Thread: Beach workouts page

jens522 is offline Senior Member

Beach workouts

Primal Fuel
    Now that the summer is here, I'm spending weekends at the beach. What are some equipment less workouts I can do besides beach sprints?

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Umm, swmming......?
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Ha. Water is Too cold to swim for me.

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Where do you live, the arctic? Okay, forget swimming, you could mix in crawls and jumps. If there are rocks near your beach you could climb and lift them.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Sandbag workouts?
    Bring a shovel and dig. (Be careful of your form.) Use your hands to dig if you don't have a shovel.
    Bring a couple of buckets/containers and carry them around with water or sand in them.
    Move rocks.
    Climb rocks.
    Walk over rocks. (Good for balance, I would think.)
    Walk.
    Haul a weighted sled.
    That's all I've got for now.
    J.

Thanks for the feedback. I am in NY/NJ so the water has been freezing, but I can try this weekend to see if i can make it in. No rocks, tho. That sounds like it would be a cool workout.

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    You could deadlift some guidos or something. They have no appreciable muscle mass so they won't be too heavy.
    You could also take a large'ish water just (5 gal) and fill it with water and walk around with it, lift it, etc. I believe the header of this site (the one that changes when you change pages) has a picture of Mark doing a farmer's walk with them.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

goodegg is offline Junior Member
    HA about the guidos!

Try this one: 100m sprint, 40 jumping jacks, 40 pushups, 40 situps, 80x mountain climbers, 40 more jumping jacks.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by IcarianVX View Post
    You could deadlift some guidos or something. They have no appreciable muscle mass so they won't be too heavy.
    You could also take a large'ish water just (5 gal) and fill it with water and walk around with it, lift it, etc. I believe the header of this site (the one that changes when you change pages) has a picture of Mark doing a farmer's walk with them.
    HA! Well, it is the Jersey Shore. It shouldn't be too hard to find one.

goodegg, that workout sounds great. thanks.