Thread: Banana Coconut pancakes page

Betho is offline Senior Member

Banana Coconut pancakes

Primal Fuel
    Well, this is my first! Been primal for 2 weeks but I have a family pancake breakfast coming up so I thought I'd make up something for myself to keep me away from the regular pancakes everyone else will be having. My experiment turned out to be a success!

Banana Coconut Pancakes
    • 1 mashed banana
    • 1/2 cup finely shredded unsweetened coconut
    • 1/2 cup tapioca flour
    • 1/2 tsp baking powder
    • 1 egg
    • 1/2 cup heavy cream (I imagine coconut milk would be fine here)

Mix the dry ingredients together to make sure the baking powder is well mixed and then add the rest. Cook 'em in butter or your fat of choice. These look just like regular pancakes and are pretty close in texture, maybe a little bit gummy because of all the banana. I ate them just plain today but I bet they'd be great with some almond butter or crushed fruit of some sort.

IndigoBanshee is offline Senior Member
    Those sound really good. I tried the MDA coconut pancakes, and they felt a bit dense to me. Tasted okay, but I think I might like yours better for real pancake 'feel'.

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    Those sound great! I have enjoyed the coconut pancakes from the recipe on this blog a few times. I don't do anything like pancakes really anymore.

Diane Sanfilippo has a sweet potato pancake recipe: Easy Recipe: Sweet Potato Pancakes | Balanced Bites | Holistic & Paleo Nutrition Coaching & Seminars
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

dr_mike is offline Junior Member
    thank you Betho!
    I made banana coconut pancakes with your recipe. they were delicious and a big hit with my family!

Rivvin is offline Senior Member
    How many decently sized pancakes does this make? 95 or so carbs for that recipe is a lot, even for me, and I eat pretty high carb.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivvin View Post
    How many decently sized pancakes does this make? 95 or so carbs for that recipe is a lot, even for me, and I eat pretty high carb.
    It's about enough for my daughter and I to have about 3 or 4 each, if I remember correctly. I have made the same recipe with only half a banana and it tastes just about the same, FWIW. I've been doubling the recipe but still just using one banana and had more than enough for myself and my two daughters. I'm not watching my carbs at all but I imagine you could reduce the carbs by subbing out some almond meal and/or coconut flour. Tapioca is just so WAY cheaper around here.
    Last edited by Betho; 07-31-2011 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mike View Post
    thank you Betho!
    I made banana coconut pancakes with your recipe. they were delicious and a big hit with my family!
    Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed them. My kids keep asking me to make them for lunch, almost every single day... lol