Thread: Ipad App for Recipes page

suseyb is offline Junior Member

Ipad App for Recipes

Primal Fuel
    Have any of you found a good ipad app for your recipes? I am getting great recipes from here, other places on the web, and a new to me menu mailer and I would like to compile them someplace. I would also really like the app to put together a grocery list for me as well, but that may be too much to ask. I'd be willing to spend some $ on the app, but don't want to plunk down any $ until I find one that works.

I'd really like to be able to use my ipad in my kitchen and just read the recipes from the ipad.

Susie

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    I use Paprika all the time. Works great and it is actually "smart" enough to recognize recipes on some sites (allrecipes.com is one of them) and it will download everything appropriately if you want it to.
    There are some drawbacks to it (as there are with all software of this type) but it works great for what I am doing. The biggest thing that I wish it would do is import PDF files. I have some great cookbooks (Gourmet Nutrition) that I want to get in there, but it's a pain in the ass.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

nicoleah is offline Member
    I use Google Docs for my recipes on my home computer so I can easily share with family. You made me curious so I did a quick search in the app store on my iPhone. There are several apps out there for accessing (and editing) Google docs for iPhone/iPad. I'll have to check them out later at home tonight (so far GoDocs looks promising.)

EricS is offline Member
    Google has a mobile version of docs already with no app needed http://docs.google.com/m

suseyb is offline Junior Member
    I downloaded Paprika and put in a week's worth of dinner recipes. My only problem so far is that it doesn't combine all of the ingredients for me. I can do it on my own, but would like to have the software do it for me. It is kind of cumbersome to work, but seems to be ok.

Susie