Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fructose vs Glucose Study page

SugarBaby is offline Senior Member

Fructose vs Glucose Study

Shop Now
    The argument that fructose is better than glucose may be yet another mare's nest for those who have issues with sugars, which is clearly a growing part of the population. Dr. Briffa's article is worth reading.

Fructose found to be more harmful than glucose | Dr Briffa's Blog - A Good Look at Good Health
    WWW.SUGARAHOLICS.COM

I was a sugarbaby; meaning since I was born I was given lots of sugar, and ate lots of processed foods, especially sweets until I was into my thirties. Most people in the west were/are sugarbabies.

“How does today’s youngster educate his sense of taste? By submerging it in a sea of sugar from the time he gets up to the time he goes to bed.” W. Root and Richard DeRochemont, Eating in America (1976)

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the reference.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Littlesigh is offline Senior Member
    It is a good article, but I think it needs to be made clear that the frustose he is speaking of is processed, as in HFCS. Some might get the idea that the fructocse in fruit is just as bad as HFCS. Overeating fruit can be a bad thing; I agree with the idea of eating in season and sticking more with the less sweet variety is a better approach and avoiding ALL HFCS! completly!
    Living the dream, inside a myth

joelwlcx is offline Senior Member
    Watch the video "Sugar: The Bitter Truth"... It shows that fructose is actually worse than glucose. I'd still avoid all refined sugars, but sucrose and HFCS are the true evil ones. Artificial sweeteners and "low calorie" sweeteners... I don't even consider them food, but edible poison.

loafingcactus is offline Senior Member
    Edit: wrong thread!

Yes, exactly. I think most diabetics should know this by now, its not that new, and it's not just HFCS (which is not a magically different chemical, it's just concentrated fructose) it is FRUIT.
    Last edited by loafingcactus; 06-30-2011 at 04:59 AM.
    “In God we trust; all others must bring data.” W. Edwards Deming
    Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

Hunt3R is offline Member
    I didn't realize anyone believes fructose is "better" than glucose. Sugar is sugar no matter where it comes from.

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunt3R View Post
    I didn't realize anyone believes fructose is "better" than glucose. Sugar is sugar no matter where it comes from.
    Your 2nd statement almost makes the first statement null. IMO, glucose is much better than fructose because my body can utilize it right away for any energy demands that I might have. Fructose has to be converted before it can be used. In that way, glucose is "better" than fructose. Sugar is sugar can be misleading for those that don't have the knowledge yet.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Hunt3R is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IcarianVX View Post
    Your 2nd statement almost makes the first statement null. IMO, glucose is much better than fructose because my body can utilize it right away for any energy demands that I might have. Fructose has to be converted before it can be used. In that way, glucose is "better" than fructose. Sugar is sugar can be misleading for those that don't have the knowledge yet.
    I definitely agree with you, our bodies have a very good system for utilizing and disposing of glucose in relatively small amounts, but the OP said it the other way around. And moreso, I'd rather get my glucose from starches or gluconeogenesis of protein, sugar is sugar. No matter where it comes from, it's going to have some concentration of fructose.

SugarBaby is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunt3R View Post
    Lots of health food groups promote fructose as good since it is fruit sugar.
    WWW.SUGARAHOLICS.COM

I was a sugarbaby; meaning since I was born I was given lots of sugar, and ate lots of processed foods, especially sweets until I was into my thirties. Most people in the west were/are sugarbabies.

“How does today’s youngster educate his sense of taste? By submerging it in a sea of sugar from the time he gets up to the time he goes to bed.” W. Root and Richard DeRochemont, Eating in America (1976)

js290 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlesigh View Post
    It is a good article, but I think it needs to be made clear that the frustose he is speaking of is processed, as in HFCS. Some might get the idea that the fructocse in fruit is just as bad as HFCS. Overeating fruit can be a bad thing; I agree with the idea of eating in season and sticking more with the less sweet variety is a better approach and avoiding ALL HFCS! completly!
    Biochemically, it's all the same.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast