Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: First day in, killer headache, but thats day one down! page 13

Ferti is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I've really enjoyed your story so far. I like to snack on olives and you're in a perfect location for them. I started paleo on Easter this year, lost over 30 pounds but haven't been on a scale for two months. I completely eliminated fruit from my diet for and after Labor Day I'll do a clean 30 days without any alcohol/sugar/fruit/starches and with lots of soups and lacto fermented veggies. Have you started to lift heavy things yet? I need to do the exercise part myself.

Kathy

shifty1 is offline Senior Member
    Im so glad you asked me about LHT... I have been putting it off. Im not to sure why, I just seem to be constantly finding excuses not to exercise. Which is really crazy cause I love to do it. I'm aiming to start something this week. NOw that I know people are watching, I should be able to get thins whole thing moving!!!

-Shifty
    Shifty's primal journey 2.0 -The daily online account of Shifty's journey in a un-primal world!

Starting weight - 2.11.13 - 96 kg
    Starting measurement - waist - 116cm
    Numbers change every 50 days

Day Sixty Three :

Woke up early, as I had my usualy appointment early this morning, and headed down to it. I grabbed one of those nutty muffins and I went out the door, and realised that I really like eating them, not just cause I want to something to eat. This weekend has really showed me I am back to eating for enjoyment, no so much for survival. Must change that asap...

Had my usual hour comment to get there, walking up hills and the likes. When that was out of the way, I jumped on a bus, grabbed myself a haircut, and walked back home, on the way stopping of at the vegetarian restaurant to have some yogurt and cucumber soup on offer. Cold, it was just the thing to pick me up on the hot day.

Res of the day was just housekeeping and getting ready for Friday night. I knew I was going to eat big tonight, so I held off eating anything till dinner came. When dinner arrived, I has a spoonful of humas, some salad, three bowls of chicken broth, and some beef roast and a piece of chicken. I was more than full, and thats when I dropped the ball again. Desert came out and it was chocolate pie, so I had a slice. It was a small slice, but never the less, I could have done without it. Again, I realise that I am enjoying the sugar/insulin rush and drop, and found myself wanting it. I have to change that. I always feel worse with guilt after than the actual feeling.

During the day I couldn't help by weigh myself, and I was just under 93.75 kgs. Which means that all this time, I have not been loosing much weight at all. That got me down, and I really need to get back on the wagon. Amazing what adding a few little things can do. So much effort, and so little reward. I think its a combination of my body adapting as well. Need to get back in total control and take things to the next level.

Sleep has been really holding me back, as everyone in the dorm are on the night swing, and I just need my sleep. So Im finding it hard to get rest. Makes things a little harder right now.

Heres my numbers for Friday :
    Cals :1,536 Fats : 89.3, Carbs : 72.5 Protein : 112.9

Day Sixty Four :

Another day of rest for me, and that meant hanging around the dorm, catching up on sleep and eating. LAst night was a really hard one for me, as I slept a few hours, and cold not get back to sleep till the early hours of the morning. So I took the opportunity to sleep in and got up and hour before lunch.

Lunch was the normal large affair... I held myself back after the meal last night, and had some small salads, and a mouth full of cholent, which is made normally with beans, but this time it was made with barley! One mouthful was all I took, and I passed on the rest, instead grabbing some tomatoes and cucumbers.

Dinner was more cucumber and tomatoes mixed up with some cottage cheese. I did also have some more of my nutty protein muffins, almost finished the first batch! Its funny, but now I found something I love, and its driving up my carbs count!

I have felt like I have had the flu for the last few days, don't know if thats bounce back from the accident (stress) or the insulin crashes. Anyone got any ideas?

Here are my numbers for today!
    Cals :871 Fats : 57.7, Carbs : 34.0 Protein : 61.4

Please, if you spot something I could be doing better, please, please, PLEASE let me know. I am asking, and with around 2100+ views, I know someone is looking at these posts, so anything you can share will be eagerly appreciated! As mentioned before, I would love any advice, words, anything that would make this go as quickly and honestly as possible.

I love your comments! Truly! So shout out and say hello!

Day Sixty Three and Four done! Day Sixty Five is coming up!! And I feel like I am behind the 8-ball!

Love you all... you just didn't know it!

- Shifty
    Shifty's primal journey 2.0 -The daily online account of Shifty's journey in a un-primal world!

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Hey Shifty...First of all, remember to NOT worry about the numbers on the scale. They are really insignificant when we talk about Primal. Continue to focus on the changing of your body composition. That said. Starting the LHT will really help you to go forward in that area. You may even consider just doing body weight exercises to start out(pushups, pullups, planks, etc...), then move on to some weight oriented exercises. This will also help in that carb burning area:-)

You've said it yourself, that sleep has been a toughie. Just remember that part of training is also good rest for the body. I know it's Damn HOT where you are, and the noise levels are not always ideal, but try as best you can to get at least 8-9 hrs(It really helps). I know that if I don't, I become quite the grumpy Bear!

Keep on fighting the GOOD fight. And remember, NOT A DIET, A LIFESTYLE CHANGE:-) Grok On!

You always make my day SoccorGrok...

Thanks for the reminder. Its good to have someone who has been when you are ground you with what is fact and not your own personal subersitions!

-Shifty

Day Sixty Five :

I woke up with only a few hours sleep, and most of the day I was not awake for the day. I missed breakfast, and went straight to class, really being a zombie. When lunch was on offer, I headed back to bed, and slept for 2 hours, before hitting my next class, getting some housekeeping done, and then heading for a meeting.

At dinner I grabbed some beef that was left over, prepped some veggies for tomorrows breakfast, and then headed to the office. I'm more awake now than I was before, but am planing to got straight to bed after posting. I'm planing to take some melatonine, and try to get a full night in.

Here are my numbers :
    Cals :1,283 Fats : 90.6, Carbs : 24.9 Protein : 94.4

Please, if you spot something I could be doing better, please, please, PLEASE let me know. I am asking, and with around 2100+ views, I know someone is looking at these posts, so anything you can share will be eagerly appreciated! As mentioned before, I would love any advice, words, anything that would make this go as quickly and honestly as possible.

Day Sixty Five done! Day Sixty Six (double numbers!) is coming up!! Got to get some LHT in tommorow!

- Shifty

Day Sixty Six :

Last night was the hardest night I have had since leaving home. I was up all night, going to bed to get an early night at 9.30pm, and finally falling asleep at 5am in the morning, only to wake up at 10 am to go to class. I was a total zombie, and the rest of the day was more than just painful, it was a fight to function.

Last night I ate some meat around 7 pm, so I wonder if it was the digestion that was in part keeping me up. Today I decided to try and use that to my advantage.

Dragging myself out of bed, I grabbed some leftover beef, and ate that as breakfast. If it can keep me up, it can help wake me up too.

With that, I went to class, did my best to stay awake. Made it to lunch and had a piece of chicken, and my last nutty muffin. I lay down and dosed for 10 minutes, and then went to class. I didn't want to sleep to much during the day.

Dinner was just some cottage cheese and vegetables. Simple. I didn't want to prime my body with food that would keep it awake.

If you have any tips, ideas, rituals or anything that will help get me back into a sleep cycle, please feel free to post your ideas.

Painful day, but about to try and get some sleep again.

Here are my numbers :
    Cals :1,796 Fats : 130.4, Carbs : 64.2 Protein : 106.7

I had a piece or two of dried pineapple, and that took me over 50 on my carbs :P

Day Sixty Six done! Day Sixty Seven is coming up!! May sleep grace me!

- Shifty

Day Sixty Seven :

Happy to say that I got a good nights sleep last night. Found that by taking some time to read before going to bed helped alot with dropping off. So I woke up around 8am feeling human, which was a great star to the day.

Grabbed some cottage cheese in the morning, and went to class. Lunch was skipped cause I wasn't hungry. I did have a piece of fried fish, but after the first bite, I threw it away for some tomatoes and green peppers at around 3pm.

Dinner was another tub of cottage cheese, and some beef jerky later in the night.

No LHT yet, but I am racing to finish this report so I can be in bed by 10pm

Here are my numbers :
    (Coming tomorrow when I have more time. Full day today!)

Day Sixty Seven done! Day Sixty Eight is coming up!!

- Shifty

Day Sixty Eight :

Another night where I slept. Took me a little longer to get to sleep last night, but I got at least 7 hours in, and the difference is amazing! I wish I had my own room, cause if I did, I would be in bed by 9pm, and up at the crack of dawn. Nothing more primal than that!

Was up around 9.30am, and was late for my first class. In fact, I only caught the last 15 minutes of class, but one does the best one can. Its been a long time since I was that late for a class, but tomorrow is a new day!

Skipped breakfast all together except for a protein shake made with almond milk, and headed straight into my three hour class, which takes me to 1pm, and lunch. I don't have to worry about the primal rule, "Use your brain" cause in this class, thats all we do. Man was I beat, and I was looking forward to lunch....

... witch was some tomatoes, green peppers olives and cottage cheese! This stuff tastes great when your hungry, and I munched it all down while talking to a friend of mine, whose only comment was... That looks good! I told him to get some, but he opted from the bread and rice on offer. Its a shame what people don't know what they are doing to themselves. Wasn't so long ago, I was one of them....

Went to my next few classes, then took some personal time and realised I needed to cook! I was out of SoccorGrok's protein muffins (which are bars for me) so I ran around, got all the ingredients, and headed to the kitchen. The only thing I missed out on was butter, and when finished there was no time to try them, so I put them in the fridge to cool off, and off to the office I went. I had a big write up to do, and found I got i done in an hour, which is amazing for me. So while I sit here writing, I realise I am actually ahead of the day for once. With 15 minutes left on the clock before bed time. I might actually get a shower in tonight! Yeah!

Dinner was a few sticks of Beef jerky and a few nuts. And I feel great!

Here are my numbers :
    Cals :1,508 Fats : 106.6, Carbs : 47.5 Protein : 99.5

Please, if you spot something I could be doing better, please, please, PLEASE let me know. I am asking, and with around 2530+ views, I know someone is looking at these posts, so anything you can share will be eagerly appreciated! As mentioned before, I would love any advice, words, anything that would make this go as quickly and honestly as possible.

Day Sixty Eight done! Day Sixty Nine is almost here!!

- Shifty

Day Sixty Nine :

Last night was a little rougher than the last few. I fell asleep at 1am, and found myself wide awake at 4am! No matter what I tried I could not fall to sleep but got really dopey around 8am, just before class!

So I ended up walking like a dope to class, and grabbed two protein bars from yesterday. I find I eat a lot more when I am tired and this morning I was eating just to find the energy to keep going. Class was good, but I was waiting for lunch, which was my usual, salad and cottage cheese. I got to say it, I am grooving on this stuff.

Later in the day I grabbed another tub of cottage cheese to keep going, and skipped dinner all together. If I do have something, it will be very light indeed.

These days have been chock a block full, so I apologise for the lack of detail in these last posts. Next week should ease up a little better.

Here are my numbers :
    Cals :1,416 Fats : 93.8, Carbs : 48.7 Protein : 104.4

Please, if you spot something I could be doing better, please, please, PLEASE let me know. I am asking, and with around 2530+ views, I know someone is looking at these posts, so anything you can share will be eagerly appreciated! As mentioned before, I would love any advice, words, anything that would make this go as quickly and honestly as possible.

Day Sixty Nine done! Day Seventy is almost here!!

- Shifty

Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast