Thread: Hello to all the Grok's out there!!! page

fra0039 is offline Member

Hello to all the Grok's out there!!!

Shop Now
    Hello everybody, let me introduce myself before getting active in the forum.

I am 32 year old, from Italy and consider myself kind of expert about nutrition and fitness, having read (and selectively followed) several books, websites and pubblications on the topics. I tried a bit of everything, fat-loss, bulking, HIIT, different sports, low fat, high fat, low carb, high carb... And got pretty good results out of all this (1 digit body fat %, overall fitness level and most of all loads of fun), until I kind of injured myself at the gym trying to bulk a bit too much (had not heard yet about PB laws 9 and 10 ). After that I spent way too long without any significant physical activity and letting also my diet deteriorate. I am now since a few months on a new program (from Lou Schuler, hope I am allowed to say that...) that has finally brought me back on the right track.

I have to say that when I decided to read the PB, I was not really expecting much out of it, not because I doubted the quality of the book but simply because I had already read so much about fitness and nutrition. I was instead positively surprised; even if many of the concepts were not new to me (avoid processed carbs, avoid chronic cardio, it is all about insulin...) and I am still a bit sceptical about other ones (avoid also whole grains, eat when you are hungry and do not count calories...), I found the book extremely interesting and fascinating (if Mark decides to write a novel about Grok I will be the first one to buy it!).

So, after this short introduction you will see me pretty often writing in this great forum (have already been reading it since a few days) and trying to live primal as well!!

Ferti is offline Senior Member
    Welcome. You come from a great place for real (slow) food.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome. I hope you will share your knowledge.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.