Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primal IF page

mikecheliak is offline Junior Member

I have been doing Intermittent fasting for a while using Brad Pilon's Eat Stop Eat guidelines. I have always enjoyed the IF and felt good during the fasting period.

I just started my Primal Blueprint lifestyle change a couple weeks ago. I did the slow progression into it and have felt really good.

Today (starting at 7PM last night) was my first IF since starting the Primal change. All I can say is WOW! I have NEVER felt this good during a fast. There has always been moments of "hunger" during my IF in the past but not today. I haven't wanted anything all day. Plain green tea and water are the only two things I have ingested since 7PM last night and I haven't even thought of food or hunger since.

I am not sure if it can be attributed to the Primal Blueprint nutrition but this truly is the first time I have felt completely at ease during a fast.

Feel free to share your thoughts on this or challenge yourself to do a fast once you are settled into the primal nutrition lifestyle!

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

Definitely is due to the primal way of eating...

Fasting is pretty comfortable for me too. Sometimes I get a little "tummy rumble" around mealtimes, but it's habit-"hunger" not actual hunger... and I can easily do a 24 hour fast.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Cubical Inmate Guest

@ mikecheliak

What is your IF schedule? Sorry I'm not familiar with the eat stop eat methodology. In the short search that I did it seems that it is very flexible. Just curious.

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

I've been IF'ing every single day (~20 hours) for a little over a week and I feel great. I don't even get hungry anymore, and I have a lot more free time;. It doesn't even feel like fasting anymore! It's fantastic how I adapted to this so quickly: I never thought I could go so long without eating! I'm probably going to stick to one-meal a day for all my life.

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

primal_jessjane is offline Senior Member

Why do you guys personally fast?

Fasting for me is an additional tool to help control my nutrition. It helps in a leaning out phase and also gives you ownership over hunger and cravings. It is pretty liberating.

As to how I fast with ESE, it is very basic. Choose a time of day to stop eating (I usually choose just after dinner 6-7 PM). You do not consume any calories (including chewing gum, breath mints...). I only drink water and plain unsweetened green tea during my fast. Fast for a complete 24 hours from the time you last eat until the next feeding. As a word of caution, you may want to have an early dinner on your fast start day so you can have a very controlled "break-fast" meal. I try to have something like fruit and nuts and then wait a couple hours to have a good meal but still a normal sized primal meal. Tonight I had leftover lambchops and a salad.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

Outside of some Thanksgiving indulging and general snacking, I&#39;ve been doing a daily 22-hour IF for the last couple of weeks.

One meal a day works out great for me, especially with my work schedule now.

1) It saves time.

2) It saves money.

3) It restricts calories.

4) It burns fat.

5) I feel totally energetic.

mstrudle is offline Member

I&#39;ve been following Warrior Diet guidelines off and on since July... for the last few months have just been cutting breakfast and not eating until around noon, but now I am back to a full daily fast and am feeling pretty good. All day during school I was awake and alert with no drowsiness, and after the early morning my hunger mostly subsided and I didn&#39;t start eating until 8 PM, about 22 hours without food. I also went to a pretty intense wrestling practice and I felt even less hungry than before.

All in all, a good experience. My mother won&#39;t stop worrying though .

primal_jessjane is offline Senior Member

Is this ideal, though? I know smaller meals are reccomended, since even a meal only high in fat and protein can still have an effect on insulin given the size of the meal...Personally, I feel much better after a good hearty meal rather than hours after I&#39;ve eaten breakfast, even though my carb intake generally (incidently) lands between 50-75g a day. I won&#39;t necessarily feel very hungry, just kind of spacey. What would you guestimate your calorie intake is for a pre-fast meal? I&#39;ve tried fasting, but I don&#39;t really find it too important...Not something I&#39;d really stress to do...I think I&#39;d be a little nervous if I started losing any more weight, which seems to be the main intention of a fast, correct?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Fasting for sure is a weight loss tool and you don&#39;t really need to adopt that into your nutritional plan. Once I hit my happy weight using the Primal Blueprint and IF, I will likely give up the IF unless I need it out of convenience. Sometimes I am on remote photo shoots for an entire day so that may be handy...I will however ensure I refeed adequately.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast