Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: First day in, killer headache, but thats day one down! page 14

Ferti is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hey Shifty, I made this recipe (from somewhere on MDA) for my son because he has the same issues as you running around in the morning (heís in High School) and I donít have much control over what he eats when heís not here so I want to get him off to a good start. I used muffin pans but there definitely was a sticking issue (but really only a messy clean up, muffins were fine) so I will use muffin paper cups liners next time. Youíll probably bake it in a single pan.
    Quiche
    1lb cooked meat of choice (diced, crumbled)
    12 eggs
    Ĺ cup heavy cream
    Ĺ tsp salt
    1 1/2c shredded cheese
    Garlic powder and pepper
    Preheat 350F, bake 35 minutes.
    This made a little more than 12 muffins for me and my son liked them right out of the fridge in the morning. You could use the cottage cheese instead of shredded if itís full fat cottage cheese, I would just use a little less heavy cream to compensate for the moisture but Iím not sure if that would really matter.

shifty1 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks Ferti...

Its really nice of you to share that recipe with me. I will do my best to try to out. Sounds wonderful

-Shifty
    Shifty's primal journey 2.0 -The daily online account of Shifty's journey in a un-primal world!

Starting weight - 2.11.13 - 96 kg
    Starting measurement - waist - 116cm
    Numbers change every 50 days

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Hey Primal Shifty:-) Just thought I'd pop in and Say Hey. Hope all is well, and that the sleep is getting better for ya. Just a little "HEAT" motivation story for ya. I coach an under 12 grils soccer(football:-) team. Today it was 95 degress and some of the girls were complaining how HOT it was(which for Oregonians, it is). So I pulled them aside, and told them a little story about my Primal friend Shifty who is in Israel and is in weather much HOTTER than here! I told them of how he has gone on a Primal journey, and has overcome many obstacles during his short time. All the while, enduring the opressive heat. The girls found it soo enjoyable, that they changed their pre-game/halftime/post game cheer to "3 cheers for Shifty! If he can beat the Heat, so can we" Anyway, kinda corny, but thought you might like it:-) Cheers, and Rock Out with your Grok Out!

Quote Originally Posted by SoccerGrok View Post
    Hey Primal Shifty:-) Just thought I'd pop in and Say Hey. Hope all is well, and that the sleep is getting better for ya. Just a little "HEAT" motivation story for ya. I coach an under 12 grils soccer(football:-) team. Today it was 95 degress and some of the girls were complaining how HOT it was(which for Oregonians, it is). So I pulled them aside, and told them a little story about my Primal friend Shifty who is in Israel and is in weather much HOTTER than here! I told them of how he has gone on a Primal journey, and has overcome many obstacles during his short time. All the while, enduring the opressive heat. The girls found it soo enjoyable, that they changed their pre-game/halftime/post game cheer to "3 cheers for Shifty! If he can beat the Heat, so can we" Anyway, kinda corny, but thought you might like it:-) Cheers, and Rock Out with your Grok Out!
    Speechless...
    Just... Speechless

-Shifty
    Shifty's primal journey 2.0 -The daily online account of Shifty's journey in a un-primal world!

Hey guys...
    Sorry for the lack of updates till now. Work has me on a killer deadline,and I have been bouncing from class to office to sleep for the last few days. I don't think I have ever posted three days in one post, but here it goes.

Day Seventy :

Thursday night was rough, but I did get a few hours of sleep before I had to be up, and off to my usual Friday appointments. I missed breakfast, and found myself on the streets doing my usual 45 minute walk. After that as out of the way, I grabbed some nuts, and headed back to the dorm. I didn't really eat anything substantial as I knew that my friday night meal would be a large one as it usually is.

Did go shopping, and picked up some more Beef jerky, and some cheese. Sometimes its nice to change things up.

Got back to the dorm, and had some of Soccergrok's protein muffins. These thing have become a stable in my diet now. They are the closest thing I have to anything bakes, and since the majority is made up of nuts and a little dried fruit, it has to be way better than some of the other options. My first batch lasted two weeks, my second batch is going to last me 5 days. Next time I will have to make double portions.

When it was time to head out for dinner, I opted to walk there, which took me an hour there, and a good hour back. I find that helps me get my exercise in. Dinner was at one of my teachers homes, and it was great to sit in someone's home, and see a family interact
    Dinner was some chicken broth, stewed vegetables, and some chicken. Along with a nice glass of red wine, I was full, and enjoyed the walk back home.

Here are my numbers :
    Cals :1,937 Fats : 122.4, Carbs : 58.7 Protein : 158.8

Day Seventy One :

Got to sleep in today, so I was able to catch up on a few more hours of sleep

Did my usual get up, and go straight to lunch, which is my only saving grace. I walked to lunch which was a good 20 minute walk, which revved up my appetite. Its amazing to think you have the whole week to watch what you eat, have enough to feel full, and then I get to eat a full meal over the weekend.

Lunch was a mix of salads and fish, along with something I really cant explain. It is a local dish, that I probably shouldn't have eaten, but it was my only option at the table. It is like turkey stuffing, just without bread. Although its called stuffing, it has evolved more into a mash of vegetables and spices. I looked, its not in Fitday

Dinner was a handful of nuts, and that was my Saturday in a nutshell. I'm going to skip numbers on fitday, simply cause whatever I put in would not be accurate at this point!

I did get a lot of rest on Saturday, which is what I needed.

Day Seventy Two :

Had a late night, woke up early in the morning realising that I could not breath. It seemed that one of my roommates had locked the window, and with the heat and four guys all living in a small room, the air became stale very quickly. Have to talk to him about it sometime!

Got up and headed to class. When I was walking out the door, I glanced at the clock, and realised that it was 10 years to the day that I was driving down a street in Los Angeles, watching groups of people along the streets scanning the sky. I remember stopping someone to ask what was going on. "It's War" was the simple reply, and the world as I knew it was forever affected. I Never will forget what happened in New York.

I took a few moments to reflect on the last ten years, the friends I had lost in the actions taken after 9/11, and the situation we live in today. I never thought I would be in Israel, whose existence to exist is still being threatened by its neighbours. If it were ten years ago, I don't think I would stay. Now, I don't want a states terror threats to affect the way I live. I guess its my way of standing up for terror. But it will never amount to what the heroes who gave the ultimate sacrifice chose to do. In Australia, we have a saying when it comes to remembering soldiers - Lest we forget.

I got to class, and I have to be honest, it was not a great day. I took some hits, which i was not expecting, and it looks like I need to switch to another class. But never the less, better to know now and get it done, than sit in a place and not know why things don't work. I put a little bit of the days vibe on the energy of what this day is. I think my usual zest for life was already at a low.

Lunch was chicken wrapped in breadcrumbs and fried, so I opted out to have a plate of salad and some cottage cheese. Today I took it out into the square and ate alone, it was best thatI kept to myself, while I worked out how to process what was going on.

Around 4pm, I grabbed some more of Soccorgrok's protein muffins (SPG's from now on!) and realised I will have to head to the market soon. As mentioned before, these are become a staple to my diet. The kitchen is a little barren right now, so I need to make do with what I have. Two slim Jims made up the rest of my snack.

Hit the office, and brought dinner with me. Another tub of cottage cheese. And with that, I have to get back to work, and try to get back to bed by 10pm. I need another early night, although a good movie would hit he spot right now!

Here are my numbers :
    Cals :1,470 Fats : 99.6, Carbs : 51.2 Protein : 104.9

Please, if you spot something I could be doing better, please, please, PLEASE let me know. I am asking, and with around 2530+ views, I know someone is looking at these posts, so anything you can share will be eagerly appreciated! As mentioned before, I would love any advice, words, anything that would make this go as quickly and honestly as possible.

I love your comments! Truly! So shout out and say hello!

Day Seventy Two done! Day Seventy Three is almost here!!

Love you all... you just didn't know it!

- Shifty

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Those muffins look AWESOME! I am totally going to make some as well.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Those muffins look AWESOME! I am totally going to make some as well.
    I cant recommend them enough. A total stable in my diet!

-Shifty

Day Seventy Three :

Woke up today feeling really drained. I slept well, but the events of the last few days took their toll. More and more I realise how much sleep plays a huge part in your day, the days of all nighters, and pushing threw exhaustion are totally over for me.

Got up around 10 am, and made it to class. As I left for class, I grabbed some beef jerky for breakfast. And I was then in class till lunch.
    Lunch was a mixture of beef stew and pasta, and I grabbed a small amount of the the beef stew, before I had to run off to a few more meetings before the rest of class started.

Dinner for me was two tubs of Cottage Cheese and part of an omelette. I am trying to move to easily digestible foods for dinner, and see if that will help with my winding down for the night.

On the good news side, I received my personal blender today. I got a Hamilton Beach one, so now I will start experimenting with shakes and stuff. Something else to put into the arsenal. In the flip side of things, my dorm is being shut down, so I will have to start looking for another place to live. The days just roll on.

May have found a way to get physical. More on that to come...

Here are my numbers :
    Cals :918 Fats : 36.0, Carbs : 37.4 Protein : 107.7

Please, if you spot something I could be doing better, please, please, PLEASE let me know. I am asking, and with around 2750+ views, I know someone is looking at these posts, so anything you can share will be eagerly appreciated! As mentioned before, I would love any advice, words, anything that would make this go as quickly and honestly as possible.

Day Seventy Three done! Day Seventy Four is almost here!!

- Shifty

Day Seventy Four :

Had my usual 7 hours of sleep, before getting up and heading for class. I was woken by a call from the dorm head, telling me at luchtime we have a house meeting. Hmmm... Oh well, I will worry about that later.

No breakfast for me (I really need to change that too) and I rushed down to class. Normal three hours, then lunch. It was roast chicken today, so I grabbed a piece, and then headed to the meeting. Not so great news, we are all being moved out and scattered around the place. Deadline is this Friday. I'm sorry that this is happening. I have good friends here in the house, and I don't think I will be able to be around them. We are being absorbed into other dorms. : (

Hit the rest of my classes, had a random attack of fun, and blew off a class for an hours worth of video games. I have not played in years, but I just felt like I needed it. Then back to class, meeting with my boss, and a meeting with the headmaster! All in a days work.

Dinner was a tube of cottage cheese, and a salad with cream cheese. I thought it was cottage, but by the time I realised it wasn't, I was locked out of the kitchen. I was still hungry after all that (or maybe just nervous about the move), and grabbed at a sponge cake that was available. I know I failed, but it was a small piece, and so far, I'm feeling fine. Its one of those random rewards I guess. I have no back up food in my fridge right now, so I need to make some time to pick up some nuts and stuff to make some more SPMs. Its dangerous when you have nothing to go to.

Here are my numbers :
    Cals :1,720 Fats : 103.5, Carbs : 74.8 Protein : 131.7

Please, if you spot something I could be doing better, please, please, PLEASE let me know. I am asking, and with around 2750+ views, I know someone is looking at these posts, so anything you can share will be eagerly appreciated! As mentioned before, I would love any advice, words, anything that would make this go as quickly and honestly as possible.

Day Seventy Four done! Day Seventy Five is almost here!!

- Shifty

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Day Seventy Five :

Had a good evening talking to one of my roommates about the situation, and what the next move would be for each of us. It was good to know that what I was feeling was shared, and I was not alone with my thoughts or feelings. The next few months will be very interesting. A lot of change will be coming.

Got up early, and did my usual miss breakfast... (I will discuss this more later in this report.) Hit classes, and was informed that we were all going on a day trip around the countryside. I was happy to go, but had little time to prepare. I grabbed a quick lunch, which for everyone else was spaghetti and meatballs, so I grabbed a few meatballs, and headed to my room. I was planning to grab a bag of almonds but I was in such a hurry to make it to the bus, I left them in my room. I did remember to take water, and thats is life support here.

Had a full day seeing sites of importance, and I had the extra honour of acting as official photographer for the trip. So I was on the go, and by the time the day was done, I was sore as I sat in my seat heading back. Lugging all my camera gear on my back, as well as making sure I was ahead of the group was hard, but nice grok fun...

I got back to the school, and realised I had nothing as a back up for dinner. Nothing. My fridge was totally empty and I have been on the go so I have not had a chance to go to the market and get any food. This caused a big problem, cause when I went to the kitchen, there was only one option on the table. Cause we came in late, and missed dinner, the kitchen left out coffee and cake for those who missed dinner. So without thinking.. (OK, I was thinking, but I was hungry and weak, but that is no excuse... I knew what I was doing!) I had a piece of cake. It tasted great, and I realise how much I miss sugar, but I can feel the insulin response, and yet again, and enjoying the rush.

Lesson for today : Never have something to go to. Ever. I need to make double portions of the SPM from now on to have them always at hand. I felt I was eating to many of them, but they are far better than wheat and sugar. And to think how I didn't grab pizza which was bought for everyone on the trip. Maybe that would have been the better to have had cheese and cardboard! :P

I was thinking about avoiding putting in about the cake, but if I start cheating on what I report now, I will do it again. <sigh> Still, tomorrow is a new day. Failure is part of the journey!

Here are my numbers :
    Cals :1,477 Fats : 49.4, Carbs : 75.1 Protein : 173.7

Day Seventy Five done! Day Seventy Six is almost here!!

- Shifty

Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast