.

Todays update :

Been checking what I am eating, and exercising. More sit ups, push ups, and squats. Im enjoying the excersize.
    Getting back to speed with the primal eating. Weekend coming up, which means I need to be careful. I did eat some rice last night, which sent my head spinning but it was not as bad as before. Still have the symptoms of the carb flu, but not as bad as the last few days. Woke up the last few mornings with a protein shake (the stuff I got with me tastes like chemicals, need to get something a little better) and that has helped. Will look at the Leptin reset, sounds like I could use it.

Looks like I may be staying on in Canada longer than I planned. Will keep you all up to date.

Time for my squash game! Yeah!

-Shifty

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    @ Nameless - Like the short hair... new style for a new you?

-Shifty

Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast