Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What natural predispositions made Primal feasable for you? page

Knifegill is offline Senior Member

What natural predispositions made Primal feasable for you?

I won't lie. I'm having an easy time of losing weight and eating Primal. Some reasons that might be factors in this:

I've always been physically antsy, so moving all day, sprinting and lifting is easy and fun for me.

I don't believe in boredom. Too busy.

I find flavors of food to be characteristics, not positive or negative. I find overcooked liver to be full of flavor and of good, firm texture. I love chewy meat like jerky.

Eating raw greens comes just as easily. I smell it, put it into my mouth in whole form, move my jaws and push it down my throat. No problem. Ever. I actually want to slap people who talk about food having "Bad" versus "Good" flavor. It's just a flavor. Choose to enjoy it. It's not difficult to override your brain and rewire it like things. Just do it.

I'm around 1/16 native american, which may play a role in how well I metabolize meat and fats. But I'm still white, so my skin takes up plenty of vitamin D when I go outside.

Anybody think of a few Primal helping hands they were dealt at birth?

Primal Fist is offline Senior Member
    It might be a good plan to realise that your experience with flavour is highly unusual, and other people not sharing in that is probably not grounds for slappage.

But in answer to your question (kind of) I'm the opposite. I love and hate a variety of flavours, I get bored easily, and haven't always been physically active, so I have to work at this a great deal. Perhaps that's better, in some ways.

Winterbike is offline Senior Member
    I never really liked the taste of sugar. Younger, I'd ask my mom not to make cake for my birthdays because I didn't like it.

I've got good instincts with food. I just smell stuff, add a bit of this and a bit of that, and it tastes better than the food most people I know make. I helped a great deal in seducing the wife hehe.

I have an easy time blocking my emotions. It mostly sucks, because it's something I've got to work on every day and I needed a couple of meetings with a shrink to resolve it, but it also comes with a positive side: when I want to change a habit, I change it. I remember being 14 and deciding I would stop drinking sodas and exercise more. I did it right there. At that age, it always puzzled me why older people couldn't do that. A part of me still feels like that.

I'm creative and think outside the box. I always was the guy with the crazy ideas amongst my friends, long before I heard about paleo. Now, when they hear I raise yellow mealworms or sleep on the floor, they just say ''hey, typical you''. My parents weren't that much surprised when I brought a girl home for the first time and said ''I've met her two months ago. By the way, we're getting married''.

localad is offline Senior Member
    Not quite food but helpful: my first cigarette (age 8, behind the bike shed at school) made me feel so ill I never tried another!
    activate the rhythm, the rhythm that has always been within

Betho is offline Senior Member
    i like meat I'm a good and creative cook. I'm not a lazy person and I have pretty good self-control.

It helps that when I over-ate, I didn't crave things like potato chips, I often craved things like a burger.

I love protein foods: steak, burgers, eggs

I like a variety of veggies

Joanne
    In the midst of a mid-life-chrysalis

My Blog

gojirama is offline Senior Member
    I like real food, I like being omnivorous, I'm active, I'm intolerant to dairy, gluten, and peanuts.
    I blog :http://raisinggodzillas.blogspot.com/
    Like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/...17134571662261
    "We have all the food groups- meat and chocolate".

IndigoBanshee is offline Senior Member
    I like most food, including pretty much all veggies. And I adore coconut. My whole diet could be made of coconut, and I'd be thrilled. I'm also allergic to corn, so I've never eaten any corn products.

I also tend to be pretty adventurous with food, and I'm having fun cooking.

Lira is offline Member
    I love meat more than I loved baked goods. Love fresh veggies and real food in general.

Never had a huge sweet tooth.

Have the ability to make extreme changes without tons of stress.

Love lifting weights. Like running but don't do it habitually because it wears out the body so fast and I didn't want to wreck my joints by age 40. Love being barefoot whenever possible.

Love to cook and make yogurts, cheeses, and nut butters at home.

Have a lot of energy and like to stay active.

Like holistic health. Like to know the science behind what is going on in my body.

Don't have a desperate need to conform. Don't think modernization is always a blessing (though it often is).

Griff is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm one stubborn sonofabitch. Not to mention that I have the advantage of severe wheat and gluten allergies and diabetes, which make me watch my blood sugar like a hawk and avoid anything that might make my arthritis, migraines, or IBS flare up (all allergy reactions to wheat and gluten). It's easier to do this when not doing it hurts.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast