Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 17 lbs down and no longer considered "obese". page

17 lbs down and no longer considered "obese".

Shop Now
    At least according to my BMI. I know it can be inaccurate, but I'm not exactly muscle-bound either. It hit 29.8, just enough to push me into just "overweight".
    Since April 5th, I've observed the following bonuses:

• I can now fit into some smaller pants sizes. My work pants from a year ago can now be zipped up and worn reasonably well, and I can just pull my 16's right off without unbuttoning.
    • I'm really, really sure I'm gluten intolerant. I'm glad I figured it out, and lots of my digestive problems are gone.
    • My "time of the month" is much more tolerable. My symptoms and pain are nearly gone...although now it's harder to predict!
    • I'm not hungry all the time. It's nice not feeling hypoglycemic every couple of hours.
    • I'm learning to cook more! People are begging to come over for dinner when I tell them about my taco burgers and tender pork chops. Mine don't taste like leather.

I suppose I have Mark to thank for all this. I guess a little more than a year from now I'll have to send him a wedding photo, so he can see how far I've come from being a "bigger" girl. You guys will get pics too, as soon as I feel like I've got a big enough difference.

loafingcactus is offline Senior Member
    That all sounds great! Congratulations!!!
    In God we trust; all others must bring data. W. Edwards Deming
    Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

Aly
    Aly is offline Senior Member
    Awesome job, man! Hopefully the rest of the weight will fall off! It's always great when you have to go down a size in pants. Seems like on the PB I'm having to buy a new wardrobe every month! Good luck with the rest of the way!

katiedid is offline Junior Member
    oooh tell us about your taco burgers! those sound delicious!

Aly
    Aly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by katiedid View Post
    oooh tell us about your taco burgers! those sound delicious!
    +1
    That's what I was thinking. Wonder why I didn't ask?

Haha, okay. I don't have any exact measurements, so it's pretty much guesswork. I take about a pound of ground beef (or bison) and then chop up onions, and sometimes carrots or peppers. I cook the veggies for a little bit in some oil until they're browned and then add it to the burger. I add a bit of salt and pepper, and more moderate amounts of cumin, chili powder and oregano. Actually, it's usually a lot of chili powder. I suppose you could add stuff like garlic powder and paprika too, but I haven't done it yet. And then a couple of eggs as a binder since the burgers like to fall apart with the veggies in it. Mix it up really good and make 'em into patties. Just tweak the recipe until you get it where you like it, like I said, I just guess.

I usually serve it on a bed of greens with a spicy salsa on top. We just call 'em taco burgers because with all the flavors they taste just like tacos without the shell.

Mike Gager is offline Senior Member
    awesome! i have another 118 to go to be overweight lol
    Primal Chaos
    37yo 6'5"
    6-19-2011 393lbs 60" waist
    current 338lbs 49" waist
    goal 240lbs 35" waist

Paleobird Guest
    We all know those BMI numbers and charts can be extremely arbitrary and all that. But still.................... I remember passing from the obese into overweight range and then later passing into the healthy range. Those are BIG milestones, never mind the arbitrariness. Congratulations and Grok on!

belinda is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations!

I know how it feels too! In January, I had an 'obese' bmi at 32.06. Today, I'm mildly overweight at 26.6. 10 lbs to go to be 'normal'
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

belinda is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Gager View Post
    awesome! i have another 118 to go to be overweight lol
    You'll get there Mike!
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast