Thread: Probotics ... any ideas ?? page

pratster Guest

Primal Fuel

hello all ,

Thought of picking up on probotics from what i read about in PB looks like a supplement worth taking , does anyone recomend a good brand ...and useful info - Pratt

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member

I don't take them myself but I've seen in several places that the yoghurty drinks don't have anything "better" than normal yoghurt; and that they may not make it past the stomach acid.

Whereas there are capsules that resist the stomach acid and deliver the contents to the right place.

Not a clue what brands, but just something to throw in for consideration?

PrimalK is offline Junior Member

I've heard the same thing as NMG about the drink types. I've just started taking a multivitamin with probiotic - the brand is Multibionta here in the UK.

darienx19 is offline Senior Member

I take the Shaklee Optiflora probiotics. They have the protective encapsulation like NorthernMonkeyG is talking about. Be warned though, Shaklee is a multi-level company... I like some of their stuff though.

Del Mar Mel Guest

I use a green powder called Vitamineral Greens as my Vitamin/ Mineral supplement that has probiotics in it. It's actually a whole foods product so it's all stuff your body recognizes; not fractionated vitamins.

When I specifically buy probiotics I buy the Jarrow brand at the health food store. It's in the refrigerated section (orange box, Jarro-dophilus EPS). It's about $17 for 60 capsules. It was recommended to me at my health food store as a very high dose for a good price. It helped me quickly rebalance after I had food poisoning.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

I have probiotic capsules, though I don't take them as often as I intended to. They're probably half dead by now. *sigh* I'd been buying them from puritan.com for about $6 a bottle.

However, I've found a great replacement. I've become something of a kombucha addict. I even ordered a "mushroom" to start making my own. This stuff is wonderful after dinner. It's too expensive to keep buying at the store, but is incredibly cheap to make at home.

Mainer is offline Senior Member

I make water kefir of all kinds from water kefir grains for the children and milk kefir from milk kefir grains, in other words, the real deal. My wife and I notice the hair, skin, and nail difference while consuming these fantastic drinks. I travel much and take the capsules and do notice the difference. Milk kefir allows for great smoothie's in the morning, milk kefir, almond butter, coconut oil, a little vanila, and a dash of flax seed, very delicious.

You'll never see the light if you're in someone else's shadow, or said another way, life is like a dog sled team, if you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes

Ecala is offline Junior Member

[quote]

When I specifically buy probiotics I buy the Jarrow brand at the health food store. It&#39;s in the refrigerated section (orange box, Jarro-dophilus EPS). It&#39;s about $17 for 60 capsules.</blockquote>

I take this one too. I like it.

pratster Guest

Jarro it is , thanks for you recomendation guys - Pratt

shastagirl Guest

just incase your still checking i got this from my chiropractor who also practices natural health and preaches primal living.

Nutri-West Total Probiotics. 120 Capsules i think it cost me around 40 dollars. i had quite bad ibs until i started taking them and getting regular adjustments and altering my diet. my flareups are all gone now.

http://www.nutri-west.com/home/index.htm