Thread: "The Best Speech You Will Ever See" Not for me... page

jspradley is offline Senior Member

"The Best Speech You Will Ever See" Not for me...

Shop Now
    YouTube - ‪Best Speech You Will Ever Hear - Gary Yourofsky‬‏

Have any of you guys seen this? This guy is GOOD at stirring up emotion and throwing around some really bad "science".....

Grok is offline Senior Member
    This hour long video is about a vegan who tries to convince you that eating animals is bad for you because of cruelty that exists at CAFOs.

He is just angry and misguided. I don't eat animals from CAFOs, so most of his rant doesn't apply to me.

His nutritional "information" is quite comedic as well...

brahnamin is offline Senior Member
    Why do Vegetarians try to convert other people to their WoE?

Because Misery Loves Company

Quote Originally Posted by brahnamin View Post
    Why do Vegetarians try to convert other people to their WoE?

Because Misery Loves Company

I wouldn't say they are necessarily miserable so much as "not even wrong". When ethical precepts are a factor in deciding what you stuff in your mouth then no amount of evidence to the contrary can dissuade you. It's classic true believer mentality.

Grok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grok View Post
    I don't eat animals from CAFOs, so most of his rant doesn't apply to me.
    As for the other parts where he says eating animals is murder. Well, I have absolutely no problems with that. That is simply nature, and to deny nature is to deny your very existence.

To argue that humans are not supposed to eat animals because we don't eat them raw like other predators is flawed. I've heard this argument before from banana boy. It's probably a mantra for all vegans.

Humans are a unique species because we have killed off or possibly breaded with all other species like ourselves. How many other species walk on two legs, or have a spoken language, or use tools to kill their prey? The only other species with similar traits are all extinct.

If you take his arguments to a logical extreme, we should not be walking on two legs because no other animals walk on two legs, and we should not talk or use computers because no other animals do so. His logic is extremely flawed.

If you placed an apple and cooked braised rabbit in front of young child, I bet the child will go for the meat instead of the fruit. Just because we do not eat raw live rabbit does not mean we are not adopted to eat meat. No other animal uses tools to kill their prey, so you cannot make a logical comparison between humans and other animals.

Quote Originally Posted by Grok View Post
    As for the other parts where he says eating animals is murder. Well, I have absolutely no problems with that. That is simply nature, and to deny nature is to deny your very existence.

To argue that humans are not supposed to eat animals because we don't eat them raw like other predators is flawed. I've heard this argument before from banana boy. It's probably a mantra for all vegans.

Humans are a unique species because we have killed off or possibly breaded with all other species like ourselves. How many other species walk on two legs, or have a spoken language, or use tools to kill their prey? The only other species with similar traits are all extinct.

If you take his arguments to a logical extreme, we should not be walking on two legs because no other animals walk on two legs, and we should not talk or use computers because no other animals do so. His logic is extremely flawed.

If you placed an apple and cooked braised rabbit in front of young child, I bet the child will go for the meat instead of the fruit. Just because we do not eat raw live rabbit does not mean we are not adopted to eat meat. No other animal uses tools to kill their prey, so you cannot make a logical comparison between humans and other animals.
    Babies also don't walk...so we should all crawl around. This guy is VERY good at eliciting an emotional response...but his facts are way off base.

brahnamin is offline Senior Member
    He really should be spending at least part of his time preaching to lions, wolves, sharks, and other carnivores.

I am an omnivore. I eat omni.