Thread: Gymnastic Rings Question page

Gymnastic Rings Question

Primal Fuel
    I just bought Essential Rings 2.0
    What workouts can I do with them and how often? I lift weights twice a week along with water sprinting, daily walking and baseball. Would a ring workout take the place of LHT or HIIT? Or can I incorporate some ring moves into my LHT days. For the LHT i alternate between deadlifts, inverted rows, thrusters, squats, push up and pull ups.
    Thanks!

Velocity is offline Senior Member
    Go to the forum for Building the Gymnastic Body -- click here. There are tons of WODs, exercises, progressions, etc., to learn. (Also consider getting the book.)
    Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
    -- Blaise Pascal

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Also look on youtube for suspension trainer or TRX workout videos for more ideas. The TRX is very similar concept to rings, but with different handles.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Your answers will be answered when you try anything on the rings. Rings are a strength tool, I can't fathom how you would do HIIT on rings.

TimBell is offline Senior Member
    Hey,

Rings can be used for strength training, static strength training, and HIIT as well believe it or not! They're a very versatile piece of equipment, you can do tons of pull up and dip variations, muscle ups, static holds like L-sits, front levers, back levers, the iron cross, even planche work! All of those are excellent strength building exercises. As for HIIT, you can use them for assisted jump squats, assisted jumping pistol squats, ring push ups, ring flys , and a lot of other stuff ... just let your imagination take you!!

Thanks guys that really helps. I'll post back when they come in and try them out.

szorn is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by krzyskillz67 View Post
    I just bought Essential Rings 2.0
    What workouts can I do with them and how often? I lift weights twice a week along with water sprinting, daily walking and baseball. Would a ring workout take the place of LHT or HIIT? Or can I incorporate some ring moves into my LHT days. For the LHT i alternate between deadlifts, inverted rows, thrusters, squats, push up and pull ups.
    Thanks!
    Here is a free ebook-
    http://www.stemlerfit.com/userimages...iningGuide.pdf

Use them in both LHT and HIIT or alternate movements and workouts.