Thread: Hungry Hungry Leptin Girl page

Hungry Hungry Leptin Girl

Shop Now
    6 days on Dr. Jack's Leptin thingy. 50-60 grams protein within an hour of waking up. No carbs with breakfast. <50 grams of carbs per day. Start my day @ 7 am. No snacks. No food after 7pm.

Lunch to Supper = no hunger.

Supper to Bed = no hunger.

Wakey-wakey = no hunger.

Breakfast to Lunch = grumbly angry screamer belly starts around 10 am like. fiddling. clockwork.

Anyone else having this issue? Typical breakfast is leftover dinner meat and fried eggs. Lunch is a salad the size of my brother's head. Dinner is meat and veggies most nights. Chili on leptin night number 2.

I mean, it's not distracting enough to get me fired, but it's sooo not comfortable.
    The two constants in my life are a clean mind and dirty knees.

Everything else is subject to change without notice.

SugarBaby is offline Senior Member
    I had this for a few days. Probably a sign the system is working to reset.
    WWW.SUGARAHOLICS.COM

I was a sugarbaby; meaning since I was born I was given lots of sugar, and ate lots of processed foods, especially sweets until I was into my thirties. Most people in the west were/are sugarbabies.

“How does today’s youngster educate his sense of taste? By submerging it in a sea of sugar from the time he gets up to the time he goes to bed.” W. Root and Richard DeRochemont, Eating in America (1976)

DaisyEater is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SugarBaby View Post
    I had this for a few days. Probably a sign the system is working to reset.
    Yep. I still get the occasional bit of peckishness 3 hours after breakfast but it's minor and easy to ignore.

GoJenGo is offline Senior Member
    I had something similar, but I can't say it was really hunger. I had to quit eating my beloved eggs, and it went away. They were upsetting the heck out of my stomach, but it felt like violent, growling hunger pangs. lol

This brought about a new problem - what on earth to eat for breakfast every day when I can't have eggs! I sure miss those little suckers. Chicken, steak and tuna for breakfast just isn't the same!

Hope it gets better for ya.
    Life is not a matter of having good cards, but of playing a poor hand well.

- Robert Louis Stevenson

brahnamin is offline Senior Member
    I had that but really only for the first three days. Then I adjusted. I didn't get around to it because I bailed on the leptin experiment and went back to regular Primal and IF, but Dr. Kruse recommended to someone here @ MDA that it was beneficial to consume a liter or two of unsweetened green tea between meals (I guess that doesn't count as snacking), but he never did answer me why he recommended green tea in particular, so I can't really say why, but it might help just to put something calorie free in your belly.

I usually do water whenever I'm feeling hungry or cravings and it's often enough to get me past the pangs.

Idunno if it does anything for leptin, but green tea helps with insulin sensitivity. And isn't the leptin thingy supposed to work by letting insulin do it's thing after meals? Thanks for the tip. I've been drinking water. I'll try the tea.
    The two constants in my life are a clean mind and dirty knees.

Everything else is subject to change without notice.

DFH
    DFH is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DinosaurKisses View Post
    Idunno if it does anything for leptin, but green tea helps with insulin sensitivity. And isn't the leptin thingy supposed to work by letting insulin do it's thing after meals? Thanks for the tip. I've been drinking water. I'll try the tea.
    I think that is exactly right. The supplement I use to improve insulin sensitivity has some green tea extract in it.

My guess is that some rumbling in the morning in the first few days of LR could be just about anything! I started doing it and feel full all the time.