Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pondering Age and Aging page

Digby is offline Senior Member

Pondering Age and Aging

Primal Fuel
    Compared to most people on MDA, I'm an elder; in my 60s, and today my precious granddaughters turn 10 years old--old!--strange term for people under fifty. I've always said it's the kids and grandkids that make us feel old, otherwise I still feel very young. Then I look at my soon to be 45 yo daughter, and her girls, and my soon to be 30 yo son, and think--Jeeezus, how did I get this old! I'm on the downhill side of living, which is actually very fine, since I'm a very fortunate person who has a far better life than I deserve. Still I want these years to be even better than my early, I will live forever, years; so I work hard at good health, eating primal, thinking about what matters most and letting go of the crap than so easily bogs down a life.

Anyway, my little grandbabies have become "yo" girls, who are definitely entering the preteen phase with a glee. It seems like only yesterday, I mean literally only a little while ago, they were infants, but what a lot of fun to watch these fraternal twins, night and day different, growing, and to be so proud of what a great job their mother is doing.

Enjoy your life--this one is all too short. One day you look back and think, why did I waste so much energy on bs, negative people, and worry over things that really are not that important.

Also, Happy July 4th!
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Amen!

When I look back at the stress I caused myself by worrying about things that ultimately didn't matter, it's just sad. I'm 46, and I actually love being this age because I feel like I have a much clearer picture of life and priorities. I just feel so much more at peace with myself.

I don't know if life ever gets easy, but your attitude matures and you see the big picture instead of the minutiae.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

marthat is offline Senior Member
    It's my birthday today, too, and I'm turning 51. Best wishes to your granddaughters. I don't have any yet, but I look at my adult sons (21 and 18) and wonder where the years go.

Amen to making the best of life at any age!
    Last edited by marthat; 07-03-2011 at 10:51 AM.

IndigoBanshee is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marthat View Post
    It's my birthday today, too, and I'm turning 51. Best wishes to your granddaughters. I don't have any yet, but I look at my adult sons (21 and 18) and winder where the years go.

Amen to making the best of life at any age!
    Happy Birthday!

js290 is offline Senior Member

SugarBaby is offline Senior Member
    Happy Birthday to your grandkids, and to you Marthat.

js290-I sure hope so!
    WWW.SUGARAHOLICS.COM

I was a sugarbaby; meaning since I was born I was given lots of sugar, and ate lots of processed foods, especially sweets until I was into my thirties. Most people in the west were/are sugarbabies.

“How does today’s youngster educate his sense of taste? By submerging it in a sea of sugar from the time he gets up to the time he goes to bed.” W. Root and Richard DeRochemont, Eating in America (1976)

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    I'm 68 - maybe not quite the oldest person here. This is not my birthday. However, I count the 4th of July as the date I began using the Primal Blueprint. (I don't label my self as Primal, Paleo or anything else.) I do not feel old any more. Oh, my hair is still gray (not as gray as a year ago) and thin on top (not as thin as a year ago), my short term memory is not what it used to be (but better than a year ago) . . . . I could go on.

Happy birthday to all who are having them, including the USA.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Hedonist: Happy Do-it-your-way Birthday!
    Marthat: A very happy birthday to you, too
    js290: I expect to live into my 90s based on family trend, if I don't get run over by one of the 10,000 idiots. But years without good health is awful, so I do want to keep going pretty much as I am now if at all possible. I'm not giving in a minute before I have to.

I love this time of life, though I wouldn't mind swapping out some parts from the 1970s version; still a classic is a classic. We 1940 models are still very cool (we even invented the term "cool").
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    Amen!

When I look back at the stress I caused myself by worrying about things that ultimately didn't matter, it's just sad. I'm 46, and I actually love being this age because I feel like I have a much clearer picture of life and priorities. I just feel so much more at peace with myself.

I don't know if life ever gets easy, but your attitude matures and you see the big picture instead of the minutiae.
    I give you an Amen to your Amen! I really loved my 40s, it was the time for me when I truly grew up and let go of too many "shoulds."

localad is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    59. PB 14 months:

I do not feel old any more. Oh, my hair is still gray (not as gray as a year ago), my short term memory is not what it used to be (but better than a year ago)
    +1
    activate the rhythm, the rhythm that has always been within

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast