Thread: I need a primal onion ring recipe! page

Anyone? They are my weakness.

primal_jessjane is offline Senior Member

You know, I've always wanted to try them with crumbled pork rinds. I can't seem to find a recipe on it, but I saw something similiar done with cheese...Why not onions? I'd try softening the onions a little in a skillet, cover them with some egg and oil to make them a little sticky, and then coat with the rinds and bake 'em 'til crispy...Could work, why not?

grandma is offline Member

OMG! me too! Someone walked by me with some the other day. I went home and made onion soup it wasn't quite the same thing.

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

with things like that I think I'd rather just indulge infrequently... but have the real thing.

Like, I don't think any substitute pizza crust is going to do it for me (though I'm perfectly fine just eating the cheese/toppings)...no cauliflower almond flour egg concoction will ever be the same as a greasy floppy thin piece of crust.

And pork rinds don't seem like they would ever take the place of puffy onion ring batter...

but I guess I'm not as primal as some of y'all...

It's ok though because I don't have junk food too often. I can't remember my last onion ring. But dang they're good.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

grandma is offline Member

I would tend to agree with you FNW. My tendency would be to be avoid the fry oil more than the batter.

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Mm fry it up in tallow or something.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.