Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: yes.. its a serious question page

swalker is offline Member

yes.. its a serious question

Primal Fuel
    This may have been asked before.. but I was thinking about this and I'm kind of curious.

If i only ate grass fed meats and only wild caught seafoods (with the exception of shell fish as i understand farmed shelfish is still "wild") would i really be missing THAT many nutrients? Wouldn't the vitamins/minerals that the animal consumed be passed down to me?

The LSD guy who died in a car wreck earlier this year apparently had a meat only diet... I was just kind of wondering if anyone else had tried this or any information on it?

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    If you eat organ meats, you should be ok, in theory.

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Yep, eat the offals and you should be covered. It's really hard to cover all the bases, but it is a lot better than the SAD anyway.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Sudenveri is offline Senior Member
    Yes, but you need to eat EVERYTHING. Marrow, heart, liver, kidneys, brain, thymus, stomach contents...everything. I'd rather eat the veggies.

lizzychan5 is offline Senior Member
    native American Indians munched on the intestines of the buffalo that they caught with some of the partially digested grasses still inside. Even if you eat the whole animal, you'll still get your veggies in there somewhere.

swalker is offline Member
    I've been looking for grass fed beef heart for like two months. The guys at the central market AND whole foods meat counters looked at me like I was crazy told me no and to go to the mexican grocers. I went to the mexican grocers, they said they will order it but its not grass fed and I have to get 60 lbs of it.

I said no.

I haven't given up hope yet!

Mike in Virginia is offline Senior Member
    This thread reminds me of times on my uncle's farm. When they killed a chicken and ate it, my uncle loved the brain and eyes. He considered them a delicacy...I was grossed out. lol. wish I could try them now. I mean, how primal can you get???
    Live your life and love your life. It's the only one you get.

Sanctus Real is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by swalker View Post
    I've been looking for grass fed beef heart for like two months. The guys at the central market AND whole foods meat counters looked at me like I was crazy told me no and to go to the mexican grocers.
    Have you Binged or Googled it yet? That's where I've found all my resources for eating primally.
    Motherhood: When changing from pj pants to yoga pants qualifies as 'getting dressed'.

Melody is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by swalker View Post
    I've been looking for grass fed beef heart for like two months. The guys at the central market AND whole foods meat counters looked at me like I was crazy told me no and to go to the mexican grocers. I went to the mexican grocers, they said they will order it but its not grass fed and I have to get 60 lbs of it.

I said no.

I haven't given up hope yet!
    rehoboth, juha ranch, paidom. all local grassfed organic beef. i am picking up a calf's heart tomorrow morning at the dallas farmer's market from juha. google those names, i'm too lazy to link them for you. they have all the organs you could possibly need from a variety of animals.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    only concern is the constant state of low, or rather zero carb that such a diet would entail. Sure there are no essential carbs (meaning you can live without them) but the adjustment period might take forever and how realistic of a life is that too? Unless you were still open to the idea of eating vegs when out with others or what have you, but never again?

Also, "that LSD guy" is The Bear, and yeah, he used to make LSD. An account by a friend of his said that sometimes just being around the stuff when you made it would get you high for days, so all due respect to the memory of The Bear, I can't look at him as a legitimate source of information given that he was probably pretty strung out. I've read his site, and the fact that he says all vegetation is "non-food" and "poisonous" makes it pretty tough to believe him or want to emulate his diet. On the flip side though, supposedly his health was pretty good.

You might also want to read "Adventures in Diet" by Vilhjalmur Steffansson (I killed both the first and last name) it's a very short read, just a few pages, but if you're considering a meat-only diet, or a stint in it, it's worth it. I also have a PDF of "Fat of the Land" which is the book he wrote. I haven't gotten around to read it yet. I was very interested in LC but have actually turned around to fully embrace primal carbs and finding that I feel much better than when I was constantly LC. I can send you a copy of that through e-mail if you like.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast