Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What to do after indulging... page

Aly
    Aly is offline Senior Member

What to do after indulging...

Primal Fuel
    I've been primal for a month and a half and have been pretty good as far as adhering to the diet goes. I've only messed up purposely twice before. 2 slices of pizza on the second week and a mocha a couple weeks ago (I didn't make a huge deal out of that one) but today I had a craving. A craving for a big honking chocolate chip cookie. So I went and bought a big honking chocolate chip cookie. I didn't look too much at the label, but I saw it had 500 cals, and I'm assuming there was a real good amount of carbs up in there. It was a BIG OL' cookie.

I'm assuming the response is going to be, "Move on. Don't worry about it." But are there any suggestions as to what to do now? I feel pretty bad about it. I feel like I should do a bunch of HIIT and go on a 10-mile walk! Should I IF all day tomorrow? Throw in an extra HIIT? Forget about it?

loafingcactus is offline Senior Member
    Move on, don't worry about it.
    Punishing yourself over food is wack.
    Don't be wack.
    :-)
    “In God we trust; all others must bring data.” W. Edwards Deming
    Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    If you do want to do something, then take a 5 mile walk. That will take care of it.

busymom is offline Junior Member
    If you really feel the need to compensate, IF for 16 hours and add a workout.

But honestly, what would you say if your best friend ate a cookie? That they were going to primal hell? Probably not. Cut yourself some slack, sweetie- it was a cookie. Not a crime. :-)

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Return to your regularly scheduled primal lifestyle and stop worrying about the cookie. The elevated cortisol from getting upset about it is probably just about as bad for you as the cookie was. Don't make a habit of eating cookies and pizza, but eating one is not the end of the world.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

reba627 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by loafingcactus View Post
    Move on, don't worry about it.
    Punishing yourself over food is wack.
    Don't be wack.
    :-)
    +1

I have friends who freak out if they cheat and eat a piece of cake or something and will do a second workout to offset it. Really? It's a piece of cake one time! Guess what? I just cheated and got thai food (which tasted crappy), then had some Ben & Jerry's ice cream, then ate an ENTIRE Ritter Sport bar. Do I feel bad for doing it? Yes, but no sense in dwelling, it's staying in my belly because I'm not going to throw it up or go run 10 miles to burn it off.

Tomorrow is a new day, don't repeat today and you'll be fine

ineverlose is offline Junior Member
    The best advice I ever heard on this topic is to just make sure your next few meals are low insulin-producing meals. Get right back on track, and don't beat yourself up over it.

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    Here's a great article to read: Fear of Food | The Lean Saloon

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    I might MAYBE eat a TINY bit more strict the next day... but probably not even that.

Like Owly said, the stress from worrying about it will do you more harm than just forgetting about it and moving on.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

davem is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    don't be wack.

Really, if it's a concern though, load up a backpack with a bunch or weight and go for a walk, come back in a couple hours.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast