Thread: Primal Journal- Primalpoop page

paleopoop is offline Junior Member

Primal Journal- Primalpoop

Shop Now
    Ok, so I've been skirting around really committing to this for the past 6 days. Id say Ive actually done pretty well for those 6 days considering what a high carb/sugar/sweetner lifestyle it was I was living before I decided to hit this thing. I have been struggling post-starvation mode for a long time, I was very ill with a stomach disorder that sent me very very very underweight, and since gaining weight my body has been all over the place, I have an out of whack body fat percentage, i store fat if I so much look at bread and despite a HELL OF A LOT of cardio I couldnt seem to drop it, oh, and I crave sugar like I will die without it. So enough is enough. I lived about 2 years in ketosis very very happily and I would like to get back to somewhere near there, with less hunger, less desperate need to eat and a leaner body mass.

From this moment on, I commit for the next 30 days, and beyond.

This WILL be a big battle for me, I come from the 'scared of fat but getting fat anyway' camp, I generally dislike hot food and cooking so I am taking on the challenge of dealing with that head on. I truly believe that I will have a better, happier life if I can.

I will be taking a low nut/fruit stance for a bit to see how I go for the first two weeks with the intention of adding them in after that.

Here goes everything...

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome. If you fight your way through the carb craving, Primal can be a very easy ride.

You don't have to go into ketosis but you need to keep your carbs between about 50 and 100 per day.

You don't have to eat a huge amount of fat, but you need enough to feel satisfied by meals - saturated and monounsaturated.

It sounds like big-assed salads are in your future. Make sure to include olive oil/avocados/cheese (if you tolerate it)/cold meats/hard boiled eggs and other fat and protein. You gotta get some fat.

Good luck. Come here for support. You can do it!
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.