Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kerry Gold vs. Organic Valley Pasture Butter page 2

Angieh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    hmmm. i definitely prefer organic valley's pasture butter. kerrygold is good if i can't find the OV, but only second best. maybe some people don't see OV's pasture butter in the stores where they shop? my coop only carries it because i adamantly requested, but my grocery store carries kerrygold.
    You're right. I've never seen it. Very happy with KG but will definitely give OV a try if I see it.

Zed
    Zed is offline Senior Member
    I tried both, but OV pasture butter has superior favor in my opinion. I get 1 pound of OV Pasture Butter for $7 in my local WFM. Kerrygold is so overrated in my opinion.......

Spinner is offline Senior Member
    Kerrygold Dubliner cheddar is to die for..and let it come up to room temp... sooooo good! Best price I have found for it is Costco. I am going to have to add it to my shopping list! In regards for best price, I got a huge piece at Costco for the same price as a small piece in my local market.
    Every day is another stitch in the quilt of life.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Re-Start date 6/23/2011
    me--Post pregnancy --mama to a beautiful baby boy--
    273.4/269.3/115
    Hubby--230/227.8/165

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    mmmmmm...i love their cheese! though it makes me wonder how great the stuff can be if it's so widely distributed...

geostump is online now Senior Member
    I can get a block of Kerrygold at Trader Joes for $2.78. A grocery closer to home carries it but they charge almost $5/block. TJ's wins on the price.
    Georgette

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Trader Joe's sells Kerrygold for $2.79/8 oz stick. That's $5.58/lb. Freaking Land 'O Lakes is $4+ a pound when not on sale. TJ's is barely a mile from my house. For me, the choice is clear. Let's not forget their pure pasteurized (not ultra-pasteurized) heavy cream for $2.49/pt. Their dairy deals are very good for the quality, that's for sure. Just steer clear of their pre-made junk chock full of canola and soybean oil. They're still on the whole anti-saturated fat kick...you know, because it causes heart disease and all, not the inflammation of oxidized PUFA's and the heavy intake of inflammatory grains loaded with lectins and mineral-blocking phytic acid.
    Last edited by ChocoTaco369; 06-29-2011 at 06:37 AM.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

gordo is offline Senior Member
    The OV pasture butter that I get here is cultured. The taste difference is subtle, but I love that tang that reminds me of sour cream. It costs the same per pound at the local hippy health food store as KG does at Costco. Not everything at Costco is a good deal, the KG is $8 per pound!

Gordo

Shijin13 is offline Senior Member
    I buy the TJ organic unsalted butter and make ghee from it. I've used Kerry Gold before - and I'm meh about it...its saltier than the TJ salted organic butter dh uses. MIL RAVES about kerry gold butter though - she buys it as a treat and will make 1 stick last 4mths... she'll even bring it with her when she visits and stays the night...

I do love the dubliner cheese - we get it from costco to! Some times they'll even have it on sale!

jem51 is offline Senior Member
    Both are cultured. I've tasted them side by side (my daughter works at a food co op), and as much as I always love KG, OV was the winner. BUT I get whichever is cheaper....which is usually KG at TJ's.

Pooka is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I can get a block of Kerrygold at Trader Joes for $2.78. A grocery closer to home carries it but they charge almost $5/block. TJ's wins on the price.
    I finally found some Kerry Gold on Saturday, and it was $5.99 a block. I bought one to try, but it won't be a staple at that price. Wish there was a TJ's nearby.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast