Page 2 of 71 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: My Leptin Program & Menu Sharing page 2

Digby is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Thanks for the list, I'm going to pass on it on to some people who've been asking me about leptin diet.
    Food today:
    B-eggs, bacon, avocado
    L-2 Trader Joe's chili lime chicken patties
    D-egg & spinach scramble, goat cheese, carrots and peppers
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

SugarBaby is offline Senior Member
    I'm liking this leptin program better every day. I decided that I'm going to make a thermos of shake the night before in case of schedule changes that upset plans, like this morning, since I can always have it for lunch if I change my mind.

B: Pina Colada shake: vanilla protein powder, egg white protein, So Delicious coconut milk, 1/2 banana, 1/3c pineapple, blended with ice. Very tasty.
    L: boiled egg, fage yogurt
    D: grilling a big batch of burgers for tonight and a few days; all the fixings, plus cheddar cheese.
    WWW.SUGARAHOLICS.COM

I was a sugarbaby; meaning since I was born I was given lots of sugar, and ate lots of processed foods, especially sweets until I was into my thirties. Most people in the west were/are sugarbabies.

“How does today’s youngster educate his sense of taste? By submerging it in a sea of sugar from the time he gets up to the time he goes to bed.” W. Root and Richard DeRochemont, Eating in America (1976)

No plans for the holiday aside from maybe watching fireworks, not even for food, though grilling is frequent at my house.

B-steak, egg, cheddar melt
    L-Shrimp and avocado Salad
    D-chicken quarters grilled, Caprese salad, strawberries and cream (maybe on meringues if I get around to it)

From Mastering Leptin, by Byron Richards:
    These issues [cravings, urges to eat even when full] have little to do with willpower; the urge to eat is driven by a misguided sense of survival. This confused survival instinct is under the influence of leptin. This results in abnormal behavior and cravings for food. (Kindle Locations 1048-1050).
    WWW.SUGARAHOLICS.COM

I was a sugarbaby; meaning since I was born I was given lots of sugar, and ate lots of processed foods, especially sweets until I was into my thirties. Most people in the west were/are sugarbabies.

“How does today’s youngster educate his sense of taste? By submerging it in a sea of sugar from the time he gets up to the time he goes to bed.” W. Root and Richard DeRochemont, Eating in America (1976)

AnneArchy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SugarBaby View Post
    I find I do better starting with 40-50g of meat vs shakes. I put this list together for my son who's in college and wanted an easy list.

50+g Protein Breakfasts

(Season as you like, add low sugar fruits and vegetables.)

4oz sirloin steak 35g
    2 eggs 12g
    2 oz cottage cheese 6g

8oz ground beef 46g
    2oz cheddar cheese 14g

4oz pork chop 23g
    4oz Cottage cheese 12g
    3 Eggs hard boiled 18g

4oz Ham slice/cubes 16g
    4 eggs scrambled 36g
    1 oz cheddar cheese 7g

8oz cottage cheese 24g
    8oz greek yogurt 20g
    Blend together add 1 scoop flavored protein powder

1/4 quiche 34g
    8 slices Canadian bacon 20g

4 pieces regular-sliced bacon 12g
    3 eggs 18g
    Protein shake 1 scoop 24g

2 hard boiled eggs 12
    1cup kefir 8-14g (depends on brand & fat content)
    5 oz ground beef patty 29g

6oz chicken breast 42g
    1/2 c greek yogurt 10g
    (pour yogurt over chicken, add some salsa, heat through)

Protein Shakes

2 scoops of most varieties = 48-50g
    Mix egg white protein with flavored
    Add coconut milk and/or ice to blender to make a frozen shake

1 scoop 24g
    8oz yogurt 20g or 8oz cottage cheese
    Add enough water or coconut milk to thin if desired

2 scoops protein 48g
    1 raw farm-raised egg 6g (I wouldn’t use regular store eggs raw.)

Fruit adds flavor but little or no protein.

Quiche:

Basic recipe can be divided into muffin tins or a pie plate/quiche dish for wedges= 132g protein:
    10 eggs beaten well
    8oz cheese, gruyere, swiss, or you choice or mixed
    ˝ cup diced onion (or scallions, shallots)
    2T water (or cream or sour cream or yogurt)
    4 oz diced ham (bacon/minced beef /pork/chicken/shrimp-adjust protein count)
    Salt and pepper and season to taste
    Mix ingredients, pour into greased dish, bake at 375F for 35-45 minutes or until knife comes out of center clean.

Cook for a few days:

Lightly cook several ground beef patties, steak pieces, pork chops or other meats in portions you prefer. I do 4 or 8oz portions, which will keep in refrigerator, and can be quickly heated in pan or microwave.

Boil a dozen eggs Sunday night, bring to boil, turn off heat and let sit for 20 min; to ease peeling: after cooking, put into a bowl of ice water for 2-3 minutes, return to hot water for 1-2 minutes, then back in cold water. Store in container with a folded paper towel to collect water the eggs give off.

Make a quiche, cook a roast, roast a chicken, etc, for several easy meals.
    Great ideas! I'm still hesitant about starting this because of the extra work and time and $ involved coming from someone who has been IF'ing for breakfast for months. A lot of people seem happy with it though.

AnneArchy: I thought I would give it a try for a couple weeks not really expecting to get much from it, so I was astonished by how much better I felt, and that I was able to eat three meals with no snacks, and get the best sleep I've had in years. I've made adjustments to make it easy for my son who's in college and not a morning person, which is what I would recommend for anyone. I had been IFing too, but this is working better for me. My weight was stuck and now is going down again. The extra work is minimal. I told my son to think about how much time he spent standing or waiting at fast food places in a week, and that the cooking would be a lot less that than. But, even if it took me a lot more time, I am sleeping so much better I'd do just for that. Last night I cooked 10 big burgers, enough for five meals in 10 minutes. Anyway, if you try, let me know how you do. All the best.
    WWW.SUGARAHOLICS.COM

Violette is offline Senior Member
    Like ur list sugarbaby. Thought I would join in since I'm doing a LR approach tho not prob needing reset. Am about halfway thru the book. Got it from library.

I've done the breakfasts for maybe 2years, but the no snacking is new to me. Understanding the reasons behind it makes all the dif. Last night was my first of not eating after dinner. Wow. I'm so happy with this.

Digby is offline Senior Member
    Grilled a pork roast, will get probably 4 meals for partner and self. On a whim sliced a couple organic golden delicious apples getting a bit soft, tossed with a little coconut oil and put them on the grill for ten minutes--very good! With some cucumber salad on the side.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

AnneArchy is offline Senior Member
    Ok Sugarbaby, I'm in! I bought all I needed to make a giant quiche and lots of high protein yogurt. It's skim yogurt (sky.r? brand) but it had more protein than fage total. I hope to combine the yogurt with quiche for most mornings.

However, I spend a few nights a week away from my apt, so I may need to have some more portable protein like either egg white or whey shakes, maybe even some bars. From what I've read it's best to avoid whey for this but I need something to take a long that can stand being out of the fridge for a couple hours. I just bought a package of Quest bars for my afternoon snack last week but since I won't be snacking anymore they may have to become part of breakfast now.

I can't believe how much I spent on groceries in preparation for this yikes!! I have to go easier next time.....

What do you plan to do for breakfast after this is over??

AnneA: I find any bars have too much sweet taste for me, which makes me crave, but if you can use them that's great. The initial outlay will keep you going, but you will find ways to get the most from your food dollar. If you eat out, then start making your own, that's a huge savings. I did a quick calculation of what my son was spending eating out for a month, vs what I spend on organic, grassfed, in other words expensive food, and found I was spending no more for two people than he was for one. It looks like more when I pay out $200 for an order of meat, say, but then that meat feeds us for a least two weeks or more of the month. Pre-planning makes all the difference--I speak as one who used to be terrible at food planning, but on primal I finally had to get on board. Not that I always stick to it perfectly, but at least I know what I'm going to eat most of the time, and any variations have to do with this vs that protein or veg not in overall food.
    WWW.SUGARAHOLICS.COM

Happy 4th of July! Parade in Philadelphia just started so I won't make it since I'm an hour west. What happened to all the parades on the 4th in every little town??

I'm in the July 4th mood for some primal ice cream, so plan to do a coconut milk cocoa version later today. It's getting hot already so won't be doing any grilling today, but having grilled two days enough food for a few, will have either burgers or chicken. Here's the plan:

B: Bacon, then choc Optimum Protein with coconut milk, coconut, plus one square of dark choc blended with ice.
    L: Anyone's guess, but probably chevre on almond flour crackers I need to finish.
    D: Burgers with guacamole & cheddar, on mixed greens, with various veggies I need to get used before they spoil (pepper, cuke, scallions, ??)--and ice cream!
    WWW.SUGARAHOLICS.COM

Page 2 of 71 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast