Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5 Days in :) page

4guysand3gals is offline Junior Member

5 Days in :)

Hell to all,
    My name is Missy, I am 38. I have struggled with weight most of my life. About 7-8 years ago I weighed about 280 lbs at 5ft4. I decided to make some changes. I started eating better. Joined a food Co-op. 5 years ago became vegetarian. Over a few years weight slowly came off and about 2 1/2 years ago at about 230 lbs I joined the gym. I am now at 164lbs. I have consistently worked out 2 hours a day 4-5 days a week strength training and cardio. I have been at a stand still for many months and am still trying to be the best me I can be and I am not there yet. This is a lifestyle now, not just about weight loss. Its about being strong and healthy. I have been able to maintain with great success. These last few weeks I have realized that there is room for much growth is my diet which contain way too much potatoes, grain and bread. I have been reading with interest for months and 5 days ago decided cold turkey to make these changes.
    5days in and I feel well. The first day I had a headache and oddly I have experienced absolutely no bloating like I normally do. I have been peeing excessively too. 2 lbs lost
    Looking forward to meeting people and gaining as much information as I can absorb. Very excited.

Hi Missy,

Congratulations on your impressive achievements. I hope you like the Primal way of life as much as I do. I too no longer have any bloating :-)

Probably the best thing for me has been totally believing that this is a life change - not a diet.

Glad you are here.

Marta

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Missy. Are you still doing all the cardio and weights? You will get better results with short intense weights and sprints, and lots of slower than cardio activity.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    Welcome to the club! So life is sweet after just 5 days? Well it only gets better! If you ever have any question about ANYTHING then just start a thread in the forum. You will more than likely receive an answer within one hour.

Good luck on your journey!
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Well the last few weeks I have been breaking away from the gym except for lifting which I do as heavy as possible. I am realizing I am never gonna get there on those cardio machines. They have helped me get to where I am but now I am capable of doing so much more and now know I am not limited to activity. I take to the outside now and jump rope, I have a tire that I use for lots of things. squats, lunges and working hard at push ups. First time ever I was able to muster out 21..7,6, 4 and 4.
    I am not the best at running or sprinting. I am not sure if I am not breathing properly or what?

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Definitely read some of the 101 stuff about exercise. The cool part (well, one at least) is that doing hours of cardio every day is actually frowned on because it can make your body too stressed for too long. You get to relax a bit!

Peeing a lot, if you're being good about eating Primal, is probably just water loss and should go away pretty quickly. There are a lot of strange things you might notice, but the vast majority of them are pretty normal. Check out some of the threads and you'll notice people talking about poop and pee all the time. Cool recipes on here too.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 4guysand3gals View Post
    I am not the best at running or sprinting. I am not sure if I am not breathing properly or what?
    You don't have to be good in the sense of being fast. Sprinting is whatever gets you out of breath with your tongue hanging out. Jumping rope is fine. "Sprint" 30 seconds as fast as you can go. Move slowly for 90 seconds. Repeat for a total of 8 reps. Do this once or twice a week. If you can sprint more often than that, you are not sprinting fast enough.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

I think today is day 10 and still going strong...I found a meal I could eat every day and I have lost 5lbs. It in the past literally has taken me a month to lost 5 lbs. No cheats. I need to order the book cause I am confused about some things like butter and cheese which at this point I have chosen not to eat. I am not experiencing any hunger, still no bloating..actually I feel great.

belinda is offline Senior Member
    If you're not eating butter and cheese, that's ok! Lots of PB'ers don't eat dairy. Just make sure you're getting other good fats in your diet: olive oil, avocado, tallow, ghee, bacon fat...
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

21 days and 12 lbs down

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I am very excited and so excited about the changes in my body. I eat some of the same meals every day but it seems to be the easiest.
    Good variety of the veggies but typically morning time is two eggs with veggies. Nuts and fruit of choice for snacks. Big salad for lunch or green beans with almonds and dinners have had variety with shrimp. My favorite so far has been stuffed mushrooms with cashew cheese, sauce and veggies on top. The only thing I have indulged in is I found a salad dressing
    Simply Dressed® Ranch Salad Dressing- GLUTEN FREE
    but considering the ingredients in other dressing it does not seem so bad and I only have 1 tablespoon.
    I am just in shocks the changes I have seen. No bloating, my food cravings are not uncontrollable and I just am not experiencing hunger like I have which seem like forever.
    My only guilt in 21 days was licking the salt of a dill pickle potato chip. lol
    10 days left for 31 days but honestly this seem like a further adjustment to make in my lifestyle.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast