Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: A Question for Boxers and/or Martial Artists... page

  1. #1
    Rhyno's Avatar
    Rhyno is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    72

    A Question for Boxers and/or Martial Artists...

    Primal Fuel
    Does eating primal hurt your wind (cardio) when you train? Just curious as I'm about to start training boxing. Thanks for any advice or tips!!

  2. #2
    Grumpycakes's Avatar
    Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    3,592
    Nope. Do sprints once a week and your cardio will be fine.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

  3. #3
    Rhyno's Avatar
    Rhyno is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    72
    Right on man, thanks. What MA do you do, GC?

  4. #4
    lssanjose's Avatar
    lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Tigard, OR
    Posts
    1,491
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhyno View Post
    Does eating primal hurt your wind (cardio) when you train? Just curious as I'm about to start training boxing. Thanks for any advice or tips!!
    Nope! As to your follow up question; although i know you were addressing GC, I'm taking Judo/MMA/Jits, and Muay Thai. I also do my primary art of JKD on the side

  5. #5
    Hunt3R's Avatar
    Hunt3R is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Winter Park, FL
    Posts
    90
    Hurt? More like help. I don't kickbox anymore except to play around and get some exercise on a bag, but if I had known how to eat like this when I was younger... I did get a friend of mine who competes in grappling to switch to primal and he swears it's the best thing he ever did to get in shape.

  6. #6
    lssanjose's Avatar
    lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Tigard, OR
    Posts
    1,491
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunt3R View Post
    Hurt? More like help. I don't kickbox anymore except to play around and get some exercise on a bag, but if I had known how to eat like this when I was younger... I did get a friend of mine who competes in grappling to switch to primal and he swears it's the best thing he ever did to get in shape.
    I concur!

  7. #7
    Grumpycakes's Avatar
    Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    3,592
    I used to do Krav Maga and would love to get into it again.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

  8. #8
    Winterbike's Avatar
    Winterbike is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    512
    Going high-carbs helps me a lot with BJJ. I recuperate faster and feel better. I'm very active though, and pretty lean. I generally eat low-carbs without thinking about it, and my performance starts to diminish a lot after 4-5 days in a row of grappling if I'm not careful.

  9. #9
    judoka's Avatar
    judoka is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterbike View Post
    Going high-carbs helps me a lot with BJJ. I recuperate faster and feel better. I'm very active though, and pretty lean. I generally eat low-carbs without thinking about it, and my performance starts to diminish a lot after 4-5 days in a row of grappling if I'm not careful.
    What he said. You need to make sure you keep your carbs up post workout (assuming you train at a high level) and the meals afterwards to recover properly and actually have energy

  10. #10
    NomadRip's Avatar
    NomadRip is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    57
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Frank Mir just switched to a Paleo-style diet after a failed vegetarian experiment. He feels much better.
    -James
    Just a n00b

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •