Page 3 of 71 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: My Leptin Program & Menu Sharing page 3

Violette is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    My breakie today was: 4 oz bison patty, 2 eggs, bit of mushrooms and onions, 1/2 grapefruit. I looked back at photos of my previous B's and see that they were 2oz bison, 1 1/2 eggs, and 1/4c approx veggies. So, clearly not enough protein to take me to lunch. And it didn't! You really have to write it down or take photos of this stuff. I couldn't figure what was wrong because I thought I'd eaten the same before and been good to lunch.. The DIFFERENCE was just that I began to cut down the amount too much.

No eating after dinner last night. That was Day 2. I had emotional wanting to eat and habit type appetite but not too bad. No sugar cravings by now since I went off it (again) about 3 weeks ago.

If anybody wants to do this way of eating, I think reading the book really makes it clear Why and How...

And, I think I do need the reset, the more I read....

SugarBaby is offline Senior Member
    Violette (such a pretty name! do you say veeo-lette, or vyo-lette?): I used to be literally plagued by cravings. So I was really shocked that getting down that manly man's steak and eggs could make such a difference; I just don't get hungry and don't think about food all the freaking time. So I am sure I am leptin resistant, probably have been even when I was quite thin, based on sleep and such.
    WWW.SUGARAHOLICS.COM

I was a sugarbaby; meaning since I was born I was given lots of sugar, and ate lots of processed foods, especially sweets until I was into my thirties. Most people in the west were/are sugarbabies.

“How does today’s youngster educate his sense of taste? By submerging it in a sea of sugar from the time he gets up to the time he goes to bed.” W. Root and Richard DeRochemont, Eating in America (1976)

wylde_child is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SugarBaby View Post
    Happy 4th of July! Parade in Philadelphia just started so I won't make it since I'm an hour west. What happened to all the parades on the 4th in every little town??

I'm in the July 4th mood for some primal ice cream, so plan to do a coconut milk cocoa version later today.
    Sugarbaby, Do you sweeten your ice cream? If so, with what??

Digby is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wylde_child View Post
    I'm curious too. When I make ice cream it depends on the taste test, usually not, but if it seems to need a boost I will add 1/4c honey, or few drops of Now stevia. If very ripe banana is used, it will be plenty sweet enough for me.
    Last edited by Digby; 07-03-2011 at 12:56 PM.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

wylde_child is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Digby View Post
    I'm curious too. When I make ice cream it depends on the taste test, usually not, but if it seems to need a boost I will add 1/4c honey, or few drops of Now stevia. If very ripe banana is used, it will be plenty sweet enough for me.

Oooo, I'm thinking banana chocolate chip ice cream..... :-P

FairyRae is offline Senior Member
    Not sugarbaby (and not sure if she does any fruit, at all) but blending coconut milk, frozen strawberries, vanilla extract and stevia to taste is yummo to me! You can add 100% dark choc. chunks too...mmmm!
    My Before/After Pics
    Are you new here? Be sure to check these links FIRST, before reading anything on the forum! Succeed & PB 101

"I am a work in progress." -Ani DiFranco

Violette is offline Senior Member
    Hi SugarBaby,
    It's Vee-o-lette. Accent on the lette. Thanks, I like it too.

Yep on the protein curing the sugarblues. Today I probably needed more ptn at B cuz I got hungry in 3 hours. Gotta keep the counting ptn up and not slack off till I get a strong habit going.

I'm making chicken thighs for the 4th. No coconut for me. I remembered that it's pretty high in arginine and that's not for me. Prone to shingles virus.

Still easing into this leptin thing and tonite will be day 3 of not eating after dinner. I've got that going and the not eating until lunch. This is great. I noticed in the book today that I need to be careful not to eat too much at each meal so the old stomach will not stretch and be more hungry. That's the next thing for me to think about.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    My breakfast today was a 4 egg omelet with 2-3 oz sausage and 1oz sharp cheddar cheese. Lunch was some ham and cheese and dinner is grilled chicken, lemon broccoli and cottage cheese.
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by wylde_child View Post
    A little stevia if needed, or honey; pretty much what Digby said. Sometimes you don't need it. I think coconut milk is sometimes sweeter than others, so that makes a difference, too.
    WWW.SUGARAHOLICS.COM

I was a sugarbaby; meaning since I was born I was given lots of sugar, and ate lots of processed foods, especially sweets until I was into my thirties. Most people in the west were/are sugarbabies.

“How does today’s youngster educate his sense of taste? By submerging it in a sea of sugar from the time he gets up to the time he goes to bed.” W. Root and Richard DeRochemont, Eating in America (1976)

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    My breakfast today was a 4 egg omelet with 2-3 oz sausage and 1oz sharp cheddar cheese. Lunch was some ham and cheese and dinner is grilled chicken, lemon broccoli and cottage cheese.
    Lemon broccoli; is that steamed with a little lemon juice? Good menu for the day.
    WWW.SUGARAHOLICS.COM

Page 3 of 71 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast