Thread: Fading Scars page

bbgun is offline Junior Member

Fading Scars

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I was wondering if anyone has any tips or recommendations on how to fade scars. I recently had shingles - on my face. The blisters have healed nicely and the scabs are gone. Now I am left with some pretty dark spots on my face. Right now I am just moisturizing with coconut oil. Some have suggested Mederma, Bio-Oil or vitamin E.
    I know they will probably fade on their own in time but I was wondering if there was anything else I could do to minimize the scarring.

ElaineC is offline Senior Member
    Vitamin E and Bio-Oil worked well for the massive scar I have on my arm, from having a plate put in. I keloid scar, so its a nasty one - about 10 inches long and over an inch wide.
    Fighting fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain since 2002.

Big Fat Fiasco

Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs. ~J. Stanton

MrsToon is offline Senior Member
    Dilute lemon juice in water, apply to face. The acid helps take away layers of the scar, and it will lighten it over time.

Paleobird Guest
    Rooibos oil. Available online. From the South African plant that make rooibos (redbush) tea. I have more than my share of surgical scars and this stuff really works.

cocoandrico is offline Junior Member
    Aloe Vera gel works well. Aloe contains a concentrated mix of compounds that nourish skin and promote cellular turnover. For people with dry or sensitive skin, Aloe is a moisturizing alternative to peels and acidic topical treatments. There are lots of products out there that contain aloe, but you can also use it in its purest form- right from the cut leaf of the plant. For a facial mask recipe and more info on how to use Aloe to fade spots check out:
    See Spot disappear…with Aloe - We Love Aloe!