Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm officially better! The back report! page

PrimalK is offline Junior Member

Shop Now

Just got back from my physio session an hour ago (ish).

I can go back to the gym!!! Result!

I can do weights (but lighter ones). I can get back on my bike (as long as I stick to the road for now, no off-roading). I am freeeeeee!

Seriously, he was very pleased with my progress and with all of the work I've obviously been doing (every day, three times a day) to get myself better.

One more week of the medication at it's lowest level and that's it, I am done with being 'sick'.

Of course I will take it easy, of course I will listen to my body, of course I will not try and do too much.

I absolutely never want to have to go through that again.

maba is offline Senior Member

Awesome PrimalK! Good to hear that!

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

Rock on! That's great news!

Acmebike is offline Member

Score!

I just had a session with a Crossfit coach and got my "form" on some lifts fine tuned, went down in the weights I lift. Just may have prevented an injury and am glad to have my position/form analyzed and tweaked. Seems good to check and re-check things (workouts, nutrition, sleep, all that Primal Jazz) from time to time.

I didn't read what got you injured in the first place, but so glad you got it licked!

Thanks all.

@DR - or indeed, Grok On! hehe...

@Acmebike - general wear and tear, lots of sitting in an office - getting older... No, I didn't have a specfic event that caused it, just an accumulation. But I think it's great that you've taken care of your form and dropped the weights a notch - that really could make the difference. I used to lift quite heavy things, so I'm having to really, really scale it back. Frustrating, but so much the best thing to do.

Revisiting everything you do is good - a spring clean, no matter what time of year!

go_ginger_go Guest

Wonderful news!! (And so glad to see you're back -- I knew you missed us -- hee.)

I am going to see another neurosurgeon next month about getting these rods out. I am hopeful that they might come out. Nothing like being horribly injured to make you realize how much you've been taking your body/health for granted....

@ggg - Thank you and thank you

Oh good luck with your neurosurgeon visit. I wasn't horribly injured, unlike yourself, but the pain really gave me a kick in the backside to not take things for granted. Now, I really appreciate the fact that I can walk properly (and actually better than I could even before I ended up getting really bad), and also stand up straight. I was leaning to the left and also hunched forward (how attractive!).

You take care x

go_ginger_go Guest

Well, you're an inspiration to me.

Wow! I must say, I feel extremely lucky to have recovered so quickly. It's not 100% yet, but 95% is good enough to build on and regain my strength that I've lost.

DebFM is offline Senior Member

Excellent, PK! Glad to hear it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast