Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Low-carb bread page

Edje Noh is offline Senior Member

Low-carb bread

Primal Fuel
    I work in a store next to a local bakery store. Today I just had to laugh when I saw one of their discounts: "Low-carb bread".
    Is this their attempt to get the low-carbers back to their stores?
    LOL, think again, low carb or not, low-nutritional value birdseed all the same

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Low carb baked goods were very popular in the heyday of Atkins. Or one of the many heydays of Atkins I should say.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

My diabetic mother still buys gross low-carb bread sliced so thin that it turns into a cracker when toasted. At that point, I would've given up...then again, I did anyway.

I just can't seem to get through to her, what with her CW doctors brainwashing her with crappy CW health advice. Maybe in a year. At this rate I'll have lost all the weight and packed on the muscle. Without her silly bread.

Conner P. is offline Senior Member
    After a few weeks without bread, I realized how nasty it really is. Bread is more about convenience than nutrition or flavor...all hail the almighty sandwich. Convenience leads to familiarity leads necessity.

Digby is offline Senior Member
    Okay, I confess. Maybe once a month I want an old-fashioned Rueben which I make with a vlc bread--no taste, it's true-- called Carb Krunchers multigrain, has 2 carbs per slice, which is griiled in butter, piled with local deli-made pastrami, swiss cheese, sauerkraut, my homemade 1000 Island dressing. And, hang me for this, I enjoy every crispy, drippy, greasy mouthful. The bread freezes for ages since it is mostly fiber. This is my in 20%, so I do limit to no more than once a month.
    Last edited by Digby; 07-03-2011 at 05:44 AM.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

DFH
    DFH is offline Senior Member
    There are still a lot of people that want to eat the same way, with just less carbs. This opens the market for a ton of weird stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by DFH View Post
    There are still a lot of people that want to eat the same way, with just less carbs. This opens the market for a ton of weird stuff.
    Agreed! During my pre-primal low carb days I tried lots of them, most are awful, and rely heavily on soy, and way too much of artificial sweeteners. I realized I had to give up on the faux foods, at least 95% of them.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Comments about carby foods being tasteless or disgusting crap always bewilder me. What kind of bread are you eating? Wonder Bread? Good bread is delicious. At least a billion people agree with me.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Melody is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedonist View Post
    Comments about carby foods being tasteless or disgusting crap always bewilder me. What kind of bread are you eating? Wonder Bread? Good bread is delicious. At least a billion people agree with me.
    for real. i can't eat it because it hurts too badly, but bread is one of the yummiest things ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedonist View Post
    I loved bread; made much of my own for years, and could probably take down half a loaf of really good cranberry-pecan whole grain bread from Whole Foods in hurry. Bread was the hardest for me, not most other stuff. But it doesn't love me back, so we are through.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast