Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: First day in, killer headache, but thats day one down! page 16

shifty1 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Day Eighty Five :

Typical Friday for me here. Up early and headed out the door for my weekly appointment across the city. Today I was running late, and decided to cut threw the old city in Jerusalem. Little did I realise that security would be packing the old city, and I got held up. Must remember the political agenda her. Totally forgot the UN bid this weekend.

Was running a little late, but did get a chance to do some shopping after my meeting. I went all out, buying some cooked Meats and Turkey, as well as a little smoke salmon that was on sale. Its been a long time since I have spoilt myself, so I took the opportunity. Lunch, and the first meal of the day for me was some Pistachio nuts. Being friday, I knew I was going to have a big meal tonight!

Headed back home, read a book I picked up earlier in the day, and also took an hour nap. Needed it, and when I woke up, had a SPM as a snack.

Had to walk over to my friends house for dinner, another full 40 minute walk one way, and then 40 minutes back later that night!

Dinner was chicken soup, and then chick for dinner. I had a piece of potato bake as well, and was full by the time I was finished. Amazing meal. Walked home, went to bed, and went straight into...

Day Eighty Six :

Lazy day, and I must have really been exhausted, cause I didn't get up till after 1pm. In fact, I didn't wake up till after 1pm! Late for lunch, I was lucky enough to snag myself a piece of chicken. Cold, but not to bad at all.

Went back to my room, and rested up, reading half my book, and enjoying just resting. Grabbed a few SPM during the afternoon, as well as a few slices of turkey to round out the afternoon. Not surprising since I really didn't eat that day.

Diner was light, just some cottage cheese, and then heading over to the office to log in this report, and then heading off to get the rest of my stuff back into my room. Cant wait till two months goes by and I get to do it all over again!

Please, if you spot something I could be doing better, please, please, PLEASE let me know. I am asking, and with around 3100+ views, I know someone is looking at these posts, so anything you can share will be eagerly appreciated! As mentioned before, I would love any advice, words, anything that would make this go as quickly and honestly as possible.

I love your comments! Truly! So shout out and say hello!

Day Eighty Six done! Day Eighty Seven is coming up strong!! :P

Love you all... you just didn't know it!

- Shifty
    Shifty's primal journey 2.0 -The daily online account of Shifty's journey in a un-primal world!

Starting weight - 2.11.13 - 96 kg
    Starting measurement - waist - 116cm
    Numbers change every 50 days

Day Eighty Seven :

Very late night, and with it a late start, which seems to be normal for me right now! I need to make another attempt and turning my sleeping hours around. I think that the biggest uphill battle I have with being primal. Finding enough time in the day to sleep!

Breakfast was some water, my vitamins, and a SPM, then I was out the door and into class. I realised that I mist have twisted my right knee or something, cause it is sore when I flex it. Not to sure what I have done, but I definitely feel it when I walked around, and noticed it first thing in the morning!

Lunch was spaghetti and meatballs, so I dumped the spaghetti and grabbed some of the meatballs. Had around 7 small balls before there was none left, and went on my way. Would have liked more, but it was not going to happen.

Hit classes till I had to have a meeting at 3pm, where I snaked on some smoked salmon I had bought last week. It was the end of a long term project, and I was handing it off. It was nice to celebrate it with something special. Would have loved it in a bagel, but them the breaks!

Dinner was the usual cottage cheese and that was my day. Have another project to work on, which I am behind on, so I will leave you with my fitday numbers for today, and a thank you to everyone who has been dropping in and taking a look. With over 100 views per day, I know someone is checking up on me. Say hello!

Here are my numbers :
    Cals :1,457 Fats : 79.9, Carbs : 18.7.9 Protein : 161.4

Please, if you spot something I could be doing better, please, please, PLEASE let me know. I am asking, and with around 3220+ views, I know someone is looking at these posts, so anything you can share will be eagerly appreciated! As mentioned before, I would love any advice, words, anything that would make this go as quickly and honestly as possible.

Day Eighty Seven done! Day Eighty Eight (lucky for some!) is almost here!!

- Shifty
    Shifty's primal journey 2.0 -The daily online account of Shifty's journey in a un-primal world!

Day Eighty Eight :

Work up, and grabbed some beef ribs I had put away from the night before for breakfast.

Today was a kinda crazy day, as when I checked my email I got an email about something that happened four years ago,a nd I was not expecting it at all. Unfortunately the event was emotionally based, so I did my best to deal with it, and move on. I feel that this is the final "goodbye" on the subject, and I am very happy to leave this and move forward.

Class till lunch, and five chicken wings made up my lunch. After lunch I had a few meetings and more classes, before I headed out to do some voluntary work, helping make cards for sick children that will be distributed later this week. Wile I was there, out came the coffee and cake, and I did it again. Helped myself to a piece of cake. This is something I need to really deal with. I am super strict with myself cause I seem to let things slide. I know I can live without it, but lately I have been choosing the wrong things. I ended up working on this project till night, and headed over to the office.

Dinner was more beef ribs, and some salad. Nice to eat some meat, and I found myself eating far less on the protein and fat I ate today. It was very easy to stay for filled for the day

Here are my numbers :
    Cals :2,229Fats : 151.3, Carbs : 58.1 Protein : 155.2

Did better with the carbs that I expected. Only the flour was the letdown. Didn't get a insulin crash, I wonder if my body is getting use to working without it, or more flour and sugar is creeping into my diet!

Please, if you spot something I could be doing better, please, please, PLEASE let me know. I am asking, and with around 3220+ views, I know someone is looking at these posts, so anything you can share will be eagerly appreciated! As mentioned before, I would love any advice, words, anything that would make this go as quickly and honestly as possible.

Day Eighty Eight done! Day Eighty Nine is almost here!!

- Shifty

Day Eighty Nine:

Wow... Just wow. I actually cant believe that I am here at 9pm at night writing this. By all rights, I should have passed out long ago...
    Last night was a horrid night, but not for the usual reasons. I slept maybe 20 minutes the whole night, cause one of my roommates got acute food poisoning (or a really bad stomach flu) and woke us all up every hour by vomiting up the contense in his stomach. Personally, I don't get why he didn't try to make it to the bathroom, but for the whole night I was kept awake by someone being violently ill.

At 5 am I headed out of my room, and went to see if I could find someone to talk o or do some work. I actually did a few solid hours on a project of mine, before heading off to breakfast, which was some tomatoes and yogurt for me (They ran out of cottage cheese!)

Off to class, and it was more than a struggle to stay awake. I find that 10 am is like my deep sleep time, and whether I wake up, or have been up for hours, I always feel sleepy. Today I actually found myself fall to sleep, so half an hour before the class finished, I make a quick exit, and headed up to my room for a quick nap.

Sick dude was still fighting the good fight, so with music blearing from my ipod, I caught a quick 20 minute nap which helped greatly. I missed lunch, so I ate the leftover beef I had stashed in the fridge, some lean cold cuts and a SPM or two... and I was out the door for my afternoon classes.

Dinner was some more beef spare ribs. The next three days is a huge holiday here, and they prepared all the food in advance. Great cause there is alot of vegetables and meats around, and I try stalking my pray in the kitchen. Very Primal. I also filled myself up on pumpkin, which before I went primal, I could not stand!

Here are my numbers :
    Cals :1,090 Fats : 69.2, Carbs : 32.0 Protein : 87.7.2

Did better with the carbs that I expected. Looks like Im way under! As mentioned before, I will be away for the next three days, but I will update the log when I get back. Cant wait to see you all at the other side of it... Have fun...

Day Eighty Eight done! Day Eighty Nine is almost here!!

- Shifty

Day Ninety One :

Happy New Year Everyone!

Its been a crazy three days,two days being a festive holiday of the new year, and then straight into the sabbath. This meant alot of time eating and sitting down listening to religious ceremonies.. Some of the biggest religious days of the year, and I got threw them all... Some times I thought I wasn't!

Food at the school was amazing, and for once was of high calibre! Lots of primal foods available as well, and I got to eat my pic of soups, meats, chickens, and salads. As as I passed on the bread, I ended up drinking at least a bottle and a half of grape juice! The first day my head was spinning cause of the sugar rush, than by the second day my body got used to it! Its a amazing machine our bodies! Amazing! I also found that when I ate alot of sugar, or dumped a lot into my system at once, I got silly... Very silly indeed!

I also had a lot more flour over the last few days, and I really fell of the wagon. But I also kept track of the symptoms I was feeling after eating some of the customary foods that go along with the holiday. I got bloated, passed amazing gas, which I have not done in the last three months, and generally felt low. I also got a number of cramps that made me think I was about to give birth! More than anything, this showed me what flour does to me, and I am looking forward to getting back on the wagon. This weekend was inevitable, and I am sure I feel that its a lot worse than it really was. As I'm bloated, I thought I put on 10 kgs overnight. As the days has gone by, my system has worked it threw, and I have bounced back.

Tomorrow is a fast day, so no food and water for the next 18 hours. Im glad, and I am interested to see how I go. Last time was a breeze cause my blood level was solid as a rock, I want to see how it goes after the next three days! I'll definitely let you know.

Since its the new year, everyone should make a new year resolution, and for me its to start lifting heavy things! I will be planning out an exercise routine, and reporting in how I do. After all this time eating primal, its time to start moving primally too...

What a great break from everything these last few days have been. Wishing you all a fantastic year, and may all your primal goals come threw for you with enough work so that you feel the success you achieve!

Please, if you spot something I could be doing better, please, please, PLEASE let me know. I am asking, and with around 3420+ views, I know someone is looking at these posts, so anything you can share will be eagerly appreciated! As mentioned before, I would love any advice, words, anything that would make this go as quickly and honestly as possible.

Day Ninety One done! Day Ninety Two is almost here!!

- Shifty

Day Ninety Two :

Had a fast day today, no water from 4am till 8pm. I was a little worried about it since the last few days I had a high intake of sugar and flour, but surprisingly I was very good about it all. The only thing that bothered me was a headache due to lack of water that started around 4pm.

I went to classes in the morning, and then did some more study in the afternoon. Cause it was a fast day, all afternoon classes were cancelled, but I wanted to push things, and see how I would go. I can totally see the advantage of fasting, and while I did start to loose my focus in the afternoon, I felt really energised and sharp during the day. Even though I didn't have a great nights sleep, I lost the fatigued feeling that I have been fighting against in the morning. I think intermittent fasting will be going on the list of things to adopt in the next 50 day cycle.

Broke my fast with the school who had pasta and jello. One of the things that was put out on the table was homemade whipped cream, and I was shocked to see guys grabbing soup bowls full of the stuff and eating it! I almost had a heart attack! No way could it be good for them. Fats and sugar, then carbs. I took my cottage cheese, and salad outside and ate alone. In fact, I kinda lost my appetite at the point!

Here are my numbers :
    Cals :601 Fats : 22.6, Carbs : 21.4 Protein : 77.3

Day Ninety Two done! Day Ninety Three is almost here!!

- Shifty

Day Ninety Four :

Missed out my report last night, simply cause I have been racing against a deadline here. By the time I got to the office, I fell asleep on my desk, slept there till the morning, where I got up and headed to class. I actually had a good night sleep... Go figure!

Today, I got to class, and was asked to shoot some pictures and video for the school, so I was on my feet most of the morning! It was a great way to get out of my seat, and get some exercise! By the time I hit the lunch room, I was starving, an since I missed breakfast, I was ready to eat anything!

Lunch was Schnitzel, and the school went crazy for it! In fact by the time I was able to get to the food, it was all gone, cause the guys took three to five times the amounts they usually have. It was not cool, cause people went without, and I just skipped out there, happy to miss out on eating all that oil. On the way out I grabbed a tub of cottage cheese, which I enjoyed

Had my afternoon classes, and then had a nap between 4 and 5pm. It was great taking a powernap, and then I was off to the make some more SPM for the week. Tried changing the recipe a little, added more eggs for protein, and now they taste a little plasticy... No matter... Better than eating crap.

I also started doing some push ups today. I squeezed out ten, and that really hurt! How I have fallen. I used to be able to get 45 done in 30 seconds! LOL Well, I have someone to aim for. I can already tell that I'm going to be sore tomorrow!

Here are my numbers :
    Cals :901 Fats : 12.6, Carbs : 41.4 Protein : 101.3

Day Ninety Four done! Day Ninety Five is almost here!! Five days till the big 100!

- Shifty

Double post!
    Last edited by shifty1; 10-05-2011 at 02:50 PM.

Day Ninety Five :

Slept in this morning, skipping class and getting up around 11am. I did stay in bed and did some research on MDA, so it was not all rest time. I did ask about nutrition and exercise, and I realise that that MDA is a huge resource, and I need to make more time to use it Your all great!

When I got up I had a protein shake made with almond milk. I have been looking at the lipten reset threads, and the idea of waking up and hitting your body with protein sounds like it may help me with my sleeping! Definitely cant hurt right?

Headed off to class, and lunch, which was baked fish. I tried to grab some of the fish on top, as the bottom layer was full of oil. I had two pieces, and then had a tub of cottage cheese about an hour later cause I was still hungry.

Hit classes, then caught up with a friend of mine from Australia. Spent the next five hours walking around town, and up and down the great hills of Jerusalem. Great Grok walking For dinner I had some griller vegetables and meat! Really nice to eat outside of school.

The rest of the night I have been in the office still working my way through a killer project. But never to busy to fill out my journal though!

Here are my numbers :
    Cals : 822 Fats : 24.9, Carbs : 34.2.4 Protein : 108.9

Day Ninety Five done! Day Ninety Six is almost here!! Four days till the big 100!

- Shifty

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Hey Shifty...3+ months in since you've started this Primal Journey. Awesome!!!!! I'm really happy to see things moving along for you. Speaking of which. Isaw that you started doing some pushups. Have you considered trying the 100 pushup challenge? There's a post in the Fitness forum. The stories are great, and it is great motivation for a lot of the newbies:-) Keep working hard, and May the Grok be with you;-)

Cheers,
    SoccerGrok

Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast