Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: First day in, killer headache, but thats day one down! page 17

shifty1 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hey SG...

I did check out the 100 pushup challenge. In fact I did it a few years ago. While I didn't get to the end, I definitely improved my pushups. I will check out the thread later this week.

Thanks for the heads up! Its a great idea!

Grok On!

-Shifty
    Shifty's primal journey 2.0 -The daily online account of Shifty's journey in a un-primal world!

Starting weight - 2.11.13 - 96 kg
    Starting measurement - waist - 116cm
    Numbers change every 50 days

Day Ninety Six :

This was a back in the trenches day for me, so I jumped out of bed, and grabbed my vitamins and a protein smoothy and jumped straight into class. I felt full when I had the smoothy, and I think I will keep doing this every morning. Its better than not eating anything in the morning.

Had classes, then headed in for lunch. It was meatballs and spaghetti, with french toast and I had nothing but the meatballs. Then it was back to class.

I did have an appointment, and after went shopping. Found some frozen fruit (strawberries and dates) so I bought a bag each so I can add them to the morning smoothies. Got o try to move away just from nuts all day.

Then it was back to the office, and working on the project. I cant wait till its over. Not enough play in my life right now.

Tomorrow is another fast day for me, this time it is a 25 hour fast, so I wont be reporting tommorow, but I will be back the day after! You guys no ther drill.

Well, I can hardly keep my eyes open, so please spot something I could be doing better, please, please, PLEASE let me know. I am asking, and with around 3220+ views, I know someone is looking at these posts, so anything you can share will be eagerly appreciated! As mentioned before, I would love any advice, words, anything that would make this go as quickly and honestly as possible.

I love your comments! Truly! So shout out and say hello!

Day Ninety Six done! Day Ninety Seven is almost here!! Three days till the big 100!

Love you all... you just didn't know it!

- Shifty
    Shifty's primal journey 2.0 -The daily online account of Shifty's journey in a un-primal world!

Day Ninety Eight :

Wow, my thread got hammered badly! For a second there, I thought I had a heap of responses, but no... Just a spammer. A shame you cant clean these threads up yourself, cause I now have pages of garbage on this thread! Maybe Mark or his web-admins will take pity on me!

Well, yesterday was hard, and today was even harder. For me, I spent it on a 25 hour fast which started after having three bowls of chicken broth (I was trying to keep everything light) and two pieces of chicken! Almost immediately I found I had an amazing headache. Im not one to go for some Paracetamol straight away but this headache was one of those that you knew were going to grow. And it did..

I was up early, and the whole day was sitting and praying with many others. It was an interesting time, cause I know I didn't really suffer like the others who I was sure were having a hard time not eating every few hours. I love being Primal for the simple reason that my blood sugar doesn't go crazy up and down. Even my thirst was alright, and I sailed threw. If I could have eaten, I would have, but I didn't feel that I had too.

I broke the fast with a protein shake, made of frozen strawberries, protein powder and almond milk, and then had some salami I bought especially for the occasion. I knew it was full of fat, which is what I wanted. To be able to eat something small, and then feel full.

And now Im back in the office, after having done some more work, filling out this log, and then off to bed!

Please, if you spot something I could be doing better, please, please, PLEASE let me know. I am asking, and with around 3220+ views, I know someone is looking at these posts, so anything you can share will be eagerly appreciated! As mentioned before, I would love any advice, words, anything that would make this go as quickly and honestly as possible.

Day Ninety Eight done! Day Ninety Nine is almost here!! One days till the big 100! Who would have ever thought!

- Shifty

Day Ninety Nine :

Had a very late night working on the project, and work up a little later than normal. Work up, and had a protein shake with strawberries. I like this way of waking up. Much better than running on empty till lunchtime.

Right now I have a break from classes, so I ended up meeting up with friends in the market, did some shopping, and then headed over to their place for lunch, which was onion soup, and salad. Amazing what a difference some real food will make! It was great to get out and about.

I also stopped into another school and checked things out. I am looking at my options, seeing where my next move will be. Its a interesting school, alot smaller than the one I'm at, and I amy also cut down on my work.

Walked a good two hours from my friends and back. It as a good way to get some exercise, as well as sprinting 200 meters to catch a train. All Gronking out...

Dinner for me was some salami, salad and later in the night some cottage cheese. Not to bad a day for me. I did have some dried mango during the day as a snack. I never liked fruit, especially dried fruit before but now I love it. Amazing what happens when you stick with it.

Another late night, but about to hit the sack. Officially Im already on day 100, but I want there to be sleep involved in the difference of a day!

Please, if you spot something I could be doing better, please, please, PLEASE let me know. I am asking, and with around 3220+ views, I know someone is looking at these posts, so anything you can share will be eagerly appreciated! As mentioned before, I would love any advice, words, anything that would make this go as quickly and honestly as possible.

Day Ninety Nine done! Day One Hundred is here!!

- Shifty

Roary is offline Senior Member
    100 days! Nice job!

GrokinUK is offline Junior Member
    I had a headache after the first few days as well.. i swear its your body getting used to not having all its toxins we would normally put in it. good luck! Sounds like you are off to a great start! I just started last week

Day One Hundred: (I have to be honest, I never thought I would be typing those letters together!)

Before I start with the rundown of my day, I want to share some of the things I have learnt this last hundred days.
    After reading Mark's book, I was really inspired to try living Primally. And if you have followed this log at all, you would know about some of the difficulties I have had, just being Primal in a practical way. This log has been the anchor with the success of getting to the number above. Knowing I had to be accountable to myself, and share that with the members here at MDA has been a really new experience for me. If iI would have been accountable just to me, I would have fudged and cheated. In fact, even when I did fall, I always had to have the same talk to myself, if I was going to share it on the log. I'm proud to say that I always have, and that where I am today, is in large part to anyone who ever read, commented, or smiled at what was written here.

In the past, I have always gone the hard path, alone. I have not been successful. While I am still far from my goal, sharing it has made me a better person, someone who can set goals and get across the line. Thank you. It is very nice to know that while we live in a broken world, some of the basics still work, even if you have never met anyone in the flesh.

Big shout outs to :

Soccer Grok : Who's replies to my posts ALWAYS made my day. I know that if I was in a fight for the Heavyweight championship of the world, I would want you in my corner! Thanks pal, and thank "The Revolution" too.

dkd2001 : Who wrote me a very long message early on concerned about my diet, and the fear that I might be starving myself. You made me aware of what I needed to put into my diet, and I am very thankful for that. I also started using fitday to tally all my results on a daily basis. Thank you.

namelesswonder : For your comments and feedback so early in the game. I hope things are still going strong for you as well. (Come by and say hello!)

Ferti : For her muffin recipe and feedback. I now know why your son likes this breakfast. I hope to make more soon.

And again, to anyone who took a look at this log, thank you. Its nice to see the numbers change, knowing that what I was writing was being seen. Keeps me honest! Funny that... A Shifty1 being honest! haha!

On to my day!

Today I woke up, had my strawberry protein shake and then ran out of the old city to make an appointment. Its great when I have to get someplace, cause of the exercise I have to put in. Up and down hills, and catching a tram made for a good 40 minute walk in the heat. I am definitely finding that I have some stamina walking. I normally have my backpack with me, and go shopping for nuts and fruit on the way, so I have some resistance work built in.

After my meeting, I headed over to a friends place to help him put up a cubby house. It was hot outside, so I got to lift heavy things in the heat and get some weight work in. After three hours, we went inside and did a little learning, and just relaxed, until I headed back home, which was another hour of walking and standing on a train!

I missed lunch, and to be honest, felt great! I headed over to the kitchen to see if I could help out, and found an assortment of cheeses left out for me. What a way to celebrate the day. I love cheese, and her in Israel, there seems to be only one kind, processed yellow. On the platter was an assortment of real cheeses, and I enjoyed all of them! It was way to good to pass up.

After dinner, I stopped into my bosses house, and was given a banana, date, and milk smoothy to try, as well as some sweet potato and butternut soup. It was more than I could imagine. So I had both, and was literally stuffed. I don't think I could eat anything more, and I didn't plan to really do anything special for this achievement! So I am writing this feeling very satisfied, a little sore, and ready to go to bed.

I didn't get a chance to weight myself today, but I will do that first chance I get! Im a little nervous about what the scales may say, but whatever they do say, I'll adjust.

And I'll keep writing if you will keep looking!

Day ONE HUNDRED done! YOO HOO! Day One Hundred and one is here!! The rest of my life is right behind!!!

- Shifty

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    You know it Shifty...I'm with ya, and so are the revolution:-) You've overcome many obstacles in your first 100 days, and will overcome more in the days to come. I'm happy to say that "I'm Hugely Proud" of the results you've made for yourself, and glad to have added an inspiration or two. It's not every day that someone can go to another country, and adapt/adjust to two different lifestyles(Middle East/Primal), but you have. You're an inspiration to Grokkers everywhere:-) Keep up the good work, and may the Grok be with you;-)

Cheers,
    Grok Vader aka SoccerGrok

p.s. you CAN see with the blast shield down...HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Hey thanks for the shout out! I still read your journal every time you update I'll admit that I've worried too about you not eating enough and living off of cottage cheese, but I understand the difficulties completely, having recently been a student (graduated from university last year) and without a lot of $$ myself.

Keep grokkin' on!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

PrimalCon New York
    Day One Hundred and One :

So its one day over the line,a nd Im feeling good about it all. Its definitely easy to create a new routine for yourself, and I have seemed to do that.

Last night after writing my last entry, I found out that an "old flame" of mine was coming into town, and realised that I have alot of unresolved issues with her. That really played on my mind all night, and I got very little sleep. This seems to be a routine too, getting up in the morning and pushing myself, but its one that I seem to be able to do.

So, Im got a question for you all :
    If you had the chance to touch base with an old flame, would you do it?
    You can answer a one world (yes or no) or give an explanation, Im a little torn, and as much as I would love to Grokk it and club her over the head, I still need to work on that side of things

Back to the report...
    So, I dragged myself out of bed, and got myself a strawberry protein smoothy. THis is my attempt to put some protein into my body within the first 30 minutes of waking up, as instructed my the Liptin Reset diet. If nothing else, it gives me something to build the day on, and I find that it helps control my hunger. The rest of the morning was running around doing chores before getting to my friends house to do some studying. I found that I was not hungry at all, so skipped lunch, and went shopping after. As I usually have a backpack, I try to get a few small things ever time I'm near the supermarket. Today I got some salami and cold cuts. I realised I was hungry around 4pm, so I grabbed some of the coldcuts and a slice of the salami.

As I walked home from the supermarket (approx 45 minutes) I realised I was still hungry, so I grabbed a shuwama plate at this cool little take out on the way home. The great thing is that it comes with grilled vegetables, and salad, so I took the opportunity to filled up, added it to the stuff I ate earlier, and called it done for eating today. I will drink water if I feel hungry, but I have a full stomach, mostly protein and some carbs, so I should be very good

I was able to also hit the scales at the park I cross on my way home (electronic scales outside in the open, who would figure) and jumped on. I was surprised by the reading, but then again, Im not really so surprised. I now weight 92.5 KGs. My head started to race when I started thinking about why I only lost 1 kg 50 days ago, and one of the reasons I can think is that when I started eating only nuts, I have been told that they will slow fat loss. I also wonder if I put on some muscle too.. Im not sure. If anything, Im glad I I didnt go the other way. Just means I need to kick it up a notch. I really wish I had a kitchen of my own...

I am really determined to get the fat around my belly off. I know you cant spot check it, but I want abs darn it. Need to get myself into an exercise routine other than walking. Got to move my butt from sitting to moving... hard!

Here are my numbers :
    Cals :1,075 Fats : 61.9, Carbs : 35.2 Protein : 89.7

Please, if you spot something I could be doing better, please, please, PLEASE let me know. I am asking, and with around 2530+ views, I know someone is looking at these posts, so anything you can share will be eagerly appreciated! As mentioned before, I would love any advice, words, anything that would make this go as quickly and honestly as possible.

Day One Hundred and One done! Day One Hundred and Two is almost here!! I still cant believe it!

- Shifty

Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast