Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: First day in, killer headache, but thats day one down! page 22

shifty1 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Day Twelve (Take Two):

Total day of shame.

So, this morning I did my best to start the day right, and breakfast was a protein shake, to get my system up and running. My sleep pattern is wacked out again, and the last time I found a protein shake helped get me moving in the morning.

Lunch was again something I could not eat, lots of garlic bread and crumbed chicken. Hating this new chef...

I didn't get to eat anything, but grabbed a few small pastries simply cause I was more than hungry. I need to get some nuts or something to fall back on. I have not been able to go shopping, but I got to change that quick!

Found some mushroom soup, and after five glasses, I started feeling some sort of relief.

Had to go out to a conference, and on the way there, I couldn't find anything to eat but a falafel stand, so I grabbed a falafel. Pita and all.

So today is totally a day of shame. Large part of being successful at being Primal is setting yourself up with foods that are available. I didnt get a chance to do that since I got back.

Thats my day. Tomorrow is a new chance to get back to where I was

Love you all, you just didnt know it....

-Shifty
    Shifty's primal journey 2.0 -The daily online account of Shifty's journey in a un-primal world!

Starting weight - 2.11.13 - 96 kg
    Starting measurement - waist - 116cm
    Numbers change every 50 days

boomer453 is offline Junior Member
    im in a similar situation, im working on a ship and like you dont have access to a kitchen for myself. im fortunate in that there usually a home made soup and a decent salad bar at each meal. when there isnt a decent protein to eat i go for canned tuna.

As i see it (and i could be flawed in this line of thinking) primal eating is about reprogramming your body to use fats instead carbs as an energy source. to me it would seem that if you eat too many carbs, too frequently, then then that "conversion" doesnt get a chance to happen and your just on another diet.

if you situation affords it, try stocking up on tinned fish i.e. tuna, mackeral, herring so you at least have options when the school doesnt offer you something acceptable.

Tim

Day Fourteen (Take Two):

Finally got to a wheat free day! Woo Hoo...

Food wise, I just didn't eat much, but I ended up having a chicken grilled salad, and some sou all day. In the morning I had a protein shake, so all in all I'm sure I ate far less that I should have.

Thats my day. Short check in, but I wanted to share...

Love you all, you just didnt know it....

-Shifty

Still, I got there!
    Shifty's primal journey 2.0 -The daily online account of Shifty's journey in a un-primal world!

Day Fifteen (Take Two):

Bahhh... its give and take here. I get out of here in 13 days, so I am wondering if its worth going out and buying food. This means I am at the mersey of what I can come up with and find! Not the best to deal with, but I will do my best!

Today was another fasting day, and dinner was two hamburger patties. I was really hungry by night time, so I headed down to the late night meal thats offered on Thursday nights, and had some eggs. I also grabbed two pancakes that were on offer. Not my greatest choice. Have to see if I can get some cans of tuna or something.

Two more weeks and I get a kitchen. Then o excuses. Till then I'll do my best. What I have also noticed is that without decent meals, Im forever hungry for sugar. In a way, Im learning a heap by living like this right now.

Next stop for me is Canada, before I head back to Australia. Cant wait.

Love yo al, you just didnt know it.

-Shifty

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Hang in there ol pal, you're doing fine. Just remember not to stress about it. Ya fall down, ya git back up. Just like your bike adventure last year:-) Cheers, and May the Grok be with ya!

Day Eighteen (Take Two) :

Been a few rough days. Just getting everything together.

Food wise, I did kinda good today. Lunch was chicken wings, and salad, and dinner was a baked potatoes and some hot dogs (which tasted just like plastic!) But no wheat, so thats another step in the right direction.

Once I get to Canada, the training begins again...

Love you all, you just didn't know it....

-Shifty

Roary is offline Senior Member
    Hi Shifty! Just checking in -- sounds like big changes coming up soon. Best of luck! I think you'll find this whole lifestyle easier once you have your own kitchen.

Thanks Roary...

I totally agree. Eating out of cans, and having to scavenge for food has really taken its toll... So looking forward to cooking my own stuff!

-Shifty

Day Twenty (Take Two) :

You win some you loose some.

Two days ago, I had a great day, till I found out that it was someones birthday and got dragged to dinner with a group of my friends. As primal as I could be, I ended up having some fried foods, simply cause it was the best choice on the menu. Not the worst, but definitely not the best.

Yesterday, I nailed a primal day again. Lots of meat, which satisfied my hunger, but not really a balanced meal. Need to continue trying to find that balance over here. I have another two weeks left here, and then I get access to a kitchen, and am I waiting for that. Im sick of eating prepared food that has the nutrition of cardboard. In fact, this Sabbath, Im eating in, and out of cans just so I can have some more stability on what I eat.

I cant wait to get out of here, and get back into a normal routine. Its been great, but I realise how done I am.

Love you all, you just didn't know it!

-Shifty

Day Twenty Seven :

Still having on and off days being primal. Its not by choice at this time, more what I can get to eat, and what I have access to.
    The kitchen at school is on lockdown, so thats totally out of the picture. Makes things very frustrating. I also packed up and sent home all my kitchen stuff (food processor, ect) so right now I am at the mercy of my hunger and what I can afford.

Once I get to Canada I will be staying with a friend who has a kitchen and wants to start training with me, so that will not be a problem. Cant wait!

I have also started exercising during the week. Got myself a copy of FitFu for my Iphone, and have been using that to keep track. Using it to build up a routine. And I can take it with me. Once I get out of here, Im sure alot of the stress will disappear, and I can get back on target.

I have a physical for entrance to a training program coming up when I get back to Australia, so the plan is to get back on the Primal wagon, Grok it to the max, and start running and exercising to get my fitness up to what it was. Once that starts, I'll be posting all info again on the thread. I don't want to over do it, but I do need to shed the winter weight I put on...

Love you all, you just didnt know it...

-Shifty

Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast