Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: First day in, killer headache, but thats day one down! page 15

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hey Shifty...Don't sweat the cake, you'll be just fine. If it makes you feel any better, I had 4 dark chocolate khalua truffles today, and DAMN they were TASTY:-) No harm, No foul...Just another day of Primal tomorrow. We all are sometimes left without options. And besides, we're human. Just file it under 20% and move your ASS along...HAHAHA! As for stocking up on things. Have you tried canned tuna/oysters, maybe even some hard cheeses if they are available. Just a thought. Anyway, good luck with the housing situation and Keep your Grok Held High:-)

Cheers,
    SoccerGrok

shifty1 is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I know... I am way to hard on myself. I have to remember that this is a lifestyle, and now a diet.
    Just going to have to do better tommorow...

-Shifty
    Shifty's primal journey 2.0 -The daily online account of Shifty's journey in a un-primal world!

Starting weight - 2.11.13 - 96 kg
    Starting measurement - waist - 116cm
    Numbers change every 50 days

Day Seventy Six :

More excitement about the move. 12 of us have to move by the start of next week, but the school is not to sure where we are going to go. The dorms are a few beds short! Oh well, it will be an adventure!

It was the same old story this morning, although I did grab half a tub of cottage cheese to try and jumpstart my day. Cottage Cheese is becoming my stable until I get some SPM made up. I have not had time to get any more supplies with packing and trying to get work done. In fact I was supposed to go to a friends birthday party today and had to miss it cause of work... All work and no play is making Shifty grumpy...

Lunch for me was a few slices of turkey loaf which was a nice change, I just passed up the rice that went with it. I was good till around 3pm, which is when I start feeling hungry. I had some nuts left over, so I grabbed them, and had a snack. When I was going threw the fridge, I also found a few dates, and had those as well. Helped the sugar cravings, and I was good to go.

Dinner was a mix of what I could find that I could eat. Some fish, and another tub of cottage cheese made up dinner. I really need to find more options. Once I move into the new place, I hope to get some rations organised.

Even though I didnt eat much, I went way over my carb intake. Oh well. Man can not survive on nuts alone.

Here are my numbers :
    Cals :2,505 Fats : 122.4, Carbs : 161.9 Protein : 204.1

Please, if you spot something I could be doing better, please, please, PLEASE let me know. I am asking, and with around 2750+ views, I know someone is looking at these posts, so anything you can share will be eagerly appreciated! As mentioned before, I would love any advice, words, anything that would make this go as quickly and honestly as possible.

I love your comments! Truly! So shout out and say hello!

Day Seventy Six done! Day Seventy Seven is almost here!!

Love you all... you just didn't know it!

- Shifty
    Shifty's primal journey 2.0 -The daily online account of Shifty's journey in a un-primal world!

Hey Guys...

In the middle of the move, and have a lot to tell you. I have not disappeared, just up against the clock!
    Will be updating you asap...

Grok on...

-Shifty

Ferti is offline Senior Member
    Shifty,
    Hope the move is going well. I tried the quiche with the paper cups and my son was not impressed (better without). I did buy some cast iron muffin tins to experiment with. Reading your escapades on food makes me realize how really well off I am with my kitchen and food stuffs. I was wondering if you could find some extra virgin coconut oil to supplement your diet. I also get Nutiva Coconut Manna which is a whole coconut spread. I just eat both with a spoon out of the jar. Also you might want to get some fermented foods into your diet. I've been making kefir and sauerkraut. You should be able to get sauerkraut there. You want it from the refrigerated section if you do get it. Treat it like a condiment not a side. Looking forward to your next post.
    Kathy

Day Eighty Three :

Things have been really hectic and crazy here. As I have mentioned before, the dorm I was living in was being shut down, and we had to move out. With 20 students without a place to stay, the school decided to jam all of us in three rooms attached to an office building. I had moved all my stuff into the new place, and was in the middle of setting up, when work came down that the old dorm now had a two month extension, and we had to move back!

So after moving out, we all had to move back, which was another day packing up again and moving back! Total pain, and a waste of time. So right now I am back in my old room <sigh> and trying to get everything organised again. I am half tempted not to unpack, just cause I am half expecting to be told to move again!

This week I was also involved in the weddings of two of my friends, so I had long days arranging and checking in the couple into hotels, running around town and getting last minute things together, and making sure everyone was at the hall on time! While its alot of work, I love helping out with these types of events, cause its great to see two people tie the knot! Maybe one day, I'll get up there, but till then, its nice to be involved.

On the primal side, I have been living on a lot of cottage cheese, and very little else. RIght now I am up to two tubs a day, and just today I was able to make some more SPM to live off. I have definitely let things slide, but I have been ding the best I can. Still no wheat and grains, but a little fruit and some dark chocolate has been thrown in. My biggest issue right now is variety... With the limited resources I have its been tough, but I wont change it for anything!

Grabbed myself some multi vitamins to cover the nutritional parts I am missing, and that has helped. Will pick up the fitday log starting tomorrow, where I can start keeping track of what I am eating again. Right now I just need some sleep, and to get back on track! Now to catch up on work!

Please, if you spot something I could be doing better, please, please, PLEASE let me know. I am asking, and with around 2750+ views, I know someone is looking at these posts, so anything you can share will be eagerly appreciated! As mentioned before, I would love any advice, words, anything that would make this go as quickly and honestly as possible.

Day Eighty Three done! Day Eighty Four is almost here, with ever possibility it brings with it!!

- Shifty

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Hiya Shifty,

Sorry to hear about the CRAP living situation. Look on the bright side, at least you got move LOTS of Heavy Things:-) And will get to move them again according to what you've said. Sounds like a GROK conspiracy ala U-HAUL. Well at least the weddings gave you some real Primal moments, and you are doing great as far as the eating is concerned.

Sometimes we just have to take whats thrown our way, and run with it. In your Primal Journey, you should be PROUD. You've been running a GREAT race, and it's only the beginning:-)

The Girls have been asking about Shifty, and what's been going on in his part of the world. They'll be happy to hear the update:-) Get some rest, and Keep On Grokking!

Thanks for the update SoccerGrok!

Once I get settled again, I will get that message for the girls together!

-Shifty

Day Eighty Four :

Back to the daily log entries! Its good to be back, and having this log keeps me honest!

Still fighting my lack of sleep. I was hoping that my new roommates would have given me a break, but it seems that the one guy who doesn't understand that its not cool to turn the light on at 2am, or turn his alarm off at 7am, is back. I guess I'll have to deal with it till we all move again in 2 months time. The funny thing is that he got a great room (in fact it was the room and very bed I requested!) so I was hoping that he would stay put. Them are the breaks. I guess I will have to fall asleep with a face mask on...

Woke up this morning and was heading to class early when I found out that I was locked in to the apartment! Took 40 minutes to call about before someone came and fixed the lock, which was jammed on the inside! Best plans of mice and men!

Skipped breakfast, and was in class till lunch. The lunch being served was Chicken Wings, so I was happy to eat them. They were covered in oil, so I will have to remember to take some Omega 3's tonight to balance the oil out! I did try my best to get as much off before eating them. After 7 wings I was full. Long gone are the days when I removed the skin...

I started a new book with a study partner, so I now don't have a break between classes, but it has been really good to get this book out of the way and read. So I jumped from the kitchen table, to the study hall, and then back to class. By 4pm, I was toast, so I had a 20 minute power nap, and then ate two tubs of Cottage Cheese cause I was still hungry. When I miss breakfast, I get really hungry at around 4-5 pm... Another benefit of eating early...

Dinner was a SPM bar, and two plums. And thats all I will eat for the day. Put all that into fitday, and was surprised at the numbers I got! :

Cals :1,637 Fats : 97.9, Carbs : 45.2 Protein : 145.6

I guess I was expecting a lot higher numbers than that. Nice to know I ate well, and still hit my targets!

Please, if you spot something I could be doing better, please, please, PLEASE let me know. I am asking, and with around 3100+ views, I know someone is looking at these posts, so anything you can share will be eagerly appreciated! As mentioned before, I would love any advice, words, anything that would make this go as quickly and honestly as possible.

Day Eighty Four done! Day Eighty Five is coming up strong!! Fire photon torpedoes! :P

- Shifty

Day Eighty Five :

Typical Friday for me here. Up early and headed out the door for my weekly appointment across the city. Today I was running late, and decided to cut threw the old city in Jerusalem. Little did I realise that security would be packing the old city, and I got held up. Must remember the political agenda her. Totally forgot the UN bid this weekend.

Was running a little late, but did get a chance to do some shopping after my meeting. I went all out, buying some cooked Meats and Turkey, as well as a little smoke salmon that was on sale. Its been a long time since I have spoilt myself, so I took the opportunity. Lunch, and the first meal of the day for me was some Pistachio nuts. Being friday, I knew I was going to have a big meal tonight!

Headed back home, read a book I picked up earlier in the day, and also took an hour nap. Needed it, and when I woke up, had a SPM as a snack.

Had to walk over to my friends house for dinner, another full 40 minute walk one way, and then 40 minutes back later that night!

Dinner was chicken soup, and then chick for dinner. I had a piece of potato bake as well, and was full by the time I was finished. Amazing meal. Walked home, went to bed, and went straight into...

Day Eighty Six :

Lazy day, and I must have really been exhausted, cause I didn't get up till after 1pm. In fact, I didn't wake up till after 1pm! Late for lunch, I was lucky enough to snag myself a piece of chicken. Cold, but not to bad at all.

Went back to my room, and rested up, reading half my book, and enjoying just resting. Grabbed a few SPM during the afternoon, as well as a few slices of turkey to round out the afternoon. Not surprising since I really didn't eat that day.

Diner was light, just some cottage cheese, and then heading over to the office to log in this report, and then heading off to get the rest of my stuff back into my room. Cant wait till two months goes by and I get to do it all over again!

Please, if you spot something I could be doing better, please, please, PLEASE let me know. I am asking, and with around 3100+ views, I know someone is looking at these posts, so anything you can share will be eagerly appreciated! As mentioned before, I would love any advice, words, anything that would make this go as quickly and honestly as possible.

Day Eighty Six done! Day Eighty Seven is coming up strong!! :P

- Shifty

Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast