Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Primal Journal: CrissyTibby page 2

CrissyTibby is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Well Saturday and Sunday went OK..I tried for two days not to measure and weigh food and I ate WAY too much..so my goal now is to get OFF the scale too and to only eat three meals a day. My husband is about 80 percent on board and so is my 8 year old..so I have been cooking meals off of everyday paleo and today I have only had breakfast and lunch..teaching a weights class in a little bit then I will have supper..yay me..today is for sure a good day. I am going to start keeping track by the mirror..my abs are still noticeable but I would like them a little more defined and some fat off the back of the legs..so no calorie counting or scale..looking forward to a little more carefree approach for sure!!!!

Good day yesterday..good day today.. experimenting with recipes..trying real hard to get foods my 3 year old likes..so far apples and bacon are as far as I can get..at the end of July I am going to post pics and see how one solid month of Paleo in August does

Slept for 9 hours like a baby last night..felt so good..getting everything going pretty good. I am going to make my family a paleo mexican dish tonight. I had a late snack last night of an apple w/ almond butter..but that is pretty much my only stray..sticking with three meals today.

Well my 8 year old is full paleo for the last two days..going well..the 3 year old is refusing..lol

I tried to make some paleo cookies and no one liked them.. I happened to love them and ate half of them..not good..all in there was bananas apples almond butter coconut flour walnuts..but they are not the most body comp friendly..so since no one likes stuff like that in my house I have decided to just not keep it in the house

My boys both love every kind of fruit but won't touch a nut.. eggs/bacon/beef/chicken and fruit is all at the moment that I can get them to eat..trying real hard to get more veggies in..I wish I had been pressing the veggie issue more over the years..because now I am really fighting with my boys

My husband has been on paleo now for a couple of weeks and had one piece of bread and got really sick..I haven't touched a gluten but I am still trying to keep my meals to 3 without snacking so I won't overeat

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    What kind of veggies are you trying with your sons? Veggies were never really pressed with me either and I have trouble finding ones I like now. I only really like asparagus and broccoli at the moment. Try some bacon or prosciutto wrapped asparagus! So tasty. Also I'm going to try spaghetti squash as a pasta substitute. If you don't tell them what it is, maybe they'll just think it's special pasta =P

Great idea. I bought the book Everyday Paleo for recipes and I saw some spaghetti in there with veggies I am going to try. My 8 year old ate a frittata--sp? this morning with tons of veggies so there is hope yet! I lived off of veggies and low fat for a year..so I love them.. but it is getting harder to consume the amount I use to eat because I get full from the fat first! Do you have any little ones?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12