Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Predator response? Days after my first real sprint, a new feeling. page

Knifegill is online now Senior Member

Predator response? Days after my first real sprint, a new feeling.

Primal Fuel
    So my muscles are all healed up from my first real sprint. I was leaving work and when the elevator opened into the parking garage, I stepped out and decided to listen closer. It was almost like meditation. I heard cars driving by four stories up at the road level. I heard a tiny squeak somewhere. Then, in the center of my storm of awareness, my skin started getting warm. My hands and face definitely get more blood flowing to them. My normally ropey hand veins seemed to get bigger than usual. And, a few seconds later, after I started walking a bit, I noticed my mouth salivating. Is there a set of predatory reactions that the body undergoes? Was it all in my head?

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, that happens. You'll eventually get violent urges too. If you go full on predator (by letting yourself feel these things, they can be suppressed) you'll get the urge to rip out throats with your teeth.
    It should be noted that if you don't suppress these feelings you get mad endorphin rushes. Your body will reward violent thoughts.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Stallion is offline Senior Member
    Unless you were bitten by a werewolf during your first maximal effort sprinting workout, I'm going to say it's all in your head. Either way, you might want to lock yourself in the basement on the next full moon.

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Hee hee. Oh, yeah. Sounds like fun. Also sounds like my high school experience.

Stallion, you sound yummy. Kidding!
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

otzi Guest
    Can you still see your reflection in the mirror? Want some garlic?

Stallion is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    Stallion, you sound yummy. Kidding!
    Aww shucks, Alex, I bet you say that to all the boys. LOL

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stallion View Post
    He does... it's kind of wierd... must think it's a different type of forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Stallion View Post
    Only the ones I can make a horse meat steak out of.

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    So my muscles are all healed up from my first real sprint. I was leaving work and when the elevator opened into the parking garage, I stepped out and decided to listen closer. It was almost like meditation. I heard cars driving by four stories up at the road level. I heard a tiny squeak somewhere. Then, in the center of my storm of awareness, my skin started getting warm. My hands and face definitely get more blood flowing to them. My normally ropey hand veins seemed to get bigger than usual. And, a few seconds later, after I started walking a bit, I noticed my mouth salivating. Is there a set of predatory reactions that the body undergoes? Was it all in my head?
    Actually, olympic sprinters are all well-known werewolves, running a few 100 meter sprints always has me eating my own poop and dry humping my buddy's leg. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast