Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal: CrissyTibby page

CrissyTibby is offline Senior Member

Primal Journal: CrissyTibby

Primal Fuel
    7/3/11

My journey began at 20 when I had my first son. I was always a little curvy but small. I am 5'2" and before I had my son weighed 119. I gained 50 pounds during that pregnancy and had to learn how to keep the weight off. I tried Atkins first and since I didn't really understand what a carb was back then this did not go well. I then tried Body For Life and this went extremely well and was my first education. Now another eight years and another son later I have become a personal trainer and am going to school for physical therapy. I have gotten down to low levels of bodyfat on a diet called Fighter Diet, but it was a mass amount of veggies, low fat, and weekly refeeds. I also gained too much muscle. I started trying to lose a little muscle and become smaller so I cut back on some of my heavy lifting and tried to eat less. I couldn't lose weight. I also started swelling alot and my glands started swelling all over my body. Needless to say though it seemed I was healthy I was not and now I am looking for health and a good bodycomposition, but I refuse to give up health to have it. In the last week I have given up artificial sweeteners, fat burners, energy drinks, and meticously keeping track of every macronutrient I consume!

I am beginning by keeping my carbs at 50, but not counting calories. I had my last refeed 7/1/11.

I weigh 119 right now, but was averaging 115-116 and I think once I can get this diet down will get back to okay numbers. My goal is 105-110 pounds which was where I was at last summer before my health started to decline.

Thanks for any feedback!

7/4/11

Whew I ate alot yesterday! It was all delicious too. I have been restricting my fat intake for so long it feels like heaven, lol. Today I am trying to go by my body's cues. I woke up a little swollen and you can't see any abs, but I think that is more due to quitting all the energy drinks. I feel great which is something I haven't been able to say in a while. I am weighing to keep myself in check and today I weigh 118.

Headed out the door for some sprints for the first time in a week (I was a chronic cardio person too).

Just had some coffee with coconut milk for breakfast. I use to always have a big scoop of protein powder with bcaa and glutamine before intense exercise to preserve muscle but it also spiked insulin really high. I am not really wanting to strip anymore muscle off, but I think only doing one intense session a week will help keep what I have now.

Well since I know I tend to binge at night -- use to be pounds of veggies on the last diet -- I decided to try IF from 2pm until 5am.. I teach a weights class at 530 am so I want to eat before that. If this works out I may start trying to keep to this window to keep from over eating. I did keep up with calories today since I woke up swollen again.. I ate 20 grams of net carbs.. 107 grams protein.. and the rest of 1800 cals was fat cals. I know I ate twice as many yesterday! Yikes. I don't know if I can let go of counting yet. Maybe with the IF I can try.

7/5/11

Well the IF didn't work..ate tons..but still on diet..I am doing Paleo version with no diary and no fruit. I ate a bunch yesterday.. I mean 1000 calories more than I usually do and I was extremely tired all day. But I got up and weighed 117.4 and felt better this morning.

Feeling good. 116.8 = )

Had a terrible day!!!! Good diet day still -- but bad personal..I have gained a bit of fat though I am losing weight -- will have to dial back the cals a bit

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Crissy. It seems like you are on the right track.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Thanks Hedonist!

7/8/11

116.4 and the bloat is gone!! Finally switching to fat feed I think.

Averaging around 2000 calories and it seems to be fine. Right now all I am doing is teaching my BodyPump classes 4 days a week, but going down to 3 days a week next month.

I do sprints one day a week on Wednesday.

Still keeping track of everything - but since I dropped energy drinks - any bad carbs (use to have them once a week) and fake sugar I am just going to stick to this for now. It keeps it off my mind just to type my foods in.

Feel good!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Well Friday afternoon like usual I had my little cheats (no glutens..dark cocoa/hummus chips/frozen yogurt)..but it wasn't as bad as last Friday..I use to have massive refeeds without gaining fat..but they were recking my immune system..I don't think people have any idea how hard it is on your body to overeat like that..a little overeating for hormones is one thing....I want to make it through the rest of July without a cheat then I am going to just add the frozen yogurt in on Fridays..I don't have dairy to avoid breakouts..and it has helped..

So the rest of the weekend has gone good..today is my off day..yesterday I hit heavy weights for upper body...my favorite!!

August I am going to try to move my family over to paleo..both my boys have allergies and I think it will really help..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast